News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by dyeman, July 29, 2013, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurricane

Good work dyeman. :thumbsup: +1. I use to crunch Folding@home on my PlayStation 3 until it died. They stopped supporting the PS3 a bit after that.
https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

tazzduke

Good work Dyeman, congrats on your achievement.

Thanks Dingo for the update, I have put 5 GPU's onto this project for the next couple of days. 

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dingo

tazzduke:  You jumped two places on the Team ladder today.  Well done.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dingo

A shout out to dyeman and MAGPIE for keeping the Team current in the non BOINC Folding@Home.  Great job  :congrats :congrats  :congrats01

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dingo

Dyeman continues to leead the Team on this non BOINC project but a few new players in tha lst while have joined him on this project.  You can definately see the results of modern computers and GPU's over older ones when you look at Magpie who with returning 82 tasks overtook my 5th position that I did 860 tasks back in the day to complete.

Well done to all the members crunching BOINC and Non BOINC projects.

v: :rocks v:

Radioactive@home graph

MAGPIE

Quote from: Dingo on September 16, 2018, 11:48:22 AMYou can definately see the results of modern computers and GPU's over older ones when you look at Magpie who with returning 82 tasks overtook my 5th position that I did 860 tasks back in the day to complete.

I am at a loss of what to say to this :thumbdown:

Dingo

It was not directed at you just a comment on what has happened to computers.  I have been running Folding@Home for a long time on and off and I was just saying tthat the computers 10 years ago till up to say 5 years ago you needed to do a lot of tasks as their CPU power was not as good as todays.

Radioactive@home graph

Daniel

An update on Folding@home's efforts to assist researchers in the fight against COVID-19 ...

https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/10/covid19-update/

tazzduke

Greetings

Thankyou for the update Daniel, also been struggling to get any work on my GPU's at the moment, they have had an influx of new crunchers and so demand is outstripping supply.

GPU's in standby at the moment.

Cheers

AA 24 - 53 participant

Mike Mitchell

I read the article but I feel a little dumber than when I started. 🤦‍♀️ Are they actually working on COVID-19 or bits that might help others with their research?
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Daniel

Hi Mike,

They've posted some more information on their website ...

Coronavirus – What we're doing and how you can help in simple terms
https://foldingathome.org/2020/03/15/coronavirus-what-were-doing-and-how-you-can-help-in-simple-terms/

I was planning on joining today.
:greet

Dataman

I joined today as I have never run it. I put it on my 5 best servers. Do not forget to join B@A team. The team number is 43781. So far I managed to get work on all five but only one got a full complement of CPU & GPU's. Their servers are rather stressed with all the new members. It is quite a bit different than BOINC so I am still trying figure it out.

:pcwhack:

EDIT: Does anyone know if there is a way schedule the time of day it runs?

Dingo

Quote from: Dataman on March 17, 2020, 08:59:04 AM
I joined today as I have never run it. I put it on my 5 best servers. Do not forget to join B@A team. The team number is 43781. So far I managed to get work on all five but only one got a full complement of CPU & GPU's. Their servers are rather stressed with all the new members. It is quite a bit different than BOINC so I am still trying figure it out.

:pcwhack:

EDIT: Does anyone know if there is a way schedule the time of day it runs?

I have never looked for this but did a google search and found:

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9059

For Windows

Create a file in notepad called stop_folding.cmd
insert into this file:
pskill -t FAHClient.exe
save the file

create another file called start_folding.cmd
insert into the file
psexec "path to the folder\FAHClient\FAHClient.exe"   usually    psexec "C:\Program Files (x86)\FAHClient\FAHClient.exe"

Now you need to schedule the tasks.  Use this as a guide and create two tasks, 1. for the start and 1. for the stop

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-create-automated-task-using-task-scheduler-windows-10

Linux

****  I have not tried this but have seen posts where it is supposed to work ??

you can create a file in /etc/cron.d called fah-start

insert the following into the file

# SHELL=/bin/sh
# PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:
# HOME=/
# run  custom script at five minutes past 11pm every day.
5 23 * * *  root /etc/init.d/FAHClient start

Change the file to be run as a script   chmod 755 fah-start

create another file in /etc/cron.d called fah-stop

insert the following into the file

# SHELL=/bin/sh
# PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:
# HOME=/
# run  custom script to stop FAH at five minutes past 5am every day.
5 5 * * *  root /etc/init.d/FAHClient stop

Change the file to be run as a script   chmod 755 fah-stop

Table 1. Field names and values for the UNIX cron format
Field name   Allowed values
minute              0-59
hour                      0-23
day of month      1-31
month                  1-12, where 1 is January, 2 is February, and so on. Uppercase, lowercase and mixed-case three character strings, based on the English name of the month. For example: jan, feb, mar, apr, may, jun, jul, aug, sep, oct, nov, or dec.
day of week      0-7, where 0 or 7 is Sunday, 1 is Monday, and so on.  Uppercase, and lowercase or mixed-case three character strings, based on the English name of the day: mon, tue, wed, thu, fri, sat, or sun.

Radioactive@home graph

tazzduke

Greetings All

Just threw my GPU's onto it, as the weather is cooled off a bit here in Perth.

Got some CPU's doing WCG.

Work is slowly filtering through.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant