News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Updates

Started by Daniel, July 05, 2015, 01:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Just noticed a few new things at YAFU ...

The url is now http://yafu.myfirewall.org/yafu/

There is a new application called "YAFU for small composites" (composites below 110 digits go to this app)

One of it's goals is now "to factorize numbers of 70-130 digit length which are needed to bring Aliquot Sequences to a size of 130"

Dataman

Just in case someone (like me) missed it, YAFU now has a bunch of new badges. Unfortunately I do not have any of them. Must fix that!  :wink

chooka03

Hmm...YAFU. Know nothing about it as of right now but I'll change that.
This project also falls into my "need to fix" basket in regards to the team rank. (outside of the top 30) I'll look it up. (just in case there are any internal, morale questions that might overcome my desire to improve the team standings) lol

Dataman

It is a math project. Also if you are not already registered, they are not accepting new members. I do not remember the invite code. Last, they are not sending work at the moment. Server status shows there is work but I tried on Win10 and Linux and got "no work sent". Maybe they are between sequences as they just finished one.

tazzduke

Greetings All

As per the website - The invitation code for creating new accounts is yafu

Also, GOOGLE went into meltdown visiting this site, they have classed it as a phishing site.  I have never had a problem before, so maybe its because I have the latest update on Google Chrome Web Brower.

Cheers

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dataman

Cheers Tazz

Yes, with the last Firefox update I get a big red screen saying it is a deceptive site and I have to override it to get there. I still cannot get work. I do not know if my firewall is blocking it or the site is not sending. BOINC just says "no work sent". Not worth looking into it and I'll put the badges on hold.  :thumbdown:

chooka03

YAFU isn't accepting any new crunchers.  :thumbdown:

chooka03

So I've started a new project...this one.
WOW....is it a low credit project!  :faint: I thought Cosmology was bad! AND....it's a multi core project so on my Threadripper...BAM...8 cores out of action to crunch one task. LOL.

Oh well...all fun I guess. I've just dipped a crunching toe in. I'll get around to giving it a red hot go one day soon. So many priorities!  :wiggle: Looking forward to a new badge one day though.

Dingo

I do Yafu from time to time and it is very slow and uses all the coes if you let it.  It is better now they have tthee different apps for the cores it uses.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

Is there any hints or tips I should know about? Like Primegrid?
My threadripper is doing one 8t task and so far it's shaping up to take 23hrs!!  :faint:

I better get some appropriate credits for that!

tazzduke

Hey Chooka03, dip your toes in TN-GRID, its a medical research project and it gives out badges lol.

Now I hear you saying, why Tazzduke, I be saying cause we are in a Boincstats Challenge and we need all the help we can get lol.

Regards

AA 24 - 53 participant

Dingo

Quote from: chooka03 on March 05, 2019, 05:15:52 PM
Is there any hints or tips I should know about? Like Primegrid?
My threadripper is doing one 8t task and so far it's shaping up to take 23hrs!!  :faint:

I better get some appropriate credits for that!

I am not running any at the moment but that does sound like a long time. Although the server_status page says that the average for a 8k tasks is 7.76 hrs and can take from (0.01 - 84.26) hours.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

@Tazzduke - Mate...believe me...I love challenges. I really do! I miss the AA's and I enjoyed TdP but the only reason I picked YAFU is because I'm trying to get all of our team projects into the top 30.
We got Numberfields over the line, NFS is nearly there and YAFU was the next worst. TN-Gris is rank 21 so the team is doing ok. I can't help at this time sorry  :thumbsup: Having said that, I've temporarily moved back to my personal goal of improving my lagging ranks (Cosmology and Rosetta. My SETI rank bothers me also but isn't well suited to AMD GPU's)

@Dingo - I didn't realise there were times mentioned. That 8T WU took 108,906.90secs for 7,431.59 credits  :faint:

tazzduke

Hey Chooka03, you should see our Formula Boinc rank, its a bit depressing at the moment, but am sure we will gain a few spots over the months, well its a marathon not a sprint lol.

AA 24 - 53 participant

chooka03

Hey Dingo, surely there's got to be a trick to these WU's?
My 4c/8t CPU is crunching 1x 4t WU and it's going to take around 16 hrs to complete! :faint:  Surely that's not right? How long are your 4t tasks taking?
Do you cut your CPU usage to 50% like they do with primegrid?

thx

Edit - All good. I found your name. Seems to be the same as mine.
https://yafu.myfirewall.org/yafu/hosts_user.php?userid=621