News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Testing of BOINC version of theSkyNet

Started by Dingo, August 04, 2012, 12:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I am one of the testers for theSkyNet in BOINC which is being conducted now.  There is no credit for the testing but I like being a Alpha Tester especially for this first Australian BOINC project. 

They do not have any vacancies for more testers during this Alpha stage but I will be sending out an email to the Team when it comes to "Volume Testing" of the project sometime in the future.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Mike Mitchell

AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

JugNut

Cool can't wait.   :thumbsup:

Mmm, I may be getting ahead of myself a little (or maybe alot) "but" any chance of SkyNet GPU maybe? err one day?

Now that would be something I could really get my teeth into (what's left of em' ) dang sweet tooth.. ;D

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Dingo

Quote from: JugNut on August 04, 2012, 01:44:11 AM
Cool can't wait.   :thumbsup:

Mmm, I may be getting ahead of myself a little (or maybe alot) "but" any chance of SkyNet GPU maybe? err one day?

Now that would be something I could really get my teeth into (what's left of em' ) dang sweet tooth.. ;D

It is very early days and they will just be trying to get the system to work first with CPU.  At the moment I have not had any validated, I have had a couple "Deleted by the server" It is minimum quorum   2
initial replication   3 for work units and only about 40 users so it is taking a while.  The work units currently run between 2 and 15 hours. 

EDIT While I was typing this I got three validated.  They have an average of 3.23 credits per hour, but the credits will not go anywhere.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

JugNut

Thanks Dingo, I thought that might be the case. (but It was nice to dream)

Thanks for keeping us informed..

My personal stat's

Dingo

The project is now open for more users now in Beta stage.  If you would like to test this first Australian BOINC project please use the url below in BOINC and join the Team.  Task run about 10- 17 hours and credits are changed to about 26 credits per task per hour.

http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

On it, thanks for the email.  :thumbsup:
Great to finally have an Aussie BOINC project. :dance:

JugNut

My personal stat's

tazzduke

Okay jumped onboard with this project, but wouldnt you know it, NRG decide to release a reasonable amount of Workunits, also having a bit of fun with the NFS challenge as well, so I got one workunit crunching at the moment.

AusTerror has jumped onboard with the NFS challenge as well as kingdad66, which is good to see.

Seti challenge is going well, albeit my pendings are increasing by the minute

After cleared out the workcache and the NFS challenge has finished will get a bit more crunching happening, till then

Happy Crunching
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dataman

kashi

That's because my computer has hoovered up 20,000 galaxies like a gigantic black hole. biggrin

I guess an influx of new contributors has exhausted the work that was provided. It's a very new project so the admin possibly has to get used to not letting the hopper go dry with more contributors to feed. Or perhaps he wants to check the batch to see if everything is running correctly before releasing more. It's 1.25AM now in Perth, I noticed he posted on the forum last weekend in the afternoon, so hopefully there will be some work within the next day.

I was a little miffed myself after I cleared the decks a bit to go to town and then found there were no tasks left. Although I don't need many as they take 10-12 hours each on my computer. I've still got 11 tasks in my cache so am OK for a while. I completed 7 with no troubles, real smooth crunching and low memory usage. :thumbsup:

Even had one validated so I'm on the board. v:

Go, go theSkyNet POGS.:yahoo:

LawryB

This is good, everything works.  Picked up 20 WUs just after midnight.   :aus1: at LAST!!!!!!

JugNut

:cheer1: "Yea"  1st points.   409 of the little  beauties for one validated WU .  :cheer1:

v:

Makes me 3rd in team by the chart at Skynet. After Dingo & Kashi..

http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/team_members.php?teamid=6&offset=0&sort_by=total_credit

err I hope that link works without you having to log-in first? Anyone?

My personal stat's

Dingo

Most of the tasks I did in the beginning only granted 3 credits per hour so won't take long to overtake me.  Not much work around on the project, had a lot of new users and they must have gotten a lot of tasks.   Kevin, the Project Developer has been very good at answering messages on the Message board and should let us know when the next galaxies will be ready.

Radioactive@home graph