News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

BOINC PENTATHLON

Started by Dingo, April 29, 2012, 12:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Open thread for guests and members to post on the BOINC PENTATHLON.  This is a link to the Teams Page and General Information.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dingo

Collatz Conjecture has been chosen as the GPU project from the 07 - 12 May so it will be concurrent with Rosetta.  See this link http://www.seti-germany.de/blog/category/boinc-pentathlon/

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

kashi

The 3rd project of the BOINC Pentathlon in the discipline Showbag is:
World Community Grid

All credits granted between
05/10/2012, 0.00 (UTC) and
05/15/2012, 0.00 (UTC) will be taken into the BOINC Pentathlon validation. Please note that pending credits cannot be taken into account! The statistics for this project can be found at
http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/statistiken/challenge.php?challengeid=3.

WCG goes from 10 - 15 May.
So WCG starts as soon as Rosetta finishes. Hmm, this is a strange system, if Pentathlon runs until the 18th and all projects have a 5 day runtime then 3 CPU projects will be overlapping in the last week. Still, Australians are traditionally at home in the water so no trouble for us to be shooting and swimming at the same time while on horseback.;D

Dennis

So Rosetta is up first starting at 05/05/2012, 0.00 (UTC).
What would that be in East Australia time?

Den.

Dingo

That's about 10am Sydney time Saturday.  If you press the home button at the top of the page there is a countdown in the news section.

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

Well that was good timing, SIMAP is out of work so I have switched to Rosetta.

I've chosen 1 hour runtime as this has given me the best Rosetta credit in the past. Makes it easier for changeover to WCG too. Have kept cache small as they want results back quickly for CASP 10 workunits.* Had to uninstall theSkyNet for 5 days because hard disk started to thrash due to big memory Rosetta tasks, one task was using 763MB!

I will choose a zero redundancy project for WCG so there will be no pending.

Good luck and good crunching to all Pentathletes.:thumbsup:

*CASP 10, a community wide experiment in structure prediction starts tomorrow on May 1st and runs to August 1st. During this time we will be using BOINC heavily for structure prediction. If your work unit starts with the label rb you're running a CASP 10 target! rb is short for Robetta which is our publicly available server for structure prediction....for CASP we need results back within a day or two, as our approach is iterative: we analyze the results after one day and send out another set of wu based on these results for two days of computing, then collect the results and submit to CASP. so please do set your buffer to a shorter time, and let us know if you are running out of wu. thanks!

turbo0

which projects are zero redundancy?
Desktop 1 - Ryzen 9 7950x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB DDR5 6000,
Desktop 2 - Ryzen 7 5700x, RTX 3060ti, 16gb DDR4-3200,
Laptop - Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660ti, 16gb DDR4-3200
SFF Dell - i7 8700, RX 6400, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i7 7700, Tesla P4, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i5 7500, GT 1030, 16GB DDR4
SFF HP - i7 3770, GTX 1650, 16GB RAM
Micro PC - N100, 12GB 4800mhz Ram

Folding@Home Stats

kashi

FightAIDS@Home
Help Fight Childhood Cancer
The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2
Computing for Clean Water
Computing for Sustainable Water

FAAH
HFCC
CEP2
C4CW
CFSW

Dingo

An observation on Rosetta. 

Rosetta work units in Windows on my i7 windows 7/Vista 64 bit PC's are always granted less than claimed but on my two Q6600's Linux 64 bit PC's they are always granted more than claimed.

Windows is getting between 19 -20 credits per work unit per hour
Linux is getting between 23 - 27  credits per work unit per hour.

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

Currently in 14th place.

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

Dropped to 17 th position now.  Not too bad as there is under 100 members participating, but they don't know it's on most probably as few members use the forum.

Radioactive@home graph

LawryB

This is painful.   It might be a pentathlon but it is fast becoming a COMPUTATIONAL ERROR- LON.

My 32 bit Win 7 machine crashes out with every WU.
My Q6600 64 bit Win 7  is starting to settle down but has had its share of crashes.
My I7 3930 64 bit Win 7 was going OK with only a few crashes but now I am trying fun Collatz on my twin GPU, all the WUs for Rosetta are finishing then crashing.

This sort of thing

6/05/2012 8:53:31 AM | rosetta@home | Computation for task ab_11_29__optpps_T5531_optpps_03_09_35686_260753_0 finished
6/05/2012 8:53:31 AM | rosetta@home | Output file ab_11_29__optpps_T5531_optpps_03_09_35686_260753_0_0 for task ab_11_29__optpps_T5531_optpps_03_09_35686_260753_0 absent
6/05/2012 8:54:05 AM | rosetta@home | Computation for task ab_11_29__optpps_T5311_optpps_03_09_35686_260753_0 finished
6/05/2012 8:54:05 AM | rosetta@home | Output file ab_11_29__optpps_T5311_optpps_03_09_35686_260753_0_0 for task ab_11_29__optpps_T5311_optpps_03_09_35686_260753_0 absent

always the same error no matter which machine.

Trolled through Rosetta's boards looking for a solution and there doesn't appear to be a fix.   Lots of crunchers have given up and gone elsewhere as this has been going on for 3 months now.

The opsys says he thinks it is either BOINC 7.0.XX series and has suggested we go back to 6.10.xx or maybe it is the GPUs.

Now running just Rosetta (16 threads).  Will see what happens today.  It either improves or I am out of here.

The only machine working without any problem is my IMAC.

:furious: :furious: Bashhead

tazzduke

Morning LawryB

Sorry to hear about your machiines crashing, are you still using 7.0.24 by chance on your machines?  Some other projects are reporting issues with 7.0.24 and advising to upgrade to 7.0.26, which may solve the problem, but then again it could be a different problem thats hitting your computers.

I have not much else to help you with, as I am running Rosetta in my Linux VM and its still using BOINC version 6 trunk.  My windows is running BOINC 7.0.26, but its in standby awaiting for the next project to crunch in the Pentathalon (I did run some Collatz on Friday night it they ran well and validated).

This information may or may not help, but I hope it does for someone.

Happy Crunching
Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

LawryB

Hi Tazzduke and thanks.   Running 7.0.25 and now swapping up to 7.0.27 on the 64 bit and back to 6.10.whatever on the 32bit machines.
7.0.26 I think addressed the High Priority issue of previous versions.
Rosetta is looking OK as long as it is the only BOINC project I am running but that sort of defeats the purpose of 6 cores (12 threads) and my dual GPUs.
I'll have a bit of a play when the Penthalon has finished and see what happens.
Cheers

kashi

I'm starting to have problems with Rosetta also. It hasn't been too bad until today with only every 20th or 30th task erroring after about 20 seconds. But today I have been getting heaps of tasks with huge memory usage. Hard disk is thrashing away quite often. I'll drop down to 5 cores and see if that works. If not I'll turn off hyperthreading, that should fix it. I'll be glad when it's time to switch to WCG, haha now there's a change.;D