News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

New scoring system

Started by Dingo, September 22, 2011, 05:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

They changed the scoring system so that there is one point per 15 minutes for each core that runs an application.  There is also one point for every 15 Mb of data that is processed. See this thread.

You will see that I asked for clarification about Hyper threading as my i7's have 4 cores but are in effect 8 cores.  They have confirmed that I could run 8 applications as long as I had enough memory for the 50mb each application.

They have also put into affect a system where you will not get credit if you have too many applications running on a PC.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Chris Rhino

Thanks for the heads up. Did they mention how many applications are too many? I assume its way more than my 9?

Dingo

Quote from: Chris Rhino on September 22, 2011, 08:21:26 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Did they mention how many applications are too many? I assume its way more than my 9?

One application per core or 2 per core if hyper threading is turned on in the Bios.  So if you have a 4 core computer that is not hyper threaded then you can run 4 of their applications.  If it is hyper threaded then you can run 8.  I am running 11 at the moment. 1) i7 930 quad core hyperthreaded = 8  2) C2D laptop is running 2, and 3) Linux Q6600 hyper threaded but only running one application as it is also my web server.  My dashboard has said that I am running 13 for a couple of hours now but do not know how it gets that number ??

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dingo

The Team is really moving up the ladder, even though there are just seven of us.  We were down in the 60's a day or two ago and we were at 35th yesterday and when I just looked we were in 19th and rising.  Good job Team, even though it is not BOINC I have the points bug now on this one.  I am still crunching a lot of BOINC as well doing Primegrid, Yoyo and DnetC.

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

Yep, team is going great. :thumbsup:

Sometimes it gives no credits at all for many hours and then jumps up a bit. Seems to be giving me less than their formula but seeing as the team is rising up the ranks it must be doing the same for everybody. Running 3 browser applications and for BOINC, currently doing WCG on CPU and MilkyWay on GPU.

Haha, how weird is the trophies system, you can go for hundreds of points without getting any more, then get 3 or 4 within the space of fifty points.:crazy

Tin Man

Wondering if there has been a major crash on skynet.  On 2 of my computers my 525 credits have suddenly become a great fat 0

kashi

Yes something awry at the moment. Website not available at all here for the last hour or so.

Hopefully they'll fix it up soon and it won't continue to go down on weekends like MilkyWay sometimes does.

Edit: It's back up, all my points are intact and I have another trophy.;D

Tin Man

Normal service resumed over here too, and credits restored.  Onwards and upwards again. :thumbsup:

Dingo

We are in 16th position but by tomorrow the Team should be in the top 15 going by the credits we are gaining on the 15th spot 

Radioactive@home graph

LawryB

Is it time for a call to arms?   Lurking about 12 places behind us is SkyNet Francophone.  It just won't do to have them outscore us on our own turf.   :aus1:

EDIT:  l'avertissement!!!  Du français sont à venir

kashi

"Zoot Allures, en garde!" ;D

Dingo

I don't think we can stop them if they really try.  They have many more members than us on BOINC but you can't see in this one so maybe we have a chance.  I will keep an eye on their credits over a period and see if we are keeping pace with them.

date                   B@A     Place         SkyNet Francophone       Place     Diff

26/9 12:35        28637   15              11679                             29      16958
26/9 15:12        29194   15              11769                             29      17425           --------   we are currently producing more than them.
29/9 20:34        30251   15              12170                             28       18081          ----------  Looks like we are going to be OK for a while.

Radioactive@home graph

Dennis

Now if they will only let me join the BOINC@AUSTRALIA alliance my 139 credits will help lol.
Every time I click the join button it takes me to a page that says "you are not in an alliance".
Have messaged them but it seems that they get hundreds of messages a day and have only one person answering them.

Dingo

They have a forum now with a Troubleshooting board here:  http://www.theskynet.org/account/forum   Give it a try you might get an answer quicker.

Radioactive@home graph

Dennis

Will do mate, thanks for that dingo.
Have 220 credits now so hope that are moved over to the alliance as well.