BOINC@AUSTRALIA FORUM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 07:47:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
42419 Posts in 1821 Topics by 181 Members
Latest Member: Bunteck
* Home Help Login Register
+  BOINC@AUSTRALIA FORUM
|-+  Retired BOINC Projects
| |-+  IDEOLOGIAS@HOME (Moderator: Dingo)
| | |-+  Project update
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Project update  (Read 28889 times)
Cruncher Pete
« on: June 25, 2011, 08:47:15 PM »

If you have any ambitions to crunch this project and achieve any Milestones, you only have about two weeks in which to do it. The Project Manager indicated in their Sister Project Neurona that Ideologias will be retired soon as they intend to concentrate on one Project in the future.  We are ranked 15th at the present moment.  I am going to put everything on it as the other projects can wait and we can get back to it but this one will not be here soon.

Looks like we might have missed the boat already as their upload/download server is disabled. Sounds like others had similar ideas and have overloaded the server.  I am going to keep this running and asking for WU's automatically anyhow...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 09:08:03 PM by Cruncher Pete » Logged
Cruncher Pete
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 05:45:22 AM »

It was a good idea at the time and as stated in the previous post of mine. I left the project run overnight to see what happens and to see if I can get WU's.  I got WU's OK it seems as they were running for over 6 hours.  The problem is that normally they only last a few minutes rather than hours and in my case nothing moved,  No progress indicator change no time remaining, both at zero. Deleted all and I have returned to crunching QMC but will keep an eye on this to see what happens.
Dingo
Founder BOINC@AUSTRALIA
ADMINISTRATOR
Super Hero

Aussie Karma: +1760/-0

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 11:36:30 AM »

It was a good idea at the time and as stated in the previous post of mine. I left the project run overnight to see what happens and to see if I can get WU's.  I got WU's OK it seems as they were running for over 6 hours.  The problem is that normally they only last a few minutes rather than hours and in my case nothing moved,  No progress indicator change no time remaining, both at zero. Deleted all and I have returned to crunching QMC but will keep an eye on this to see what happens.

I hate it when that happens  Faint

AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-POEM 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Poem 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-YoYo 32-POGS 33-WCG 34-SETI 35-POGS 36-POEM 37-POGS 38-Asteroids 39-POGS/MILKYWAY 40-SIMAP 41-POGS/Einstein 42-Seti/Seti 43-Asteroids/Poem 44 WCG/Einstein 45-POGS/Poem 46-WCG/Einstein 47-POGS/Poem 48-Asteroids/Einstein 49- CSG / Primegrid 50-POGS / Einstein 51-
Challenges: 1-Citizen Science Grid

Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa Canada
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: