News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update - New version fixes CPU time reset to zero after restart

Started by kashi, June 11, 2014, 01:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

Version of spstarter application is changed to 1.10. A new version improves working with checkpoints and adds new wrapper.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 evatutin

This is just to inform those who read a previous post of mine in Nominations for AA38 thread. New Gerasim version 1.10 should fix the problem of old wrapper causing CPU time to restart from zero after a restart. This is important for Gerasim as credit is based on average of quorum CPU time.

In other words, Gerasim should be OK now for anyone who wishes to give it a go. Just remember some tasks are long running, over a day on my Nehalem @ 3.6 GHz. ;D

Dingo

A project that I haven't crunched for a while because the work was so erratic.   I have had a few of those long work units myself.   Hope the new improvements fix some the problems.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

Yeh, there was no work for a long time until recently.

Just did a little to get my total up to 100K. Probably won't be doing any more for a while, after the AA will be CPU crunching POGS on Hackintosh VM. And GPU back to Folding@Home after a small Collatz "downtime payback".