News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project News - MilkyWay@Home

Started by Cruncher Pete, March 26, 2009, 08:12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WikiWill

teemac

Yeh - it's a bugger.

I had Milky, and GenLife as backups to Einstein - and they all fell over today.

All back up now though  :dance:

BF

From the MilkyWay@Home news feed:

Project News: Updating Server Daemons Tonight

Tuesday, 21 July 2009 10:00 AM

I'll be updating the server daemons tonight with better result verification and updated particle swarm and genetic searches.  There will probably be some downtime while I get everything up and running correctly.  We've also been examining some issues we're having with our fitness calculation, so we'll be releasing a new application and its code to deal with that as well.  It also seems we're having some excessive credit issues again so things are going to have to be tweaked (have fun flaming our forums :P).

BF

Project News: Started a Genetic Search

Tuesday, 21 July 2009 10:00 AM

I'm testing a genetic search right now with the new verification.  Let me know how things are working. Work should be flowing now

BF

Project News: Server Crash

Wednesday, 29 July 2009 10:00 AM

Our database crashed or got corrupted this morning and it's looking we lost a lot of user accounts and credits.  For now if you lost your account just make a new one.  We're looking into this right now and are trying to restore all that we can.--Travis

BF

Project News: Server Crash Update

Looks like labstaff is in the process of restoring the lost data right now.  Hopefully we didn't lose too much after the restore is done.

BF

Project News: Server Database Restored

We restored the server to this mornings backup. Let us know if you're still having any problems.

BF

Project News: Updated User Stats

Since some users are still reporting missing credit, I've re-run the stats export which should hopefully update their credit to what it should be after the restore.  This might take a little while to show up correctly, but let me know if this has fixed your missing credit, if you're still missing credit.  The only credit that you should be missing would be from 4am this morning til around 2pm this afternoon.

Dataman

2009-07-30: MilkyWay@home - Project News: CUDA App Alpha Preview
An alpha version of the CUDA App has been released for community preview, please see the following forum post.

edit: added the link

BF

Assimilator Down

Saturday, 8 August 2009 10:00 AM

We're having a small problem with the assimilator, it should be back up and running shortly.

Dataman

Milkyway@Home Now Accepting Donations
August 12, 2009
Professor Newberg has gone through all the steps to allow MilkyWay@Home to actually accept donations and has written a letter of request, which I've posted here. The letter discusses the progress we've made in both scientific computing and astronomy, as well as our current funding situation. You can directly access the page to make donations here.

BF

Server Side Software Upgrade

Thursday, 20 August 2009 10:00 AM

A planned BOINC server side software upgrade will take place on August 21 at 4:00pm EDT (America/New_York).

Dataman

Quote from: BF on August 21, 2009, 01:17:13 PM

Server Side Software Upgrade

Thursday, 20 August 2009 10:00 AM

A planned BOINC server side software upgrade will take place on August 21 at 4:00pm EDT (America/New_York).
Sounds like another outage in the making.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BF

Quote from: Dataman on August 21, 2009, 01:21:54 PM
Sounds like another outage in the making.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SHHHHHHH!!!! They might hear you biggrin

kashi

Not officially reported yet but I just noticed the following has recently appeared as a MilkyWay application:

Linux running on an AMD x86_64 or Intel EM64T CPU     0.19 (cuda)     22 Aug 2009 0:25:54 UTC

Edit: Oops didn't realise this has already been reported on the forum by one of the staff and is said to be giving segfault errors.