News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Testing of BOINC version of theSkyNet

Started by Dingo, August 04, 2012, 12:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

Excellent news Dingo.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  :thumbsup:

Like Lawry said and previously by kashi the check-pointing does work for me also.    It just doesn't appear to be working as kashi mentioned earlier.  As usual Kashi's right on the money.

Anyway things are looking up on the theSkyNet front, I wish the WU's were a bit smaller & the stats a bit more regular, but you can't have everything I guess.   And an AA would be a great way to help spread the word & help bolster our score.  Sooo...

Bring on the AA.. :crazy

Cheers to all ..JN..

Dataman

Ok mates, thanks for the information. I'll try to grab another couple of wu's and watch them. Still little crunching going on here ... hot Hot HOT! (104F)

Dataman

POGS hates me.  :hbang: I started 8 on a i7 920 and they are running at 22-27% CPU. I set it back to no new tasks but will try to let them complete but it is going to take 4x the time. Maybe they will use more CPU later.  :cry2:

kashi

Is it showing only 22-27% total CPU Usage in Windows Task Manager for 8 tasks combined? Very strange, I'm running 7 cores and total CPU Usage is 87% as expected. Maybe running all 8 cores is bogging it down, especially if you are running a GPU project at the same time. Perhaps you could try 7 cores (87.5% of processors) and see if it improves.

You're not using BoincTasks to monitor CPU Usage are you? That will give incorrect CPU usage readings on this wrapper project in Windows as reported by JugNut here and Saenger on the project forum.

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on August 13, 2012, 03:53:02 AM
Is it showing only 22-27% total CPU Usage in Windows Task Manager for 8 tasks combined? Very strange, I'm running 7 cores and total CPU Usage is 87% as expected. Maybe running all 8 cores is bogging it down, especially if you are running a GPU project at the same time. Perhaps you could try 7 cores (87.5% of processors) and see if it improves.

You're not using BoincTasks to monitor CPU Usage are you? That will give incorrect CPU usage readings on this wrapper project in Windows as reported by JugNut here and Saenger on the project forum.
Yes, showing in BOINCTasks that's all I use. I got so use to remote viewing while we on our walkabout I almost never look at individual machines. After all I would have to stand up and walk 30 ft to the server room.  :rofl:
I guess my point is POGS is too much bother right now. I will let these 8 finish though to see what other things pop up. Thanks Kashi.
:cheers:

danhtruong

Good morning everyone,

I'm running the Java version of theSkyNet from their website with a handful of credits.
With the BOINC version, will those credits automatically attach, or is the BOINC version different/separate altogther?  aka., theSkyNet POGS, as opposed to normal theSkyNet.

(The email address I use to register for both BOINC projects and theSkyNet are the same)

LawryB

Hello Dan

I believe "they" are currently looking at methods to combine credits, badges etc and DO intend to combine the two.  POGS will be moving to the SKYNET server when testing is complete.
There is a post somewhere on the POGS forum pages but I'm damned if I can find it again.

Cheers Mate

Lawry

EDIT:   If my typing was a bit better I would have found this http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=19&postid=80
then scroll down to message 80.

Dingo

Kevin has implemented his own wrapper for Windows and it now checkpoints.  Iturned my PC off last night when they were 80 odd % complete and this morning when I started it back up they all went back to where they finished.  I put a post HERE

Kevin has not announced that it is fixed yet but looks like it is ???

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

LawryB

Thanks Dingo.
Got to admire Kevin for his work ethic.

Looks like they might be holding back on any new releases until they confirm the data already processed which makes a whole lot of sense.

Cheers

danhtruong

That's great!
Good to know our badges will carry over.

But yes, I'm sure the first Australian BOINC project will be warmly welcomed; most of all, by BOINC@Australia.

:oz:

Dataman

Well, all finished "normally" whatever that is. About 9 hrs per. I'm thinking eFMer is going to have to make some changes. I saw a lot of strange stuff in BOINCTasks. When I looked at the machine via Task Manager the wu's were using in the high 80's to low 90's cpu. I'm going to see what asteroids@home does tomorrow before releasing any more of POGS. I am only running one machine with 8 cores and two cards ... hot Hot HOT ... getting to be annoying.  :furious:

:aus1: :cheers: :US

Dingo

Testing Halted for a while whilr Kevin checks the data to see if all goes well with the science.  See this POST

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

JugNut

New WU's coming through "now".. (just when I have a huge bunch of SIMAP too  :cry2:)

EDIT: 1 machine got 50 the others none, no matter how many times I updated & increased cache. (but it's a start :-) )

EDIT 2: Coming again in dribs & drabs..   "TESTING -  Offically restarted".. :crazy

Dingo

Yes I have a bunch of BOINC Simap as well.  I have both projects available for work so it will sort itself out.  :dance2:

Radioactive@home graph

tazzduke

On it nabbed about 30 tasks, which will do me for the time being, as I still have some LHC to do

Regards
tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant