News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Need more Team crunching power

Started by Dingo, October 08, 2012, 02:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

@ Pete:  No worries buddy just take care and I hope all goes well.  You will be a new man when they unclog you  :cheers:

@ Dataman:  We have a two tiered Health system.  It is free if you do not take out Private Health Insurance, but you have to wait for years for operations.  If you do take out Private then you are looked after straight away as there are Private Hospitals.   I had to wait two years for a Colonoscopy, lucky that they didn't find too much.  I do not have Private as it is just too much for me at my age with the age penalty joining late.    Hope all goes well with your eyes  :thumbsup:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

veebee

Mind you, when you HAVE private health insurance, even "Top Cover", you usually end up with a huge gap to pay ANYWAY... the only way pout of THAT, is to go to the INSURANCE Company's selected Doctors.. not one of your own choice... just found that out with my partner total knee replacement..

I pay around $120 a fortnight for top cover for the family, and we still had to fork out $2500+ to the surgeon himself, and just over $2000 to the anesthetist ... plus some medications expenses etc...  private health insurance is a joke.

Dingo

Better than waiting for a few years in pain I think. I would pay it if I could because I am getting older and will need it sooner o later.  Need to win the lottery or something.

I just did a quote for myself with full cover as a single and it came out to 14 % of my income so I can't afford it.  It's hell to be poor and not able to work.

Your quote
$114.76*
/fortnight
* Price for customers eligible for 30% Australian Government Rebate and nil Lifetime Health Cover Loading. Rebate levels vary from 0% to 40%.

I think I am eligible to both the discounts because of low income.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Cruncher Pete

I know that we are off topic here as far as health insurance is concerned but I might as well add my two cents worth.  Like Dingo I did not have to worry about Health Insurance for the Army was covering it whilst I was in the service.  When I got out, I did not see the need for Private cover hence I accrued years and years of uncovered insurance.  Eventually I joined not for my sake but for my wife for I heard the years of wait for surgery in the public system,  As  a result, we are paying over$ 400.00 a month for private cover.  Yet, I had no problem when I was admitted to a local public hospital as an Emergency patient with severe pain in my groin which turned out to be a hernia and I was operated on the next day and I have to admit they did a wonderful job.  The next time I spent 10 days in the same hospital with my heart problem they also provided excellent care, however, they have noticed that I also had private insurance and asked me do I mind if they change my status from public to private as it will not cost me anything but the hospital will be able get some extra funds from the system as I am a private patient.  So it is a joke,  I am paying over $400.00 a month and weather you are public or private somebody will take advantage of it.  The care to me did not change...Tomorrow, I have to pay $200.00 up front  called an Out of Pucket Expence before I am admitted and I might only stay for a few hours but will be admitted all the same weather for one hour or 24 the charge is the same. It is a sick joke...

Dataman

Thanks for the kind words mates. I'll be OK. As Karen says, she is sure everything will be OK as she ain't going to be my seeing-eye bitch.  biggrin
:AUS: :USA1 :uk

LawryB

Hmmmm!  leather  collar with studs, silk lead ,  Oh geez - enough enough   :wink

Dataman

Dataman

I don't pretend to understand much of this but the scientists seem to be excited.
http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/
Keep on crunching.

:AUS: :USA1 :uk

tazzduke

:dance2:  :dance2:  :dance2:

Three cheers  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to all members who kicked on with POGS after the AA, as of latest update, we are NUMBER 1

Well done team

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant