News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

Well campaign #3 is done. I don't really know what to do now.
I have 2 options. 1) Cease Bitcoin crunching or 2) Crunch #7 for BU...which I really don't want to do.

I'm leaning towards no crunching until another project worthy of my time and money comes up.

JugNut

I'm with you chooka,  I don't mind crunching a bit for BU itself every now & then but I will not do it full time.  So when the MilkyWay WU's finish i'll stop crunching there too, at least until there's something worth supporting again.

LOL it's always the way isn't it,  in another couple of days I would have gotten 40 bil combined credit. Oh well I suppose i'll just have to do it the hard way ;)

chooka03

I wont hold it against you mate if you want to run #7 just to make your 40 Mil biggrin

Dataman

I am with you mates. I will not crunch #7 just to give Henri money. I have shut down all my miners until such time something better comes along.
EDIT: I put 3 machines on Einstein (GPU) and POGS (CPU). That is the best I can do currently. I hope we can hold our 31st world position ... time will tell.  :panic:
EDIT2: Gee Whiz it sure looks funny here without the "light show". Even Karen noticed it.  :rofl:

:greet

Dingo

I still have a few work units to crunch on #3 then I will stop as well.  Maybe a new project for BOINC will come out soon.  I am crunching POGS and TN-Grid at the moment on CPU and also one GPU finishing some Collatz then doing Einstein.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

kashi

I don't object to doing #7 for a week or 2 for our favourite Finn* until #12 starts again. It's not as though it's very much anyway.

Hope they remember to remove the time limit on the 20+ GH/s #12 tasks. Doing those little 3-4 minute 1.6 GH/s #7 tasks is a nuisance as I have one stick that loses contact. In the meantime I edited the #7 20+ GH/s job .xml file with the backspace method and changed it from 5400 to 20000 seconds but don't know if it works yet.

*Finnish humour is dry. Text conversation with my mate Jarkko:
"Yesterday marked 21 years since I arrived in Finland."
"Did you celebrate with a beer and a sausage?"
"No. I've become Finnish. I told no one. I sat in the dark in silence and thought about herrings."
"That's the spirit."

Q: How do you know a Finnish man is madly in love with his wife?
A: He almost tells her.

Mika and Peppe hadn't seen each other for ages, so they decided to get together for "one" beer. At the end of the first pint Peppe says
"How have you been?" Mika just grunts in reply.
At the end of the second pint Peppe asks
"So how's your family?" Again, Mika just grunts in reply.
After three pints Peppe asks
"How's work going?" Mika turns and shouts
"Perkele! Did we come here to talk or drink?!"

JugNut

Quote from: kashi on October 31, 2016, 03:43:53 PM

Hope they remember to remove the time limit on the 20+ GH/s #12 tasks. Doing those little 3-4 minute 1.6 GH/s #7 tasks is a nuisance as I have one stick that loses contact. In the meantime I edited the #7 20+ GH/s job .xml file with the backspace method and changed it from 5400 to 20000 seconds but don't know if it works yet.

Mmm clever  :thumbsup:  Up there for think'in and down there for dancing hey kashi?  :jester: 

Let us know how it works out.

kashi

Yes, it's working fine so far.

Backspace trick not even really necessary as #7 tasks only run 2 hours compared to 4 hours for #3 tasks. So should be able to just change 5400 seconds to 9999 seconds and have the same file size. Would give extra 46 minutes after the 2 hours runtime before tasks time out.

Dancing? Just got a new Achroplat platter for my turntable. Been playing Nat King Cole, Ray Brown Trio and King Crimson today. Very groovy.

Funk Firm LSD, it takes you trips around the bay, brings you back the same day. :dance:

JugNut

Thanks for the groovy info kashi..  O0 

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on October 31, 2016, 03:43:53 PM
Q: How do you know a Finnish man is madly in love with his wife?
A: He almost tells her.
:rofl:

I can support #12 for Free-DC. Hope they get it started soon ... I miss the light show.  biggrin
:greet

Dataman

#12 is running. My lizards time out on the 20+gh so I switched them to 1.6+gh. The ants are working at 20+gh.

JugNut

Niether my gekko's or my ants are working with #12 20GH tasks.  I think it's the wrong version of CGminer at least for the 20GH tasks?

Have to go to dentist now will try later.  :(

Dataman

Yep, all mine are completing with validate errors.  :thumbdown:

JugNut

Update:  The #12 20GH units have been updated and are now working.   And they now have no time limit on them so are good to go on all our miners :)

But the 333MH and 1.6GH units still don't have the correct version of cgminer and so do NOT work as yet.  Henri says he'll update them later.  :(

Dataman

The 1.6 GH are working now too. I am switching back to the 20GH.