News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, October 09, 2012, 11:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Yes I have had a steady load of POGS on all my CPU's this year.  There never seems to be many in the server_status but they must add them regularly as I have not run out.  I do have POGS set to download three dats work though.

Keep on crunching POGS if possable with any spare CPU's so we can keep our #1 position.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Neil G

I've got 6 CPUs crunching POGS, but sure wish they'd support NVIDIA GPUs to increase my throughput on the project.   :hbang:

Cruncher Pete

Quote from: Dingo on January 08, 2016, 02:35:37 PM
Yes I have had a steady load of POGS on all my CPU's this year.  There never seems to be many in the server_status but they must add them regularly as I have not run out.  I do have POGS set to download three dats work though.

Keep on crunching POGS if possable with any spare CPU's so we can keep our #1 position.

I hear the call Dingo.  Changing all my rigs to POGS for awhile...

Keep on crunching and have a nice day...

Dingo

Quote from: Neil G on January 10, 2016, 09:58:50 AM
I've got 6 CPUs crunching POGS, but sure wish they'd support NVIDIA GPUs to increase my throughput on the project.   :hbang:

As soon as POGS supports GPU's we will lose our #1 position na dslide down from then on.   The Team was up near the top of the world rankings over all projects, 9th I think, before GPU processing started.  we are now 47th in the world overall and that is still good.  The big more agressive Teams beat us out when it comes to GPU's.

We can try to hold on as long as we can though, and I will not go down without trying.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Neil G

Never thought of that aspect.  Am going to add 2 more CPUs to POGS as soon as the WUs on another project are complete.  Cheers!!

Neil G

Am finishing off the WUs on Uncovering Genome Mysteries (World Community Grid), and switching all my CPUs,(24), over to POGS in hopes that work will be available there for the AA!  Best and Cheers to All.... :AUS: :can

Hurricane

Same here, finishing the Crack Nazi Codes Challenge. And the rest of the long Einstein cpu wu's from the challenge to.
https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

Mysteron347

Sigh - out of work again and no apparent comment from those in charge on the project forum. Notice Jugnut posted an as-yet-unresponded-to comment.

Should I go up and have a little word with this Kevin geezer?

Dingo

They will have work when they have it.  I think they are having problems getting the images  :bloodshot

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

Radioactive@home graph

Dataman

Mysteron347

Smaller states - other dates...

chooka03

I went to the Think Inc event here in Brisbane with my dad a couple of years ago to see Michio Kaku. It was a pretty awesome night!
I wonder how that night went in Perth.

chooka03

Kashi - That DUEL Xeon of yours is AWESOME for POGS  :shock
:faint:
:oz:

Dingo

It is sad to say but in less than 112 days we will lose our #1 position in the world.  :cry  Gridcoin is now crunching up a storm and producing 2,289,186 credits per day compared to our 434,164.  :holy-moly   It was good while it lasted but even I know when I am beaten.  We llok like we will be able to hang onto 2nd place as L'Alliance Francophone is a couple of hundred thousand behind us and we are out crunching them at the moment.  They are a huge team as well and may give us a nudge in the future.

Thanks to all the Team members who have persisted on POGS and kept us as the #1 team in the word, well done.  :worship :worship

Radioactive@home graph