News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, October 09, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil G

The thought of another team taking our place as #1 is not a happy one......is about time to switch my 12 cores to POGS as soon as other work finishes.  I sure hope POGS starts working on ANDROID LOLLIPOP soon as it would increase my crunching by another 4 cores!!    :jester:

Dingo

Looks like there is a Challenge starting on the 01 Feb on POGS.   https://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=529#3726

POGS seems to be the in project at the moment as our French friends have ramped up there output as well to mpore than double our current and look like overtaking in about 90 days at this rate.

Lets hope that a bunch of Team crunchers join the AA this time, which has not been happening on the last few AA's.  Currently we have 323 members attached to POGS and 102 had credit yesterday, acording to BoincStats.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

tazzduke

Greetings All

I will be switching over all 12 cores (might pass on the GPU AA) once I have emptied my cache on the 3 computers. 

Then I gonna hit it for the whole of MARCH, yeah how about a month long AA, there is always a first time for everything lol

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

daveandton

thanks Jugnut. Fixed. Alsogave you one. Noy The Minus
Dave

JugNut

Quote from: Dingo on February 21, 2015, 11:01:26 AM
Looks like there is a Challenge starting on the 01 Feb on POGS.   https://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=529#3726

POGS seems to be the in project at the moment as our French friends have ramped up there output as well...................

Eeek!! That's not good news Dingo.  That's shaping up to be a big event with lots of big hitters involved.  Looks like I may be moving back to POGS earlier than I had planned as well.

It looks like it's all hands on deck  if we are to hang on to our top spot that we have worked so hard to get.
This is perfect timing for a POGS based AA. Hopefully there are still many people to come that will start running POGS at AA time. But some how I think we will still have our work cut out for us.   

That said i'm glad to see Joe90 has joined the team which is also perfect timing. Go Joe go!!!   :cheer1:

:rocks

@ Dave:  Thanks.

Dingo

I added a Team forum page to the POGS website for members of the Team only.  https://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_forum.php?id=20

Of course this does not stop someone joining POGS and the Team from another team with a bogus name and looking at it.  Just thought that some members that do not read the email or are not members of the forum might see it.  v:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dingo

Message from POGS:    (It's already Sunday in Australia and still 260,000 tasks to run)

QuoteNews

Run out of Galaxies
We'll run out of Galaxies over the weekend.

Next week we'll:

load new data using Pan-STARRS and SDSS
start using the stellar libraries with the 2003 version of the Bruzual & Charlot models
release the new Android code
switch to the latest wrapper code

Radioactive@home graph

daveandton

Looks like they are up and running again boys and girls. I assume it would be nice to keep our première top spot
Dave   :thumbsup:

Dingo

POGS is back up and running but there seems to be a problem with the Android users.  See the front page of POGS for more details.   I am switching over to POGS 100% as it will be a popular project again and I want to try and keep our #1 spot.

Crunch on brothers and sisters and remember  :rocks

Radioactive@home graph

dcarrion87

I'll be slamming out WUs there as well. :)

I've managed to get my hands on a 20 core machine and a couple i7s

Dingo

Quote from: Daniel Carrion on April 29, 2015, 02:39:34 PM
I'll be slamming out WUs there as well. :)

Great we need as much CPU power we can get to stay #1.

Radioactive@home graph

jave808

A 20-core? Hmmmm... do tell...  :drool:
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

daveandton

Love your work guys. Only got 2 machines with 12 cores but hey love the team effort,
Dave

:rocks :rocks

Mike Mitchell

Hmm, would love to have one like that. Well done Daniel.  :AUS:
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Dingo

Just in case you don't monitor the projects.  Pogs has been out of work for a few days but if you have been crunching POGS please leave it as an open project for when they come back.. :rocks

Radioactive@home graph