News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by JugNut, April 01, 2015, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

I saw that! Great news.
The team has been having a Universe@Home party lately! I have other priorities for the time being.

O0

Dataman

More from the project:

Sorry for late notification!

Another research on the famous GW170817 source, which used data obtained from the Universe@Home project, have been published last year. In this study, it was shown that the merger rates of double neutron stars (calculated from one direct observation) stay in contradiction with these inferred from the observations of double pulsars in our Galaxy. The reason behind this tension is the delay time distribution which favours short delays. The study highlights the problem that scientist encounter trying to connect evolutionary predictions and the observations of the first double neutron star merger.

The original paper can be found here:
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2018arXiv181210065B

:oz:

JugNut

New WU's at universe are now taking much longer to crunch than previous batches did. On systems like my android devices and raspberry pi's it now takes up to 3 times longer to run a WU than did previously. Oh and no credit change either.

So expect universe credit to start tanking sooner rather than later, unless of course our admin feels like being fair and raises credit to suit? But something tells me that's not going to happen. 

Well not without a full scale revolt on the forums that is. 

LOL We can hope!! :fingers

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Ditto JN. I posted my concern (as did you) in their forum. I will wait a few days but if they make no change in run time or credits I will drop them until things get sorted.  :thumbdown:

EDIT: The project manager responded that he gives "too much credit" so I moved my RPi's to Einstein and aborted ~200 Universe wu's. The Pi's seem to run quite well at Einstein.  :thumbsup:

:greet

JugNut

Yea good on you DM.   :thumbsup:

It's sad really,  but i'm now in the process of doing the same :( 

Perhaps the people leaving will give him a hint? Yea probably not,  but if gridcoin pulls out he'll lose half of all his crunchers so maybe that will.

LOL Nice!! Gridcoin might actually come in handy for something ;)  :rofl:

My personal stat's

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on August 26, 2019, 11:34:48 AM

LOL Nice!! Gridcoin might actually come in handy for something ;)  :rofl:
Life is full of irony.  :rofl:
I also replaced Universe on the big servers with Cosmo. Its all the same "universe", eh?  :wink

PS: Ordered another Pi 4 today ... I think I am addicted.  :faint:

Dingo

I think that looking at the numers Universe must give more credit or loose too many users.

Looking at Datamans V3 that has validated tasks in both projects;

Universe                                                                                                            Einstein

(24900.29/3600) /  666.7 credits  = 6.916747222222222‬cedits per hour              (24388/3600) / 62 credits = 9.040829552819183 credits per hour

Universe old credit on same machine

(6711.44/3600) / 666.67 = 357.6001573432825‬

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Thanks for the math Dingo. I was going to do that this morning.
I could probably do better with the Pi's on Asteroids but that project does not seem to be going anywhere.  SETI is another alternative. Last time I ran it, SETI Beta paid more credit than SETI on the Pi's.
I will stick with Einstein for now. It is an old, established project that communicates with its crunchers, publishes frequently and always has work.
We will see what happens over at Universe when Gridcoin jumps ship.

JugNut

Yes a nice breakdown Dingo and a nice post at universe forums too. I'm not sure if it will help either but one things certain if nobody says anything there's zero chance of anything changing.

My personal stat's

Dataman

We won! Power to the people ... err, crunchers.

"Ok.
I see that current points for WU's are problem for quite large group of us. Also, I see that small group of WU's now calculate even longer that most of them,
So, from next batch I will increase amount of credits by factor of 1.5 or 2 (I need bit more observation of current computation time)...Krzysztof 'krzyszp' Piszczek"

:dance2:

JugNut

Yea we did do it.  :thumbsup:  Well kinda? So far i'm still not seeing the extra credits. :fingers

PS: Gee miss logging in for a day or two and you can really miss out on some valuable info. But I got to say it's nice to see B@A becoming more active.  :greet

My personal stat's

Dataman

The website is currently mucked up as they are updating the site.
You must re-enable stats export as the update defaulted to no export.
See here:
https://universeathome.pl/universe/forum_thread.php?id=486

Dingo

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Daniel

Thanks Dataman, I've ticked the box.  :thumbsup:

Dataman

Still did not help. No export to BOINCStats again.

https://www.boincstats.com/stats/158/project/detail/lastDays

No response from the project admin. either.