News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

BOINC PENTATHLON

Started by Dingo, April 29, 2012, 12:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

Hi Lawry,
Same thing happened to me I went to bed atfter 3am, then woke only recently to find a full cache of Computation error's. The strange thing is they just sat there all night & didn't report.  Also my GPU tasks were still running fine. Anyway I re-started the machine & all seems now well. What I did notice though was the rossetta 64bit science app had to be re-downloaded with the extra WU's. It's my  OC 'd i7 920 running Boinc ver.7.0.26 that "had" (touch wood) the problems. My old pentium D that I use maily only for challenges & AA,s has no such problems. The i7 runs win7 x64 & the PentD runs Win7 32 bit & the same Boinc ver 7.0.26 only 32 bit of coarse.

Not a good look in the middle of a challenge hey??

Anyone know the DL address for Boinc ver. 7.0.27  ?

I seem to have a hoodoo on my main machine, but mainly only during challenges & AA's. As homer would say "doohhh"..

:compbash:

Cheers ..JN..

Dingo

I am running 7.025 BOINC and the only problem I have had is that Rosetta is not just sending one hour work units.  My work goes from on to four hours and it uses more and more memory as it goes.  On my Q6600 with only 2 Gig Ram it only runs three tasks instead of four.  I have not seen many error but there has been a couple but not many.

Back to WCG soon.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

turbo0

My old e8200 seems to be running fine but I am having that problem on my GF's i5 laptop (win 64bit boinc 7.025). Seems about 50% of them are getting Compute error. Was wonding why I wasn't getting credits.
Desktop 1 - Ryzen 9 7950x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB DDR5 6000,
Desktop 2 - Ryzen 7 5700x, RTX 3060ti, 16gb DDR4-3200,
Laptop - Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660ti, 16gb DDR4-3200
SFF Dell - i7 8700, RX 6400, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i7 7700, Tesla P4, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i5 7500, GT 1030, 16GB DDR4
SFF HP - i7 3770, GTX 1650, 16GB RAM
Micro PC - N100, 12GB 4800mhz Ram

Folding@Home Stats

LawryB

JugNut

Thanks Lawry, will give that a crack.

Yea the wheels seem to have fallen off our challenge bid so far don't they?  But it's still early days I suppose.

(looks for old retired p4's in back of cupboard)  :rofl:

Cheers & Happy crunching ..JN..

PS. Back up 1 position to 16th place..

kashi

The majority of my Rosetta tasks are finishing at slightly before or slightly after the 1 hour I set. I had a few this morning though that went for about 2 hours before the watchdog timer stopped them. They used a gigantic amount of memory at times so I aborted with extreme prejudice another 7 of that type, 6 in my cache and 1 that had been running for 7 minutes. They were secY_hybrid ones.

I am still using 6 cores, get a bit of disk thrashing sometimes when I open a browser or do anything, but if I leave it alone it is not too bad. It just depends if I get a batch of the higher memory usage tasks running at the same time. This morning I had one that maxed out at 1.6GB. :shock

Was getting a few that errored after 20 seconds and 3 that errored after 15 minutes but haven't had any error tasks recently.

I have often had trouble with Rosetta over the years, my first BOINC computer had insufficient memory to run it at all, my second computer also could not run it due to excessive error rate and my third current computer has run it successfully in the past but is currently struggling sometimes due to high memory tasks.

kashi

The last 2 projects which run concurrently from May 14-19 are QMC@HOME and yoyo@home.

Dingo

Not two projects that members normally crunch as seen by the stats.  I guess all we can do is try.

I have my two duel 5800 series ATI GPU's running Collatz as well as running rosetta.  This is where 64 bit and 6 gig of memory works out well, more memory might be even better.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

kashi

Yes I haven't contributed to either of those projects in a fair while. I'll choose QMC@HOME I think and see if I can get my 475K up to 500K. Can't remember if it processed faster on Windows or Linux. Suppose I'll try a bit of both and see for myself.;D

Dennis

I have 3 compute errors so far, 2 very short ones under 25 seconds and one at 1,367.49 seconds.

Den.

JugNut

Was it just me, or did the forum go down for 12+ hours?

Dingo

Yes the data base went down and needed to be rebuilt.

Radioactive@home graph

turbo0

World Community Grid come at me :mwalk:
Desktop 1 - Ryzen 9 7950x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB DDR5 6000,
Desktop 2 - Ryzen 7 5700x, RTX 3060ti, 16gb DDR4-3200,
Laptop - Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660ti, 16gb DDR4-3200
SFF Dell - i7 8700, RX 6400, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i7 7700, Tesla P4, 16GB DDR4,
SFF Dell - i5 7500, GT 1030, 16GB DDR4
SFF HP - i7 3770, GTX 1650, 16GB RAM
Micro PC - N100, 12GB 4800mhz Ram

Folding@Home Stats

Dingo

Looks like we finished in 18th place with 120 points overall.  Well done team  :cheer1:  v:  :rocks

http://www.seti-germany.de/boinc_pentathlon/statistiken/pentathlon.php

Radioactive@home graph

JugNut

I'll second that Dingo.   And when you consider It was all done with as little as 12 - 25 B@A'ers most times, we did great.

Actually, I think we did a flippin awesome job...

Congratz to all..   :congrats  :congrats  :congrats 

:rocks

Happy Crunching ..JN..