News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update - FREEHAL Down

Started by JugNut, April 09, 2013, 04:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

I noticed they had gone down a few days ago, no biggie I thought, happens quite a bit lately. But...

QUOTE: from FREEHAL@HOME home page..
---------------------------------------------------------
"Server Maintenance
On Sunday, April 7, a database server crash resulted in an unexpected downtime of our servers. We are in contact with our server donors and are trying to find a solution and recover the data. In the meantime, there is unfortunately no way to access Freehal@home in any way. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause."
--------------------------------------------------------

Oh well, they were only giving one WU per machine at a time anyway so not many crunchers will be affected, credit wise at least.  With the  recent allegations of cheating by the Admin about a few crunchers,  buggy servers, the seizure of there servers last year and & before that the DOS attacks, it seems they can't get a break.   Pity, it is a great project.  Hopefully will be again.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Mike Mitchell

Quote from: JugNut on April 09, 2013, 04:18:42 PM
With the  recent allegations of cheating by the Admin about a few crunchers,  buggy servers, the seizure of there servers last year and & before that the DOS attacks, it seems they can't get a break.

That's for sure. Hopefully the project will be up and running in a few days.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti