News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

EVGA Dual socket 1366.

Started by peter leman, January 09, 2010, 12:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter leman

I found a price for the same c.pu. here in oz, a bit much for me!  :shock

Intel Xeon X5680 Hex Core (3.33GHz - 3.60GHz Turbo), 12MB Cache, LGA1366, 1333MHz, 6.4GT/s QPI, HTT, 32nm, 130W - No Heatsink

Our Price: $2,191.75  :faint:

BF

Quote from: P . P . L . on March 24, 2010, 01:03:13 PM
I found a price for the same c.pu. here in oz, a bit much for me!  :shock

Intel Xeon X5680 Hex Core (3.33GHz - 3.60GHz Turbo), 12MB Cache, LGA1366, 1333MHz, 6.4GT/s QPI, HTT, 32nm, 130W - No Heatsink

Our Price: $2,191.75  :faint:

Well it's lucky you only need two of them for this board!  :rofl: :rofl:

BF

Here's a better price, $200 cheaper..

That will make all the difference.  :wink

Furlozza

Oh, and good luck finding the EVGA board in Oz....... hmmmmmmmmm and it does take 'normal' memory sticks, doesn't it?

kashi

Yep normal DDR3. That's one of the reasons it was made actually. Often multi socket server boards only take ECC memory. Gamers and benchmarkers don't take kindly to ECC memory because the extra chip makes it slower and less able to be overclocked.

If you required a greater amount of memory you can still use ECC if you don't mind it being slower. Currently ECC is less expensive than normal DDR3 if you really must have 4GB sticks. If you had already spent such big bikkies for a dual system like this however you may as well go the whole hog and get 2 kits of these blue ones. ;D

Dataman

Introducing the ultimate GPU!! The new EVGA GTX 9990

Only needs a 5000W PSU.  :rofl:

{Relax ... just a joke}

:aus1: