News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project News - QuantumFIRE alpha

Started by kashi, March 16, 2010, 03:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

Could a forum moderator please move my previous post to the active projects section.

It used to be the practice to sticky (pin) and lock these project overview threads with any project news being posted in a separate thread. I don't know if this is still done.

This is another project that is in the red on Teemac's chart and has few team members contributing. I have not finished any tasks yet but I think the credit rate may currently be better than some other projects. I'll do some more of this project when I return from a short break. Anyone who is interested in supporting new projects may wish to give it a go. :)

BF

Ok done  :cool:

Thanks for this one kashi  :thumbsup:

+1

Quote from: kashi on March 16, 2010, 03:43:02 AM
Could a forum moderator please move my previous post to the active projects section.

It used to be the practice to sticky (pin) and lock these project overview threads with any project news being posted in a separate thread. I don't know if this is still done.

Time has been a precious resource for me lately, I'll be getting back to posting project news again shortly. :wavey2:

LawryB

Kashi.  Thanks for the advice.  I like the look of this one.

veebee

Yeah, I'll give it a blast ...
I like attacking new projects for a while, its good for the teams standing too...

who's keen for an "aa" for two weeks ? might put up a post for one if there are a few takers...

LawryB

Veebs. Not a bad idea as it will get the Team into a good place.  Maybe nudge folk toward Iber thingo as well.
Both are in the  "Red"

Mike Mitchell

I'll add a bit to that aa. :thumbsup:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

teemac

I'll be camping here for a month   :oz:

Credit is reasonable (for my CPU only) is 40cr/hr per core on an i7 920 (not o'clocked)
- each WU last approx 22,000 seconds - approx 6 hours 10 mins
- each WU same length - 250 credits (flat rate so far - none vary) - about 7,500cr per day for my box.
- none crashed yet or run out of work
- could be a good one to get our feet well and truly in the door and keep it out of 'red'

kashi

Quote from: BF on March 16, 2010, 08:48:43 PM
Ok done  :cool:

Thanks for this one kashi  :thumbsup:

+1

Quote from: kashi on March 16, 2010, 03:43:02 AM

Time has been a precious resource for me lately, I'll be getting back to posting project news again shortly. :wavey2:

Thanks for moving the project overview.

I didn't mean that you needed to post project news yourself I just meant that in the past the project overview thread was locked so that it would remain a single uncluttered post for new members to refer to. Then anyone who felt inclined could post project news or other discussion relating to the project in a separate thread. Doesn't matter though.

I'm glad some more members have given this project a go, the team has roared up the charts due to your efforts, well done.  :congrats

Now that I'm back I finished the tasks I started and the credit rate was as I had estimated. So it's no goldmine but it's not too shabby either. This may change in the future so it's not a bad idea to crunch some of this project during this early part of its development. Haven't had any stability problems, work fetch has been reliable so far (touch wood), the application uses little memory and credit is fixed.
I've currently allocated 50/50 CPU resource share on this and AQUA FP tasks with FreeHAL running on the memory of course.  ;D

LawryB

Notice the Credit Cops are active on their forum and it is still in alpha.

BF

Quote from: kashi on March 20, 2010, 02:44:15 AM

I didn't mean that you needed to post project news yourself I just meant that in the past the project overview thread was locked so that it would remain a single uncluttered post for new members to refer to. Then anyone who felt inclined could post project news or other discussion relating to the project in a separate thread. Doesn't matter though.

Ahh, my bad sorry!!  All fixed now  :thumbsup: