News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

Introducing DM-Polar Bear. Look out! He's on the prowl.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dataman

Reintroducing DM-Mastiff. He has a full set of teeth now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

JugNut

Quote from: kashi on June 14, 2016, 04:43:01 AM
JugNut, not sure if this has anything to do with it but do you have "Use CPU" ticked in Bitcoin Utopia preferences? I read somewhere in the forum that it should be ticked when using ASIC miners, even though you don't actually process any CPU tasks. Don't know if that is correct but someone thought it was.

I didn't have it ticked before and after ticking it a few days ago, some of the error messages I was getting stopped. Can't remember exactly what they were though.

Also light seemed to start flashing a bit quicker after start of task although I haven't noticed any difference in overall task duration. Hard to tell for sure though as they vary so much. Anyway worth a try if you don't have it ticked.

I relented and bought a couple of the Arctic Breeze Mobile USB fans off eBay. Found somewhere in UK with a more reasonable price, only about 80c more than Amazon and shipping less than most other eBay sellers as well. Didn't notice the listing when I looked a week ago, maybe I missed it then.

Arctic Breeze Mobile Portable Mobile USB Desk Fan White

Hey kashi,  no I don't have CPU selected.  I remember reading about that quite a while ago and didn't think it applied any more but i'll still give it a shot though.

Yea great minds and all that,  that's where I purchased my Arctic breezes from,   I was a bit worried about them arriving at all,  I kinda expected a message from them saying they wont be  shipping them because of there "Terms and conditions of the sale" further down the page. 
It states.. "Condition 2.  Service availability. Our site is only intended for use by people resident in the United Kingdom (mainland only) and we reserve the right to not accept orders from individual's resident elsewhere."
But its been at least 7 days since i ordered and still nothing so I guess they must be coming.  Perhaps by carrier pigeon or just by the absolute cheapest service they can find?

@ Dataman:  *LOL* You've made my day mate,  I would have never believed there was a room anywhere on earth dustier than mine?  But I stand corrected  :worship

PS: The Boinc Gods didn't approve of my idle boasting about large credits from my U3,  as they quickly humbled me with a blackout that lasted over 3 hours. Then it took me another hour or more to fix all the problems caused by it.  Moral of the story is that the boinc Gods are angry lot and extremely touchy as well.  You have been warned ;)

Dataman

@ Dataman:  *LOL* You've made my day mate,  I would have never believed there was a room anywhere on earth dustier than mine?  But I stand corrected  :worship

That was not an award I was trying to win. :rofl:
The polar bear did not want to come out of hibernation. The first 7 wu's timed out. I unplugged and replugged each one and all started flashing like a bad electrical storm. The 2nd 7 wu's completed and validated.  :yahoo: I will see how it goes from now. 7 of them flashing makes a lot of light. 

kashi

Dust you say, hmm, suppose my room would be a little dusty too, underneath all the old GPU's, motherboards, records, broken speaker, old monitor, modems, routers, etc., etc. No worries, I cleared a path to my desk and bed so as not to trip over navigating the jungle.

Ah well, at least it's not huge piles plus the whole floor up to 18 inches high with newspapers like my brother. Yes he's one of those. We've had 2 council kerbside cleanups and once there got so many it needed a skip hired which cost $300. Filled it about 2 thirds full too and they're really big. Must be building up pretty high again now because I hear him slipping over at night, lucky he doesn't break some bones.

Are those Antminers noisy? I've read 25dB but I no longer trust reviews where noise is concerned. Don't know where I could get one but could have another look.

Discovered why the monitor USB port works. Turned it off and Gekko light extinguished also. Must be like a 2 port powered hub. Always thought it was just a passthrough from the computer, never considered it may be powered. So I'll have one and a bit Gekkos per day instead of two until hub arrives. Never mind, it hasn't skipped a beat since my last adjustment which is really pleasing after the battles I've had. Gets a bit hotter than my other one I think, needs more juice as screw finally needed to be about 3 o'clock whereas other one has never been adjusted from about 12 o'clock.

chooka03

LOL :rofl: YOU GUYS HAVE GOT BU SOMETHING BAD!!!! :rofl: biggrin

1Trillion in no time boys! :congrats

Dataman

Are those Antminers noisy? I've read 25dB but I no longer trust reviews where noise is concerned. Don't know where I could get one but could have another look.
Mine are quieter than 1 case fan. Let some  biggrin dust  biggrin build up and I may get some harmonics.
:oz:

JugNut

Quote from: Dataman on June 14, 2016, 12:15:43 PM
Mine are quieter than 1 case fan. Let some  biggrin dust  biggrin build up and I may get some harmonics.

Harmonic's. :rofl: 
It's kinda like natures own freely supplied sound deadener then? Who'd have thought?   Nice!!
Thanks for the school'en Dataman.  :thumbsup:

@ kashi: I can't hear mine at all over my other PC's, there very quiet.

Dataman

Can it be??? Yes, it is!!! A 170 million credit day.  :shock Two hundred million tomorrow??? It could happen!!!

:boom:

EDIT:169,230,000 at BU and 170,038,613 combined. :thumbsup: My previous highest day was 75,854,765 combined running 60 CPU threads and 12 GPU's. Simply amazing.  :dance:

EDIT 2: We gained a Team position to 48th.  :cheer1: We are 35 days away from Texas A&M   v:

JugNut

Wow unbelievable!!  Good one Dataman  :thumbsup:

For me the boinc Gods must still be very cranky as my Gekko's have been playing up all day.  I'd be lucky to get a half a days worth of work strung together and even then it's taking constant baby sitting even to get that much done. Thank goodness my U3 sprung to life or it would be slowwwww going indeed.    Hmm I guess I should clarify that by saying it's a bitcoin kinda slow, which of course is still dozens of times faster than normal.

kashi

Stop, look, listen 'cos you're gonna hear
A brand new story 'bout a great engineer,
He's the greatest of them all we claim
Antminer's his engine, Dataman's his name.

Dataman a steamin' and a rollin',
Dataman you never have to guess
When you hear the tootin' of the whistle
It's DM at the throttle of the Antminer Express!

There'll be Dingo Junior and old JugNut too,
Fireman Chooka and the rest of the crew.
In a thrilling adventure that's a lot of fun
When DM takes the throttle for another run.

Thank you both for replies about Antminer noise.
I may get one later, but currently the only places I found with stock were AliExpress sellers. Bit dubious about buying from there as I read a warning about quality of Antminers bought directly from China.

Anyhow dual motherboard finally arrived, so now I'm searching for registered memory to suit. Many Hong Kong/China sellers of supposedly new PC3L-12800R Samsung sticks with free delivery for a suspiciously good price but again read a warning that some is counterfeit actually made by Heoriady. Plus they don't guarantee receiving same part numbers as shown in photos.

So now looking at used (server pulls) PC3L-10600R Hynix or Nanya as it may be a safer choice. Found some new Hynix PC3L-10600R from a US seller and it's on my Z9PA-D8 approved DIMM list, quite a bit more expensive though due to high postage costs.

Edit: Got the new one from the US wrong, it's Hynix not Nanya.

Dataman

QuoteStop, look, listen 'cos you're gonna hear
A brand new story 'bout a great engineer,
He's the greatest of them all we claim
Antminer's his engine, Dataman's his name.

Dataman a steamin' and a rollin',
Dataman you never have to guess
When you hear the tootin' of the whistle
It's DM at the throttle of the Antminer Express!

There'll be Dingo Junior and old JugNut too,
Fireman Chooka and the rest of the crew.
In a thrilling adventure that's a lot of fun
When DM takes the throttle for another run.

Way cool that.  :congrats
Saved that one permamently

chooka03

Nice one Kashi! :) I see plenty of that RAM on Ebay....but I'm sure you're all over that.
DM - Wow  :boom: comparitively speaking, it looks like you will be pumping out about 1Bil/ week once it settles in. Unreal!  :worship

Dingo - My miner was the same for the first 1-2 weeks. It really seems to have settled down now. All I've done is increased the V to 0.69V. I'm thinking about decreasing it slightly now just to try and find a happy medium. I don't want to cook it early.

Dataman

Shucks, only 188 million today.  :wink I am having trouble with the new Polar Bear array. When one stops working all 7 stop working. Will get out my magic screwdriver today and give them a crank.

EDIT: Gave them a crank. Meanwhile the Mastiff and the ants are error free. The ants are amazing. They have not missed a beat since I started them.
EDIT2: We are quickly gaining on Texas A&M. In one day we decreased the overtake days from 35 to 16.  :cheer1:
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/overtake/59/0/0
:greet

Dingo

Got my three new USB Miners today and loaded the driver one by one and also tested on Bitcoin one by one.  After a lot of messing with the voltage I have them all working individually and about to put all four on at once to see if the lights flash and the credit is blinding.

I am typing this as I go while the miners are going or not going and after a bunch of hotplugging I have two running steady and one not running at all and the other one on and off.  :furious:

EDIT:  OK I got the  :buzz out of it and all four are running at the moment., hope they stay that way....

EDIT:  Checked back and only two working again.  Need to play with the voltage I guess.  I wish I knew what the voltage was when I play with the screw as they are so small I never really know if it moved. :rofl:

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA