News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Longest Validating

Started by turbo0, April 21, 2012, 12:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turbo0

Just wondering what's the longest time anyone has had results 'Pending Validation' for. I guess in the end it does matter we get the points eventually, some just seem to take 2 or 3 weeks
Desktop 1 - Ryzen 9 7950x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB DDR5 6000,
Desktop 2 - Ryzen 7 5700x, RTX 3060ti, 16gb DDR4-3200,
Laptop - Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660ti, 16gb DDR4-3200
SFF Dell - i7 8700, RX 6400, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i7 7700, Tesla P4, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i5 7500, GT 1030, 16GB DDR4
SFF HP - i7 3770, GTX 1650, 16GB RAM
Micro PC - N100, 12GB 4800mhz Ram

Folding@Home Stats

Dataman

If I don't count CPDN (30-day wu's) it would have to be Einstein. You can run your side on a GPU in 15 minutes and your wingman has it on a CPU for days then fails then someone else gets it and so on. I've had them out there for two months. Welcome to the forum.  :welcome1:

LawryB

Einstein for me as well 24 days not so long ago.   Also had 27 pages of pending on WCG waiting for validation a week or so ago.

EDIT was finding my specs and putting fingers on right keys.

kashi

I've had a couple of ones in the past take a few months. That was mainly on projects with long deadlines that timed out on different wingmen computers for a few cycles and errored on some others. Einstein@home comes to mind.  Sometimes it was on projects with misconfigured servers or intermittent work availability where the first wingman errored and the replacement replication waited for a month in unsent status until the server got around to sending it out. Generally if there is one wingman error near the end of a deadline period plus one wingman timeout you could say that the majority of pendings usually clear within a period of 3 times the deadline. For projects with a 14 day deadline this would be about 6 weeks.

Which project is it, how long is the deadline?