News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update - New version fixes CPU time reset to zero after restart

Started by kashi, June 11, 2014, 01:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

Version of spstarter application is changed to 1.10. A new version improves working with checkpoints and adds new wrapper.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 evatutin

This is just to inform those who read a previous post of mine in Nominations for AA38 thread. New Gerasim version 1.10 should fix the problem of old wrapper causing CPU time to restart from zero after a restart. This is important for Gerasim as credit is based on average of quorum CPU time.

In other words, Gerasim should be OK now for anyone who wishes to give it a go. Just remember some tasks are long running, over a day on my Nehalem @ 3.6 GHz. ;D

Dingo

A project that I haven't crunched for a while because the work was so erratic.   I have had a few of those long work units myself.   Hope the new improvements fix some the problems.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Yeh, there was no work for a long time until recently.

Just did a little to get my total up to 100K. Probably won't be doing any more for a while, after the AA will be CPU crunching POGS on Hackintosh VM. And GPU back to Folding@Home after a small Collatz "downtime payback".