News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Oh,,,,THIS looks like fun???

Started by Cosmicvandal, June 05, 2012, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

Glad to hear you are safe & well.

:wavey2:

Cheers ..JN..

Cosmicvandal

Yeah we are all good and well here,,,But talking to a few people i know round the area,, there is still way too much water just lying around,,

I just happen to be talking to a friend on the UHF radio and where he works up in the hills,,(sawmill) there is STILL 5ML of water in the pit,,

Lots of roads still closed,,,but we are able to move around reasonably easily with some minor delays and detours,

The Sale to Longford road is still closed,,,and the construction of the new road between them has been delayed once again due to flooding or bad weather, It should have been finished about a year ago,,But it is moving along bit by bit,

It has been a bit of a godsend in one way,, The rabbit population has been knocked down to record LOW numbers, and just to help with that a few of us have been bumping off the ones that were stranded on little islands or sections of roads that had become dead ends,,Some of them were starved or half dead through being wet, so we saw it as a humane thing to do,

Overall,,,we got away with this one fairly lightly, Although there are some Caravan Parks that did NOT fair so well,

That aside ,,,all good

Dataman

Cosmicvandal

Thanks "D,man" Hope all is well your way too,

Dataman

Quote from: Cosmicvandal on June 18, 2012, 01:47:27 AM
Thanks "D,man" Hope all is well your way too,

Too hot to crunch here. 102F yesterday. I had a PSU give it's last full measure of life. I now can prove that one cannot run an i7 970 with 12 gig RAM and two GTX 570's on an old 500w power supply with 5k hours on it.  biggrin :cry2: I put a 850W in it and it is back up.
Send me your excess water  as we need it here.
Cheers.
:aus1:

Cosmicvandal

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! No probs mate,,,,,Ill just teleport it to ya!!! as i dont think it will work to well over email or skype.

:sg1:

Dataman

I was thinking of a looong siphon hose.  :rofl:

Cosmicvandal

Nah,,,I dont think that would work either,,,,  :-\

Last i checked, You need to have the supply higher than the delivery, AND with the issue of the Hemispherical rotational effect , We may have somewhat of a problem with that!

Arent we here in Aus Upside down and on the lower half of the world?,     ::)   

:rofl:     

LawryB

As an email attachment perhaps??  biggrin

Cosmicvandal

I wonder how UPS would feel about large numbers of packages filled with water,,,,,or the US customs?      :furious:

Dataman

:rofl:
Gravity is an illusion ... the earth just sucks.  :jester:

Cosmicvandal

Bashhead   So i'm just imagining that i cant fly?