News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by JugNut, April 01, 2015, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

I got 31 of them: 1 valid, 1 error, 29 Pending validation. I turned them off 'till I see what happens to the pending wu's (some wingmen have error'ed out).

chooka03

Yeah although they give more credits, its too much time wasted when they flop. I'll stick to the proven WU's.

Dingo

I have also turned off the Blackhole BHDB work units till I see that it is fixed.  Hope it is for the AA's sake..

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

I was surprised to find all 19 validated. Some were reissued several times. Not sure what to do.

JugNut

Yea the bad ones seem to come in waves,  some people reported getting tons of them others get next to none at all.
Since there are no new BHDB WU's left at the moment any that are  downloaded now would be re-sends,  meaning they'd have a much higher chance of being the bad ones that are being re-sent to be double checked.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

I will leave it unchecked. I think they realize things are still not well with the wu's.

Unfortunately, I do not expect to have a good showing in the AA there. Over 1/3 of my threads are used for GPU's. Einstein wastes a lot using a full thread/GPU wu and using 0.50 makes it even worse. I have been experimenting with running 0.33 on the GTX 1080's at Einstein. Works well alone but mixed results if also running Universe. All-in-all the farm is running smooth except one that is a bit warm. A fan froze on the CoolerMaster heat sink. I do not think I have any spares left of that size. Since the fan has been operating for 8 years I should not complain.  :rofl:

:greet

chooka03

Hi Dataman,

Yes it is painful having to give up cores with Einstein. I run my Vega at 0.33 and my CPU usage set to 94% to reserve enough cores on my threadripper. Tasks were taking about 14min with that setup but I think the WU's have recently changed because they now finish in about 11min and I've noticed more credits from when I last tested this setup.

My Hexacore is set to 81% and run at 0.5 WU's for the GTX 970. I haven't spent as much time fine tuning this one so there may be room for improvement with the core count. I might have time to adjust it in the near future  :wink

Oh..ps.......
:smilefriday

chooka03

Meh looks like I have some BHD in my worklist. Some have been ok, some have failed. 8 failed, heaps have passed ok actually.
I might just let it play out.

JugNut

*Incoming BHDB work Units*

At this moment they are half the size of the last batch(1/2 - 1hr in length) and still giving the same credit.  So far no computation errors either. So it could end up being a good way to get some extra credit and push the team further ahead.  As long as the dreaded comp errors don't reappear of course.

So if you decide to crunch em,  keep an eye on them.

My personal stat's

chooka03

Thanks Dingo.
I think I've crunched enough Universe now with both the Pentathlon and the AA. I'm winding down my cache.

chooka03

Oh wow...I guess you can take this a few ways but in short, Krzysztof is looking for money. (see latest BOINC ann)

https://www.patreon.com/krzyszp

I certainly don't have any to spare atm. Especially with the electricty bill I already incur :D

I'll be interested to see if Universe @ Home stats drop a little as it creates uncertainty. Well I feel so anyway.

Dataman

I saw that. Not going to happen. I moved my RPi's from Universe to SETI.

:thumbdown:

JugNut

I hope we don't lose universe. Quality projects are in short supply these days.
Although it seems like he just needs cash.   I can relate to that. LOL

My personal stat's

chooka03

I can't complain about someone asking. We all have to eat.

Dataman

Good news at Universe for a change. They received some funding and have published a paper.

https://universeathome.pl/universe/forum_thread.php?id=405#3424

:greet