News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Cruncher Pete, May 06, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

Krembil should change its motto from "relentless" to "hopeless".

"QA testing has finally successfully finished and all the bugs have been resolved. Production environment is being tested right now. Considering the unexpected issues we ran into with the QA system, we prefer to test it a couple of days further. The website and forum are ready to be relaunched, the production environment is successfully querying BOINC locally and we are going to restart BOINC slowly in the next few days. We will provide further details early next week."

Dataman

They announced on Facebook that there will be another delay of a week (or more?)

Dingo

Quote from: Dataman on May 30, 2022, 12:36:42 AM
They announced on Facebook that there will be another delay of a week (or more?)

Must be getting paid by the hour.  Ridiculous  :faint:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

shift

Maybe the other projects are paying them to hold off /jk

Dataman

Quote from: shift on May 31, 2022, 08:21:39 PM
Maybe the other projects are paying them to hold off /jk
:rofl:

When they shut down they had ~ 30k active users. Will be interesting to see how many come back.

Abruraspingi

Getting close to two weeks since their last update. They have been down for almost a month longer than they originally estimated.
https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/news/0522

I miss crunching the Microbiome Immunity Project. I'm glad they got funding to allow alternative crunching

chooka03

Yeah my rank sucks at WCG. One day I'll crunch it again :)

Dataman

More BS.

"Dear Volunteers, we have been working hard to enable the restart of the WCG. As anyone who has experienced this journey with us knows, it has been a long and rocky road. Unfortunately, our testing uncovered unforeseen bugs and prevented us from discussing much of our day-to-day work with you. In this update, we wish to give some insight into some of the technical difficulties and new methods of communication we have been working on.

At the moment, our top priority is fixing bugs on the production website, currently operational in our private cloud environment. Issues we must resolve before providing access to the website mainly involve security checks, updates to our backend database, certificates, performance monitoring and many smaller technical issues.

To clarify, while the existing users would see all their past contributions and stats, forums, and web content, we are facing issues with the account registration process for new volunteers. By our best estimate, this issue and others related to user experience on the WCG website should be fixed by early next week.

We are also fixing some certificate issues with SendGrid, the service we use for sending emails to all of our active volunteers. The benefits include receiving web articles (like this one) in the form of emails directly in your inbox and the option to opt in or out of specific updates.

On the topic of communication, we are happy to announce that our team expanded - and we have a communications intern for the next 16 months. We are preparing a new platform for communications - Instagram, and started planning new audio-visual material for our YouTube channel. The video making process had to take a backseat during the migration process but we are gearing up to change this, once all of our technical difficulties have been solved.

We would like to thank you for being patient with the time it has been taking to fully prepare the system for restarting WCG. We are working hard to ensure that the result is well worth the wait.

The World Community Grid TEAM - Together Everyone Accomplishes More"

Dingo

The WCG Web Page is up.  Can someone show me the link to server_status so I can see what projects have work ??????

Well it was up for a while down again............

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

tazzduke

Just jumped on the forums and the following was advised by an administrator

WCG
indeed - for now only web and forums are back online for public - we will restart boinc soon, and we will announce it

thank you for waiting. thank you for your support.

work units are ready - new tasks have been prepared. More science updates in the pipeline.

thank you
igor

So it won't be long now

Cheers

AA 24 - 53 participant

jave808

Mini update from the forums...

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,44131_offset,0

Also, some WUs were released yesterday (6 July). LOTS of people got excited, but it was only for testing. I'm leaving WCG open for now and see what happens.
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

Abruraspingi

I received a couple of WU from WCG. Didn't take long to crunch and run out again. They were for COVID, didn't get any other tasks
Hopefully it ramps up again shortly

jave808

PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

Dingo

I tried to get work but notified that I had the wrong URL and needed to detach and attach again using the URL that is not secure. http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

I now attached to a couple of Windows machines and I am getting the error on all downloads:

Bundy-2

46649 World Community Grid 20-Aug-22 2:20:58 PM Started download of bd4ec244f2433192edb99a54530a1602.zip
46650 World Community Grid 20-Aug-22 2:21:02 PM Temporarily failed download of de0ac77b54ee7eaaaa159d03fa67aa62.pdbqt: transient HTTP error
46651 World Community Grid 20-Aug-22 2:21:02 PM Backing off 00:13:22 on download of de0ac77b54ee7eaaaa159d03fa67aa62.pdbqt
46652 World Community Grid 20-Aug-22 2:21:02 PM Temporarily failed download of bd4ec244f2433192edb99a54530a1602.zip: transient HTTP error

You would have thought that beeing down for months and months they would have figured all this stuff out by now.  I will leave the downloads going but not very hopefull for this project.

Radioactive@home graph

tazzduke

I reckon by Christmas they might have everything back up and running. lol

There is little work, that they drip feed out, this is part of their testing as well, so they can figure out where the bugs/network jams are.

AA 24 - 53 participant