News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Cruncher Pete, May 06, 2009, 04:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abruraspingi

They must be doing more testing. Randomly got about eight WU for Mapping Cancer Markers. I'll see what happens in 2 hours once it's completed

Abruraspingi

Okay, it looks like they've expanded the pool of people they want to use for testing. My server has processed a couple so that's good. Strange that they are doing testing on a weekend

https://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forums/wcg/viewthread_thread,44139

Mick Lindsay

I've got 16 OPN1 running and 4 waiting to start. My user total has gone up by 8000 over the weekend.

Mick Lindsay

Work unit have all dried up  :faint:

Abruraspingi

It feels like WCG will never get up and running again. I kept hoping that when the transition finished there would be a new project or two to be a sweetener to bring people back. At this rate I feel it's lost to the winds.

I feel like an addict waiting for my next hit of WCG WU's

Mick Lindsay

I have had reasonable data from them since the 10th Sep. OPN1 comes in big batches them stops for a couple of days but ARP fills in that hole. So they are seem to be getting better. ( A along way to go to get back to the IBM system)

Dingo

I am getting some openPandemics work on my RPI's but they are far from what they used to be.  The web site is very slow, and none of the graphs work on the web site.  They are also not exporting stats to the signature site.  Very disappointing. !!

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

jave808

Just got this email this morning! The sun is shining so bright today!!!

�World Community Grid is officially restarting BOINC
Subject: World Community Grid is officially restarting BOINC
From: "World Community Grid <support@worldcommunitygrid.org>" <support@worldcommunitygrid.org>
Date: 2/10/22, 04:15
To: xxx

World Community Grid

Dear jave200372,

We are proud to announce that after months of preparation and testing, the World Community Grid is ready to fully restart operations as one of the most cost efficient and powerful supercomputers in the world, dedicated exclusively to crunching data for scientific research that benefits the world.

After a long process of rebuilding WCG at Krembil Research Institute in Toronto, Canada, the platform is stable for broader use. Existing projects have prepared new workunits, and we have started to work on onboarding new projects.

We are reaching out to ask you to join the WCG community once again, and help transform open science through global collaboration, citizen engagement and youth outreach. As a World Community Grid volunteer your devices perform research calculations when idle or with what they can spare without impeding your personal use of them.

WCG is a safe, secure, and easy way to contribute to science. WCG has been built using the principle of security by design. Your personal information will never be shared, ever. The software cannot access your personal files, and security experts constantly test the system for any vulnerabilities or vectors of attack.

With your help, scientists can identify the most important results to study in the lab, accelerating discoveries that save lives and address global challenges.

Since 2004, more than 7.5M computers and Android devices have contributed to the network that makes up WCG, and over 2.4M years of computing power has been contributed to date. WCG condenses computational time to allow scientists to answer the world's most pressing questions more quickly, more thouroughly, and cost efficiently by directing their limited budgets away from the generation and towards the analysis and interpretation of results.

Help us make a difference and support science at the World Community Grid! With support from volunteers from around the world, partners, and funders, people contribute to scientific discoveries.

Please re-join us in the WCG Community and help to accelerate science by creating a supercomputer empowered by a global community of volunteers:

Join World Community Grid →

Your individual contribution may seem small but together we are making the impossible possible, and democratizing access to incredibly expensive supercomputers with your help.

Thanks for your support,

WCG Team at Krembil Research Institute, UHN  

We have not received a result from you in over 227 days. We need your help again!

Download →

Your contribution

Run Time: 27 years
Results: 99,884
Last Result: February 15, 2022

Go to your contribution →

Learn more about our research
There have been 31 research projects to date in humanitarian efforts in health and technology.

View our projects →
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

shift

In case you care, you left your email address on that attachment Jave.

jave808

Thanks shift. I will modify it.
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

Dingo

he web site is down already.  FAIL

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Abruraspingi

The website and forums are still down. I knew it was too good to be true. Feeling a bit devastated but doesn't matter as I'm crunching other WU's including some Moo Wrappers.

I'm surprised there isn't an update on their Twitter or Facebook

jave808

@Dingo and @Abruraspingi

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess that WCGs email promoted a lot of network activity...

Sort of like a self-inflicted DoS attack? Would this be going too far?

No website. And I can't download any new WUs or upload results from completed tasks.

shift

Abruraspingi

Just received a handful of Mapping Cancer Markers. WCG is looking more positive every day