News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

BOINC@Australia - Movers and shakers

Started by danhtruong, October 27, 2011, 09:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Onward and upwars and thanks to RAAMen for the graphs.  UK Skynet Group are #5 and that is where we are want to be, and will be.  biggrin

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Good graph.:thumbsup:

I've added another SkyNet instance today after a 50 hour BOINC task finally finished. Now running 5 WCG GFAM and 3 SkyNets; used to keep a core free to reduce contention slowdown and heat but now cooking with gas on all 8 cores. Temp has risen to 80 °C on hottest core, probably my 'sink is full of dust.>:D Time for a clean out soon before summer.

SkyNet's not using nearly as much internet as earlier in its development. I've only used about 3.5GB so far this month. I know there were long idle periods early in the month but even so that's not much compared to before.

May have to reduce SkyNet crunching during the AA and and/or crunch possible AA project in Linux. So will probably increase to 4 SkyNets for the rest of the month after I get my bronze GFAM in pending.

Dingo

Yes not as much download for me either, just 15 Gig so far.  I am running the linux client all all my pc's so I can start and stop the services as required and can see a log of what is happening. Over the weekend there is usually a long time that Skynet does nothing so I stop some of the clients ang increase BOINC.  During the AA I will reduce my SkyNet but I have 17 instances of the linux client running of which 15 are running on Widows PC's in VirtualBox.  I am trying to cut down on electricity till my bill comes as I have used too much over th last couple months so I am not running any GPU's.

Hopefully by the end of the month we will be a lot closer to 5th place in SkyNet.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dingo

A couple of more graphs from RAMen to Team Australia that is in # 3 position.

The mountain we are climbing presently is a large one I know.

However I was looking at the stats today and did the numbers in the spreadsheet and found a surprising outcome:

It's worth the look.

2 GRAPHS:

http://203.0.178.90/~ramen/images/difference_Australia_alliance.png

http://203.0.178.90/~ramen/images/daily_difference_B@A_Australia.png

Also got a new Trophy today but the new Dashboard says Ihave to wait 13123 credits till the next one. :crazy

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

The Team is catching up to 5th ploace which will put us on the front page of theSkyNet website.  On the 17/11 we were almost 70K behind UK Skynet Group but we are less than 50K today.  :cheer1:

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

That's good progress.:thumbsup:
I'm down to one instance now, slower but still ticking over. I had 3 running for a fair while but SkyNet processing was on and off like a bride's nightie.;D

Plus I've switched on Constellation seeing as many have started. Windows seems slightly faster than Linux. Linux was doing 4.5 hours per task with 7 cores loaded. Windows does 3.5 hours with 5 cores loaded, 3.9 hours with 6 cores loaded and 4.4 hours with 7 cores loaded. Memory is OK, using less now than it was a week ago. Uses between 50MB and 300MB per task seemingly at random and fluctuates during the tasks as well. Can't work it out, memory is allocated dynamically somehow according to how much is available but the allocation mechanism doesn't seem to follow any pattern I can see. Anyway it's working well so far with no errors that's the main thing. Go, go Aussie Assault! :cheer1:

Dingo

The Graph is looking great and we are now only 30K away from 5th place.  I got the next Trophy but I am 36285 credits away from your next trophy.   :cry2:

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

The Team is in 5th place in the world which puts us on the front page of the SkyNet website under Leaderboards / Alliance.   http://www.theskynet.org/index

Great job to all those that contributed from our BOINC Team and the top crunchers of the Alliance from Cruncher Junkies.  :congrats :congrats

#1 kirdnem-vince 106103
#2 RAMen 74189

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

Yay, well done everyone. :thumbsup:    :congrats     :congrats     :congrats

I just went for a walk outside and the Alliance has crunched so much sky the moon has gone red. biggrin

Dingo

As you can see we are still catching up to the Team in 5th Place.  If you have any PC's that have any spare cores the Boinc@Australia Alliance can always use the help even if it is only on a ad hoc basis.

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

The Team dropped to 6th place today as a team went flying by from below.  However we are still catching up to the Team above us and should be back in 5th place at some time.   If you have any spare cores all are welcome to contribute even if it is not BOINC.   :rocks

Radioactive@home graph

danhtruong

Yeh, due to permissions and restrictions on work computers, I can't install BOINC.

So running Java on these computers are no worries if you have a few spare cores (if anyone is in the same situation as me)

:thanks1: