News:

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, October 09, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I returned my first task from my phone tonight.  It is not validated yet but fingers crossed.  http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/show_host_detail.php?hostid=7644

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dingo

My first task returned from my phone on POGS has not validated "Completed, marked as invalid" 

I have one more waiting for validation and another processing but have stopped getting work as if they do not validate it is a waist of time.    :hbang:

http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/workunit.php?wuid=1789090

http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/results.php?hostid=7644

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

dcarrion87

OK this is just weird. I just checked the output differences on the server for the one pending validation and the results your phone uploaded contain NaN values. E.g. One section:

11793,11902c11793,11902
<  -7.950E+000         NaN
<  -7.850E+000         NaN
<  -7.750E+000         NaN
---
>  -7.950E+000  1.847E-004
>  -7.850E+000  1.550E-004
>  -7.750E+000  3.134E-004

I agree that you should stop now. I'm curious as to what the went wrong and why that came through as not a number. That would require debugging on the phone that I don't think you would appreciate doing. I'm guessing it's something to do with Floating Point processor on board...Or maybe to do with Android version. So hard to tell. Weird! I'm going to have to keep an eye on those ones.

Dingo

OK I aborted the one that was running and uninstalled Native Boinc.  Too much trouble to BOINC on a phone.  Thanks for the help  :thumbsup:

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

POGS has a new web site and more changes.  The new web page is http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/ and that is also what you use in BOINC so, When you have no work left, I would remove POGS from BOINC and then re attach using the new URL.

Radioactive@home graph

Mike Mitchell

AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Dingo

If you have BOINC POGS credit you should go to the test site and log in with your BOINC email and password.  I think that is all that is needed but I am not sure if you also need to register for the Non BOINC site as I was already registered there when I joined the credits together.  If you have both the BOINC and non BOINC accounts you will need to make sure that both accounts have the same email address for the credits to be matched..  

Why I say you should do this as it will add your credits to the credits for the Team on the new site that is being tested.  http://production-test.theskynet.org/

Radioactive@home graph

tazzduke

Good Morning All

Thanks for the update Dingo, doing a fabulous job. 

When I logged in at the test site, I wondered why my trophy had changed, then I had a look around the new site and saw the answer staring in my face lol.

Have a good day all

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dingo

Quote from: tazzduke on July 25, 2013, 07:20:12 AM
Good Morning All

Thanks for the update Dingo, doing a fabulous job. 

When I logged in at the test site, I wondered why my trophy had changed, then I had a look around the new site and saw the answer staring in my face lol.

Have a good day all

Regards
Tazzduke

Yes both the credits are joined at the new site which also increases your rank and the Team rank.  The Team is fifth in the World on the new site because not all the BOINC credit is moved over as yet to the Alliance total.

Radioactive@home graph

JugNut

I logged into the new site Ok but it seems a little slow or maybe still a tad buggy.(it is still in alpha after all)  It took quite some time for my details to appear. (a minute or so maybe)

One thing I noticed is the site says I have no trophies, fair enough since I didn't crunch for the original theSkeynet & the integration is still an ongoing thing.  But it does say...
--------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL CREDIT EARNED:
AVERAGE DAILY CREDIT
YOUR RANK

Latest Achievement:
You haven't won any trophies yet

3,840,000 18%                 5,624,690
You only have 1,459,899 credits to go until the your next trophy
------------------------------------------------------
Does this mean I will get my first trophie @ 5,624,690 ?  Does anyone know if trophies will be back dated for work done? or do trophies start for others like myself from now? To be honest it's not a big deal  for me, just interested that's all

Also in Boinc i'm 22nd in the world but now i'm 51st overall.  I guess many others may have gone down in ranks as well as some that have gone up?

Also my Alliance says "Flying Solo" & not Boinc@ Australia

Early days I guess just wondering out loud.

Crunch-on.. JN

EDIT: Well i'll be?  I logged back in to have another look around & I now have trophies?   So all things come to those who err log-in a second time. :wink   Do I need to join B@A again as an Alliance?  I'm still "Flying Solo"

dcarrion87

I'd have a look around at http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_forum.php?id=11. Alex is monitoring and responding to queries quite actively.

Regarding the team thing, I think you need to rejoin BOINC@Australia alliance via that new interface...At least that's what I had to do.

JugNut

Thanks Daniel,  i'll give that link a sticky beak also.

EDIT: Yep all is answered at that POGS forum link.  To answer my own questions..

-------
Quote:
Boinc members are only added to the database when they log into the site for the first time. Why it takes time the first time.
------

And Boinc members must join the B@A Alliance for the team to get credit, even when already a member in boinc.  As per Daniels & Dingos earlier post.

Well i'm now officially up to speed.   Sheesh don't read a forum for a week & a lot can change.  :pcwhack:  Not to worry.

Crunch-on JN

Dingo

We are all learning when it comes to the new site.  It does however load pretty fast for me, maybe 2 seconds.

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

I see on the new site that we are now, as we should be #1 in the Alliances.  http://production-test.theskynet.org/alliances?locale=en   :congrats :congrats :cheer1:

Radioactive@home graph

JugNut

Woo Hoo...  Great news dingo.  :cheers:

:oz: