News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Updates

Started by Daniel, July 05, 2015, 12:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

It's been quiet over at NRG for a while, but a couple of weeks ago Francis Gaudreault posted some news about 2 publications that make use of the work done by BOINC users ...

Hi BOINC users,

It has been a while since I have given any news related to this project. Don't worry the project is not dead despite not having sent any jobs in the last couple of months.

We were very busy with some other important tasks. One of them was the publication of the method FlexAID you all have been running on your own machines for years. Your precious work has been rewarded as the method has been published in the peer-reviewed and high-quality Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling. For more information, please refer to http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.jcim.5b00078
The article is open-access and all of you can access it.
As a matter of fact, here is another article we recently published in which many BOINC users contributed to: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/jm5015633

We made sure to acknowledge, in the papers themselves, the work of all BOINC users who contributed to our project since the beginning. Your work has definitely allowed us to make our method much more accurate than we had hoped, and has helped advancing the field of drug discovery.

As for myself, I am currently in the process of writing my thesis. However, FlexAID still remains in development as another student (Louis-Philippe Morency) is taking over the project. LP will require your help in the upcoming months as to increase the performance of our method even more.

I hope many of you will comeback to contribute to the work of our group again :)

Francis Gaudreault

It's good to see that the project is still alive and has produced some useful results.

Daniel

This project has released some more workunits - I'm crunching some at the moment.

A quote from Louis-Philippe Morency on the Boincstats froums ...

QuoteI'm in charge of the BOINC project NRG@Home or Najmanovich Research Group. In the past months, we migrated the server on new hardware and we were developing new features in the software used for this project (FlexAID).

The project is not dead nor is it a zombie server. There is currently work being computed at this moment for this project. Over the next months, there will be a massive increase in the work we will be submitting on this project.

Good news.