News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, August 07, 2013, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I tried a couple of work units but the first one has finished with an error so only attach at this time if you want to Beta test problems.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dingo

I tried a few more and am getting a 33% error rate as 2 out of 6 had an error.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

tazzduke

Greetings Dingo

I have attached to this project, I have completed 1 successfully, I have 6 more in the cache, but I have not completed those as yet, willl advise.

Also with this project you cannot max out your workcache, I think they are on the principle of a max or 2 per core at any one time, like LHC, Rioja Science and some other Projects.

I dont mind as I like small caches, except if I am doing AP at Seti lol.

Regards
Tazzduke

PS>  I am a WIN7 X64 SP1 box running BOINC 7.2.65 X64 on a QUAD 8400 CPU.  I am only running 3 cpu cores, as I have left one free due ATI GPU OPENCL crunching.

AA 24 - 53 participant

kashi

BOINC 7.2.65, where did you download that from? Staying ahead of the pack there, I just updated to 7.2.10 which came out earlier today.

tazzduke

Greetings all

Nil errors on Convector, so far.

Here is the link http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=8378

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

kashi

My apologies, I didn't realise x.x.65 comes before x.x.10. Silly me. :blush1:

Was 7.2.65 withdrawn and that's why you've now reverted to 7.2.5? That would explain why I couldn't find 7.2.65 anywhere.

Dingo

I ended up with 3 out of 11 that had an error.  Not too bad but not doing any more for a while.

Radioactive@home graph

tazzduke

Ooopssyy, my bad, that should have read 7.2.5 not 7.2.65

Regards
Tazzduke

AA 24 - 53 participant

kashi

Thanks for letting me know, confused when I couldn't find that version anywhere.
Recently I've been updating to the latest development version almost as soon as it's released. Don't know why exactly, it'll bite me one day when they release a crook development version, which happens occasionally.;D

My 7790 is choogling on nicely. Frustrating for Dingo, a delivery delay, computer breakdown and then the new card arrives and there isn't suitable Centos driver for it yet.

I used to run Linux in a VM to get around problems with Linux GPU crunching. Main OS Windows BOINC was crunching on the GPU at the same time as VM Linux BOINC was crunching 5 or 6 cores of CPU tasks. Worked quite well for a single core GPU with CPU projects where Linux was much speedier than Windows. Didn't work as well when I was running a dual and single core GPU at the same time; it caused GPU crunching in Windows to slow noticeably. It should work OK with GPU folding on an ATI/AMD card as it uses so little CPU resources.