News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Updates

Started by LawryB, December 26, 2011, 05:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawryB

Credit for this Project has been doubled for an unklnown time.  The Sysop blames Santa.  Getting 16,000 credits per work unit using my 58xx and 59xx ATI GPUs

Edit: Spelling correction

tazzduke

Morning LawryB

Well at least you are getting workunits to crunch, I have had only two in the last 24hrs, normally I have a good feed coming in, so who knows what is happening.  I run an HD 5850 and have my work cache set to 5 days, I did try it at 10 days and still nothing

Oh well, Santa Claus only comes once a year, I am grateful that for what I have received.

Regards and Happy Crunching
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

LawryB

Hey there Tazzduke

Running my 5850 on a quad Q660.  Got  the Network Usage on 2 days and buffer at 0.25. (Get 20 or so WUs every connection)
Using all 4 cores but have a Moo Wrapper profile set to use only core 3.
Also using afterburner with core set to 735 and Memory to 935 (lowest I can get).
Knocks over a WU in just above 2000 seconds (35 mins wall clock) for credit of between 16.5K and 17.5K or 34K in just over an hour.  ;D

I had a problem earlier getting WUs (something about processor set to 100% but computer on on for 60% or the time etc).   Did a reset of Moo restarted BOINC and all was OK

Cheers Mate

kashi

If you're running BOINC 7.0.2 for Albert@Home and/or POEM ATI, this may be causing the work fetch issues with Moo!

I haven't checked the Moo! forums but some projects are incompatible with these beta BOINC versions. I think this incompatibility can cause invalid results on some projects and prevent work fetch on others.

I'm using BOINC 7.0.3 currently to support POEM ATI and work fetch is a pain. It won't get any POEM gpucrystal tasks until cache runs dry and then will only download 33 with the cache set to max 10 days. That only lasts me about 9 hours. Each batch the credit rate goes lower as CreditNew kicks in. Eventually it will get so low that GPU efficiency will not be fairly rewarded and it won't be worth running power hungry GPUs. Such is the nature of CreditPoo.;D

tazzduke

Greetings kashi and LawryB

Thanks for the replies, sadly I am running Boinc 7.0.3 with Catalyst 11.12 and pumping out the POEM GPU, Seti Beta GPU (gotta clear the workcache of this one).  Oh well maybe next time.

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

LawryB

Well that was nice while it lasted  ;D

Now only getting 1 WU at a time on all my machines (not running anything else GPU or CPU on them).  That is, when I can get a WU at all.  I have not changed anything on my PCs since Xmas so I am bemused at dropping from 200 to 1 WU when I try to download. 

6/01/2012 9:31:14 AM | Moo! Wrapper | Requesting new tasks for ATI GPU
6/01/2012 9:31:18 AM | Moo! Wrapper | Scheduler request completed: got 0 new tasks
6/01/2012 9:31:18 AM | Moo! Wrapper | No tasks sent
6/01/2012 9:31:18 AM | Moo! Wrapper | Tasks for CPU are available, but your preferences are set to not accept them

is the most common response I get from a request for new work.

Credit has gone A over P as well as I am now getting 2000 to 3000 credits per WU on all my machines.

Bugger  :cry2:

Dingo

I still sem to be getting the same amount of work, at least I haven't noticed it going down and I still have a heap of moo waiting to process.  On my duel AMD ATI Radeon HD 5800 series (Cypress) (1024MB) driver: 1.4.1646 I am getting about 20744 credits per hour, and that is for both GPU's.  I am getting about 2428 credits per hour for a single NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 (896MB) driver: 285.62.

Still a great credit rate  :cheer1:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dingo

I see the change in credit coming in now and there is a post on their forum.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

LawryB

"Pensioner moment" I think.  My figures are the same of yours Dingo.   Read the wrong column I guess.   Still only getting 1 WU at a time but that is OK considering the system is overloaded thanks to the "Santa" bonus.   Should settle down now that Millky Way is back online.

veebee

Just checked all my recent "valid" WU's and am still getting 7 - 8 K per WU.

Some of them, on the machine with the 6950 are getting 11 - 12 K each.

JugNut

Well Moo's been down for at least 35hrs & still no word.  Anyone else heard anything?

EDIT: As of around 6pm there back up. (for now) 

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dingo

I started to crunch Moo again and the credit is good but no Badges for those that collect them.

My recent credit per hour is between 18165.1376146789 and 44148.50299401198  depending on the work ubit.  There seeems to be two types one that runs about 500 seconds and another that runs about 1200 to 1300 seconds on my 1080Ti do two tasks at a time.

:rocks

Radioactive@home graph