News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, October 09, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Received this email when I was out of internet on the road.  The Team has been merged and we are shown as the #1 Team.

Hey Dingo,

As you may be aware we are merging theSkyNet Alliance system with the BOINC Team system. As a leader in our community we are endeavouring to keep you informed.

Your Alliance, "BOINC@AUSTRALIA" appears to be a duplicate (see old  and new ). Early next week (2nd of December) we plan to merge the systems. When that happens both your alliances will merge (users and all credit) and you will remain the leader. Please note that backdated credit will only apply to theSkyNet, not BOINC, as we have no way of manually assigning credit in BOINC.

One issue that we foresee is any user who is currently in your alliance who is NOT a member of POGS will need to manually re-join your alliance and join POGS, I will be emailing each user who is in this situation.

If you have any questions or if you do not wish for the above alliances to be merged, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards
--
Alex Beckley
Web Developer for theSkyNet

ICRAR: Discovering the hidden Universe through radio

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

WikiWill

Those guys know how to run a project.  Good work.

And yay for #1!  :cheer1:

JugNut

Yep you got to give them credit for trying.  :thumbsup:    Now if only some of the other projects would follow there lead we'd be in business.

Mysteron347

Pierre is still creeping up on us....

JugNut

As some may already know POGS has ran dry of work.  Difficulty with maintenance during the break now mean there may be no work until thursday 30th 23rd Jan. (3 more days)

Quote from Kevin

Message 1947 - Posted: 20 Jan 2014, 2:37:51 UTC - in response to Message 1938.
The maintenance is taking longer than expected - we might not be ready until Thursday

http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=327

Mysteron347

Um, but today's the 20th. Well, 21st in lesser parts of the country - 30th is um, Thursday week.... :shock

JugNut

Quote from: Mysteron347 on January 21, 2014, 01:25:59 AM
Um, but today's the 20th. Well, 21st in lesser parts of the country - 30th is um, Thursday week.... :shock
It's possible I read the calendar while half asleep & also through one bleary eye that was half shut at the time.  biggrin  Well that's my excuse & i'm sticking to it. :wink
Yea next Thursday..    Thanks for the heads up mate..

JugNut

*LOL* It appears as if Kevin's calendar works stranger than mine as WU's are now flowing again ahead of schedule.  crunch, crunch, crunch... :crazy

Mysteron347

With the current trend, Pierre will catch us in about 3 days... :shock

kashi

Sacré bleu!
OK, switching over now. With a 7 day challenge starting tomorrow it may not help much but every little counts. :thumbsup:

Dingo

I have everything I have on POGS now, but not doing too well on the road. Looks like Pogs is the favourite so far in the Poll as well.  biggrin

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

JugNut

After a small excursion to try a new Primaboinca app, i'm back at POGS full on also.  Albeit minus one rig that passed away a couple of days ago through a blown power supply.  :cry2:

If we are to have any hope of holding POGS at all then it's all hands on deck...  Even then it's not looking good, but it's not the ozzie way to give up without a fight, is it?  Lock & load those core's & prepare to eat lots of frogs legs.   biggrin

If you got em' crunch em'.    :oz:

PS @ Dingo:  Could you please put the team into the "Galileo Galilei - 450 anniversary of the birth" POGS challenge.  We may as well be part of the action.

Dingo

Joined the Challenge, haven't been to the boincstats site for a while, have to put it on a list of websites to visit while I am on the road.  I hope all or most of the Team contribute to the AA  :rocks

I also joined the "Examine a Galaxay not so far ..far away challenge" at POGS that is one during the AA.

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

Thanks Dingo. :thumbsup:

Well team has zoomed up from 20th to 15th already, corker :jester:

SETI.USA are going to town, over 9 million in less than a day.  :boom:

The Italians in BOINC.Italy are crunching furiously too in support of Galileo's birthday.

Anyone who wants to check it out, links are below:

Galileo Galilei - 450 anniversary of the birth

See full Team stats on credits or position

See full User stats on credits or position

JugNut