News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

PRPNet

Started by Dingo, June 06, 2014, 07:59:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Yes we are doing good but I will have to start running POGS soon on a couple of the machines, maybe tomorrow, but will have two running prp till the AA starts then over to POGS 100%

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Will also begin swapping fully to AA tomorrow at midnight. Know it's meant to start at 10am but usually always start at midnight. Already half way there as Einstein has been crunching away on GPU since last night. So yes we'll miss the last 3 days but at least we gave the Cube Challenge a go and lent some support.

Plus we'll have oodles of 20:1 converted PrimeGrid credit dribbling in for the next week or more. :thumbsup:

Like to get multithreading working on PRPNet before the next Challenge as its likely more efficient. Roger's instructions don't say where to place cllr64.bat file. I tried it in a few different places but still couldn't get it to work. Assume cllr64.exe is a renamed copy of cllr64.3.8.20.exe from BOINC folder but perhaps I've got that wrong too. Will have another play with it after the AA.

Dingo

Quote from: kashi on May 30, 2017, 01:42:15 PM
Like to get multithreading working on PRPNet before the next Challenge as its likely more efficient. Roger's instructions don't say where to place cllr64.bat file. I tried it in a few different places but still couldn't get it to work. Assume cllr64.exe is a renamed copy of cllr64.3.8.20.exe from BOINC folder but perhaps I've got that wrong too. Will have another play with it after the AA.

If you sort it out post please as I have a heck of a time on Linux as none of the batch files work.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

kashi

Yes, I'll let you know how I go after the AA.

I should really ask for help on the PrimeGrid forum, they're polite and helpful there, but prefer to have another go working it out myself first.

kashi

Just checking one of the clients and saw this highlighted message appear:

27*2^6560020-1 is prime! (1974765 decimal digits) Time: 9628.901 sec.

Haha, what are the chances of that popping up right when I was looking at the command box, only check clients every 3 or 4 hours to see what speed they're running at.

First prime I've found in PRPNet. Found 2 primes in BOINC back in 2010 but they're no longer in top 5,000 list.

It shows up on the PRPNet k=27 Prime Search list but is "hidden". I've posted on PrimeGrid forum asking how to unhide it.

Dingo

:holy-moly :congrats01 I have never found a prime from prp-net before but have a few from BOINC.   Great work  :bravo

I am guessing it will be live when it is confirmed and registered in the list of primes ?

Radioactive@home graph

JugNut

Congrats kashi,  it looks like a bigun  :bravo

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

kashi

They checked it and it isn't a prime, hardware error!  :boom:

It would have been my first "finder" prime too (except for little AP27 ones that don't get recorded anywhere), found a list that showed the 2 I found in 2010 were as the checker not as the finder.

Hmm, can't see the point of running PRPNet on this computer if it's unreliable. No errors currently on any other BOINC projects, it has recently had new memory fitted as the old lot began throwing errors on many projects.

Dingo

That's a bummer  :pcwhack:    I have never found any using prp though.

I have found about 24 primes using Primegrid but only four are still in the top 5000

rank   prime   digits                      who   when           comment
1160   803 · 21959445 + 1   589855   L2724   Dec 2013   
3153   5169 · 21406585 + 1   423428   L2724   May 2016   
3194   3187 · 21403206 + 1   422411   L2724   Apr 2016   
3196   1227 · 21402984 + 1   422344   L2724   Apr 2016   

Radioactive@home graph

kashi

Ah well, not too disappointing, didn't know it would have been such a big one, so didn't realise what I have missed. Spent most of my time on PrimeGrid sieving not finding primes and am happy to help in that way instead.

More concerning is the indication of hardware error with my new memory. Must be only PRPNet that stresses systems so much, no errors on any other BOINC projects for many months now since I replaced the memory. All things must pass, so ends my Skylake's run on PRPNet Challenges, it's been enjoyable because it's relatively easier to get a high ranking than on other Challenges.

What you lose on the roundabout you make up on the hurdy gurdy, so one box will be getting an earlier start on full speed ahead POGS for the AA. v:

Will now start gradually closing down 8 clients on dual box too, was a good Challenge while it lasted for us, team reached 3rd and not far behind Aggie the Pew in 2nd. Plus we both were in the top 10.

Wow Dingo, 24 primes, you've really gone to town on prime finding over the years, great job. :thumbsup:

Dingo

With help from stream, Volunteer developer Volunteer tester at Primegrid, well he did all the brain work.  Running PRPNet work multithreaded is now a reality. 

The thread is HERE but I will document it on this thread tomorrow.  Time for my beauty sleep, it takes 12 hours lately, as it is 02:51 and it is chilly here.

Radioactive@home graph

Dingo

Start PRPNet from scratch and change to Multithreaded:  Looks complicated but it is not really.

This is a non BOINC application.  BOINC Primegrid has not changed other than the ones  notified in this post.

WINDOWS 10

It should be similar on older versions of windows ?
7Zip

Download and install 7Zip for Windows  https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

PRPNet Applications

Download the latest version of PRP for your Windows version 32/64   http://prpnet.primegrid.com/

Create a folder called C:\PRP

Using 7Zip extract  the whole folder "prpclient-5.4.0a-windows" to C:\PRP.

PFGW

Download the newest version of PFGW from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openpfgw/ to Downloads

In the "prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs\" folder Rename pfgw64.exe to pfgw64-OLD.exe

copy C:\Users\User\Downloads\pfgw_win_4.0.0.7z\distribution\pfgw64.exe to prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs

Create a new file in the "prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs\" folder called pfmt.cmd

Insert @pfgw64.exe -T15 %* into that folder and save.  

Chane the -T15 to the number of threads that you want to run.  Note also that this is a Capital T-15.

LLR

Download cllr64.3.8.23.exe to Downloads from http://www.primegrid.com/download/?C=M;O=D and change the name to cllr64.exe

In the "prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs\" folder Rename llr64.exe to llr64_OLD.exe

copy Downloads\cllr64.exe to prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs

create a new file called "prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs\llrmt.cmd and insert @cllr64.exe -t15 %* into the file and save.  Chane the -t15 to the number of threads that you want to run.  Note also that this is a small t-15.

Modify 1-single-install-prpclient.bat

Edit the file 1-single-install-prpclient.bat and add the line  copy /Y ..\programs\*.cmd as shown below:

ECHO
for /l %%x in (1,1,1) do (
 mkdir prpclient-%%x
 cd prpclient-%%x
 copy /Y ..\programs\*.exe
 copy /Y ..\programs\*.dll
 copy /Y ..\programs\*.cmd
 cd ..
)
EXIT

Change master_prpclient.ini

edit the file C:\PRP\prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\master-prpclient.ini file as per below:

1. Enter BOINC email address
2. Enter BOINC user name
3. Enter machineid = computer name
4. enter Team Name in teamid
5. Un comment what servers you want to use.  WIEFERICH and WALLSUNSUN are no longer available:

Type of task    Number of tasks to download
                         |            |
            server=PRS:100:1:prpnet.primegrid.com:12008
                                |
          Percentage of tasks processed if you have 1 project un commented then this is 100.  If you have 5 then this is 20 and they will be proceses equally

6. change the llr file name to llrexe=llrmt.cmd and // comment out the others
7. change the pfgexe file name to pfgwexe=pfmt.cmd and // comment out the others

Testing the installation

"Press Windows+R to open "Run" box. Type "cmd" and then click "OK" to open a regular Command Prompt"

Type the following into the window:

cd C:\PRP\prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs    Press enter

llrmt -d -q"123456*2^123456+1"  Press Enter  This is a quick test to see if the files work

pfmt -d -q"123456*2^123456+1"  Press Enter

you should see something like this if it worked.  If you do not see this then check your files as per above:

C:\PRP\prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs>llrmt -d -q"123456*2^123456+1"
Starting Proth prime test of 123456*2^123456+1
Using zero-padded FMA3 FFT length 12K, Pass1=256, Pass2=48, clm=1, 6 threads, a = 5
123456*2^123456+1 is not prime.  Proth RES64: 718F3E85792C34C5  Time : 7.440 sec.

C:\PRP\prpclient-5.4.0a-windows\programs>pfmt -d -q"123456*2^123456+1"
PFGW Version 4.0.0.64BIT.20190528.Win_Dev [GWNUM 29.8]

123456*2^123456+1 is composite: RES64: [077ECD71B1D2EB88] (9.1566s+0.0024s)

Installation and running:

1. double click the file 1-single-install-prpclient.bat to create a folder called prpclient-1
2. double click the file 1-single-update-prpclient-ini.bat to copy the master ini file to the folder (prpclient.ini)
3. Final step is to Start prpclient  Double click 1-single-start-prpclient.bat and a windows cammand box should appear on the taskbar or on the screen.  Depending on what projects you selected one of them will start and look something like this.

[2019-09-10 19:40:45 AEST] User name Dingo at email address is boinc-australia@hotmail.com
Proth prime test of 27*2^7473835+1 at bit 8531 [0.11%]
Using all-complex FMA3 FFT length 480K, Pass1=640, Pass2=768, clm=1, 15 threads, a = 5
27*2^7473835+1, bit: 10000 / 7473839 [0.13%].  Time per bit: 8.737 ms.

LINUX Install being worked on.  Linux always gives problems which is good for the grey matter to sort out.

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

:faint:

Well..... sadly it doesn't look like I will be doing any more Primegrid. That's pretty complicated for me.

I got through a few steps but as I read on and got lost, I gave up.
Shame.

Dingo

Quote from: chooka03 on September 11, 2019, 03:37:48 PM
:faint:

Well..... sadly it doesn't look like I will be doing any more Primegrid. That's pretty complicated for me.

I got through a few steps but as I read on and got lost, I gave up.
Shame.

It is only if you want to run PRPNet mutithreaded.  You can still do it the single cpu/thread way.   It also does not change the primegrid BOINC setup, so primegrid on BOINC is still the same so crunch on.

Radioactive@home graph

tazzduke

Greetings Dingo

Thankyou for the instructions, I now know where to come to set this up.  Most likely when I do have some time coming up, when the kids are on Holidays in first two weeks of October.

Its been ages since I did PRPNET.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant