News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Problems Joining team

Started by JugNut, January 29, 2016, 05:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

Hi guy's,  as per the title of this post I don't seem to be able to join the team at Albert.

This is a link to the post I made yesterday at Albert.  As of this post i've received no reply.  https://albertathome.org/content/major-problem-joining-team

The site had a big crash around a week ago so maybe that has something to do with it? The site is made on Drupal and therefore has a different layout to other boinc projects so maybe i'm just missing something simple?

Until I can join the team I don't see any point in crunching there. :(

Has anyone attached & then joined to a team of there choosing there lately? The main problem is I can't find the "join team" link even after finding the team.
Another thing can someone tell me the correct attach URL?  Maybe that has something to do with it?

So any help to do this seemingly simple task would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Daniel

Hi JugNut,

After you've logged in, click on the tab that says "Community".

At the top of this tab you should see the headings "Message boards", "Teams" & "Statistics".

Click on "Teams".

In the list of "Top Teams", click on BOINC@AUSTRALIA.

There should be a blue link near the top-right of the page that says "JOIN THIS TEAM".

I just tried leaving the team and joining it again and it looks like it's working.

Daniel.

P.S. I believe the url to attach to is https://albertathome.org/  (I just tried removing the project and attaching again using this url and it worked - I'm not getting any messages saying that it's the wrong url)

Edit : I just tried attaching to http://albert.phys.uwm.edu/ and this also appears to work - interesting ...

JugNut

Thanks kindly Daniel, that's exactly the information I was looking for.  I will persevere again  :)

PS:  I have been through the way you suggested multiple times but knowing that i'm looking in the right section & now knowing what it is supposed to look like is half the battle.  Unless it's just now been fixed(unlikely) my guess is I need to re-attach & try again.

Again thank you for your help it's very much appreciated.  +1

PSS: I let you know how things turn out.

My personal stat's

JugNut

Well in the end no matter what I did and no matter how I tried attaching I could not get the "JOIN THIS TEAM" link to come up. I starting to get fed up when I read a post that one guy had the similar problem and what he did was use his account manager (BAM) to do the team joining for him, so thats exactly what I did too and it worked as planed i'm glad to say. I'm a little miffed that i've wasted a heck of a lot of time to do something that should have been extremely simple, but hey what ever works right?

I have to say BAM is much better now than when I first tried it years ago but I still prefer to do thing the manual way. *LOL* a glutton for punishment I guess.  So all's well again at planet JugNut :)  Now to wait for some work.

PS: While waiting for work at Albert i've now got a couple PC's getting to know SETI v8.  So far it seems like a repeat of V7,  the work is longer & the credits are less.  You got to love credit screw.

Crunch-on   :crazy

My personal stat's

DidierT

Actually, I had a similar issue. It seems to me that you must first be logged-in to your Albert@home account before being able to Joint a Team.  I was unable to see the  "JOIN THIS TEAM" button until then. That worked for me.  :compbash:

JugNut

Hey Didier, yea  I noticed you and Daniel had successfully joined the team yesterday as I was still trying to do the same.  I logged in & out, I tried different PC's,  different browsers but to no avail.  I mean I knew where the link should have been, but for me it just wasn't coming up.   I hate leaving a mystery unsolved but at least I got got the job done in the end & can add that to my list of boinc work arounds.  But you have to wonder what a newcomer would have done in my place?

For the moment I have bigger fish to fry like draining my new swimming pool sized puddle on my veranda that storm kindly supplied me today.  Oddly I'm finding that a lot less stressful than it was joining the team at Albert yesterday :)  *LOL* You got to have priorities you know, even though boinc first everything else can wait is usually the way things are done around here ;)

Crunch-on

My personal stat's