News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by dyeman, July 29, 2013, 09:52:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

I received 39 wu's yesterday. Not exactly a bonanza but much better than the day before.

v:

Dataman

29 wu's yesterday. Most of them come at night and very few (or none) during the day (my time zone).

:greet

jave808

Subject says it all really.

Anyone crunching Folding@home for COVID-19?

See link here - https://foldingathome.org/covid19/
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

Dataman

Dataman

Only 18 wu's yesterday. I did move up to 10th position on our team. Look out Tazz, I am coming for ya ...  :jester:

EDIT: ... and we gained one team position (180).

Mysteron347

Rosetta also appears to be sending out corona units...

chooka03

tazzduke

Hahahaha Dataman, its okay, all for a good cause, but excellent work though.

Have not been able to get a supply of workunits, so have parked my GPU's up for the time being.

Most likely they will be used on GPUGRID next though.

Cheers

AA 24 - 53 participant

jave808

Quote from: Mysteron347 on March 27, 2020, 01:13:09 AM
Rosetta also appears to be sending out corona units...

Are they still sending out coronavirus work?
PC1: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @3.4GHz, 128GB DDR4, RTX3070, RTX3060, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit
PC2: Lenovo M700 SFF, Intel i5-6400 @2.7GHz, 16GB DDR3, Intel graphics, Linux Mint 21.2 64-bit

Daniel

I got a few workunits related to COVID-19 from Rosetta@Home today.

Like this one ...
2rm6nh4g_jhr_design1_COVID-19_SAVE_ALL_OUT_903675_1

tazzduke

Greetings All

Anyone still crunching or has the supply dried up again.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

Daniel

Hi tazzduke,

I'm still crunching Folding@home GPU workunits on 2 of my computers.
Both computers have tasks in progress at the moment.

tazzduke

Hi Daniel

Thankyou, I have just turned on my 4 GPUs again, and they managed to grab a workunit each, so for the time being I am going to run this for a few days, if its periodical, means the power bill wont be to bad lol.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

Daniel

I was just reading that Folding@home has released a new version of their client software (v7.6.9).

QuoteIn response to popular demand, we have created an update to the Folding@home software that allows you to prioritize COVID-19 projects. We encourage you to upgrade as the new software includes important bug fixes and security updates.

The full article, by Greg Bowman is here ...
https://foldingathome.org/2020/04/17/new-foldinghome-software-with-the-option-to-prioritize-covid-19-projects/

I will try installing it on my computers later today.

tazzduke

Greetings All

Last night I upgraded to the latest version, did a reboot (found this little bit of info in the Folding@Home Forums) and started up all good.

But I would wait till you have completed your workunits just to be on the safe side (yep thats the BOINC coming out in me lol)

Cheers

AA 24 - 53 participant