News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Re: Project News

Started by Dataman, January 24, 2011, 02:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

We have two members now.  biggrin I joined and put it on 3 cores of one machine. First three ran between 9 and 17 minutes. Quorum of 2 and one validated @ 7.55 credits for 1369 secondst. I noticed some wierd things. The %Completion never changed from 0.099% and the time continually increased and then they just suddenly ended. Even more wierd, for three of my wu's my wingman is me!! The same machine was send both the _0 and the _1 copy.  ??? I didn't know BOINC could/would do that. They have very few members ... maybe that's the reason. My first machine registered as #66.

Dingo

I would report the wingman problem on their forum as that should not happen.  The idea of having two or more was so a single person could not manipulate the files and get over valued credit.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Pour le moment oui, c'est normal.
    Tant qu'il n'y a pas "beaucoup" d'utilisateurs, j'autorise que la même machine calcule deux fois la même UT. Je changerai probablement ça dans l'avenir (+ ou - proche ^^).

Approximate translation: As long as there are not "many" users, I authorize that the same machine calculates same UT twice. I will probably change that in the future...

3 members now.  ;D

I'm just doing a little because I'm still on the march to 250k at POEM.

Dataman

They have fixed the email problem and are correcting the mulitple wu/host, %complete and remaining time problems. Nice project to crunch with very good communication from the project admin.

:aus1:

Dataman

Apparently  ??? Stat's are not being exported but a request to do so was posted in their forum.

Dataman

Stat's are now working.  :congrats

I am #2 in the project (for a brief moment)  :crazy

B@A is #2 team (just behind that unmentionable, unspeakable and unpronouncable  French team biggrin)  :dance2: :dance2:

v:

Dingo

Well for today anyway on BoincStats we are Team # 1   :panic:  :dance2:

I put some PC's back onto the project just to try and keep us up there.  :rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on January 26, 2011, 12:18:34 PM
Well for today anyway on BoincStats we are Team # 1   :panic:  :dance2:

I put some PC's back onto the project just to try and keep us up there.  :rocks
Something happened to L'Alliance Francophone's stat's. They dropped 29 positions to 30th ... show no credits and negative previous week. Me thinks we should enjoy today as it is just a stat's hickcup. They were outpacing us almost 2 to 1.

I am leaving 30 cores there for a couple of days and then I have to ease back on the throttle. Nice project to crunch though.

:cheers:

kashi

Yes just a temporary stats glitch because they were previously the only team listed. Currently in 3rd. I'm in 21st position, haha. I will  stop POEM and give EVO 100% for a few days.

Not a big earner but runs smoothly on my computer. There is no shortage of work and just an occasional slowness when uploading results.

Go, go, EVO.   :thumbsup:   
                                                                                               :rocks

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on January 26, 2011, 02:08:36 PM
Yes just a temporary stats glitch because they were previously the only team listed. Currently in 3rd. I'm in 21st position, haha. I will  stop POEM and give EVO 100% for a few days.

Not a big earner but runs smoothly on my computer. There is no shortage of work and just an occasional slowness when uploading results.

Go, go, EVO.   :thumbsup:   
                                                                                               :rocks
That's the spirit kashi! POEM will be here for a long time as will you.  :wink I am waiting to go back when they have their GPU app (if I live that long  biggrin ). Some of the Base Campers hang out there.
Seems to me Evo would make a good AA candidate if it stays stable with a good flow of work. It not very resource intensive and should be good for older machines. Short, quick and easy wu's and credit is not great but OK.

Ok, I'll run with you for a while. Maybe we can at least make the French take notice.  ??? I'll have to shut down some cards to offset electricity. Funny ... before I got the SmartMeter, I got an electric bill once a month and I got depressed. Now I can go online and depress myself every day.  :rofl: :rofl: What price technology?

:dance2:

Dingo

I have a few cores running as well.  It does not run on my 64 bit Linux as they have used a very new version of glibc and my distro and most distros will not have it.    But it runs well on my 64 bit PC's even though they send the 32 bit app,

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

As is sometimes the case there are just too many frogs I think. >:D  If we keep ze Chermans within sight we'll be doing well though.  :cool:

Nice idea for an AA on EVO though, an AA on a relatively new project I always find appealing.  :thumbsup:

Mike Mitchell

Okay you Silver Tongues you. I've added two PC's to see if I can help build up this project.  :yahoo:

However, I would like some assistance with CAS particularly as they now have a Linux application.   :wink
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Dingo

Quote from: Mike Mitchell on January 26, 2011, 11:25:38 PM
However, I would like some assistance with CAS particularly as they now have a Linux application.   :wink

OK I put my only Linux PC onto CAS.

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

Silver tongues, eh, haha.

Well I may have mozzed it, there is currently no work available. :cry2:

Alrighty, I'll give CAS a burl, yeeha! "Great horny toadies! I think I crunched all the way to Chinee!"   :rofl: