News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Warning about Energy Retailer

Started by Sean, January 27, 2012, 09:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

I know many people on this forum have solar panels so I thought I would post a warning about the energy retailer Simply Energy (not in all states). Numerous people have reported that Simply Energy has charged them for the amount of energy they produce... when they should credit them. So they are paying money for the energy they produce, if you are with Simply Energy check your bills very carefully. I know people on this forum would more then likely notice such a mistake(?) but older family members and neighbors may not. I still find it hard to believe such a thing could happen.  :angry:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1581541

edit: I probably should have put this in open discussion so guests could read it  :-\

Edit:   I moved the topic :)

Mysteron347

This appears to be a long-standing problem, so my reaction is this:

1. Why is the staff maintaining this long-standing insolent position? Do they genuinely not understand that having a solar generator should reduce the bill? Do they not understand the billing system? Since they've had numerous incidents like this, have they not learned there is a problem, or are they toeing a corporate line?

2. The obvious and mechanical 'explanation' is to blame the computer. Do the programmers not know that returned power reduces the bill, or are they too under instructions NOT to fix the 'error?'

3. Since the Energy Ombudsman has also apparently received repeated complaints, why are they not solving the problem on a systematic basis rather than on a case-by-case basis? The same, no doubt, could be said for consumer affairs.

Why is it that everyone you need to deal with nowadays is classed as an 'expert' who has to have their job explained to them and their errors corrected for them? Why has the management of this company not been sacked? Do the authorities approve of how this company conducts itself?

It's actually a particularly sensitive point with me. The last job I was in, the computer system had been designed to incorrectly calculate GST for nearly six years. I raised the matter with my boss, but was told NOT to fix it - until a complaint arrived via Consumer Affairs. Then it became top priority. They were lucky the complaint hadn't gone to Tax. The company really, really couldn't afford a conscientious audit... Naturally, the boss then made it a special project to have me dismissed - but he still works there.