News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGPIE

Well Dataman I have to admit you have put in a lot of time and effort setting that up.........well done :thumbsup:

I would be too scared to leave home in case it went  :boom: or there was a city wide power outage and some upset guys were waiting for me on the doorstep when I came home :BigGrin

Dataman

Thanks all. I had a lot of fun planning and setting it up. It is not as bad as one might think. I think I mentioned before I have a good friend whose son is an electrician. I got a chance to talk to him about my setup at his dad's 65th birthday party. He pointed out quite a few things I could do to reduce the watts used. Little things like heavy gauge power cables (12 gauge) where lighter gauge (16) would have less resistance and serve just as well. Too fast fan speeds that do not allow the air to pick up heat before being exhausted from the case and using more watts. The big one was properly loading the PSU's to ~80% of capacity rather than having more PSU's running at 30-40% capacity. This causes some of the excess potential being burned off as heat rather than doing work (I use the term work in the Physics definition of the term). This allowed me to reduce the total number of PSU's in my configuration.
Doing all this allowed me to add ~1,000 more watts with only a small increase in watts used. These numbers are preliminary and I am still using a lot of electricity but that's OK for now.
Replacing the MNB-MAT 4715KL-04W-B56 fans with high-volume, low-noise Arctic fans has greatly reduced the noise level.
So far so good. I wish I could run CPU's, GPU's and miners but then my bill would be >$1,500/month and that is not acceptable. I will have to shut down the miners in May and go back to normal CPU/GPU crunching.
Thanks again for the support mates.
v:

Dataman

Dataman

Best day ever ... 1,921,253,924 ... almost 2 billion.
:dance2:

Dingo

Very close there Dataman.  You might need to get one more U3  :BigGrin

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on March 06, 2017, 06:32:08 AM
Very close there Dataman.  You might need to get one more U3  :BigGrin
The U3's are in a box and the Geckos are in a bag ... just Rockminers.
:BigGrin

Dataman

Best day ever at BU
v:

Dataman

Not bad for a Saturday's work.
My RAC is #5 in the world.
:yes

JugNut

Way to go DM that's a huge number  :thumbsup:   I think that could be your best day ever, nice! 

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dingo

Huge number you will need to take up my slack as I am not going to be crunching for a while.  :bloodshot

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

chooka03

This sums it up...... :holy-moly

Dataman

Campaign 10 (SRBase) has been restarted but all wu's come up invalid. I reported them to Henri.
:greet

chooka03

Dare I say.....but is Bitcoin Utopia stuffed these days since they stopped GPU work?
When looking at monthly credits, there are only 155 people contributing credits. 155 people throughout the WORLD.
Its no wonder projects are now crawling along towards completion. And imagine what % is mostly gained from those in the top 10 positions.

Bit of shame for the scientific community really as a way of getting some funding.

Dingo

I started my miners back up today after a lot of reboots and reloading drivers etc.  I think they are all working now so credit should start going up tomorrow.   :fingers

@chooka      :holy-moly Yes there are only 127 today with credit so is dropping all the time.   I am not going to invest any more money in minres as I cannot use them other than here.

Radioactive@home graph

Dataman

Another one bites the dust. Want to buy some miners?  :faint:

Message 11991 - Posted: 14 Apr 2017, 17:07:37 UTC

Hello!

After these four campaigns are all finished, Bitcoin Utopia will close down, at least for temporarily. This should happen in the early summer.

Thanks for all these years and thanks for understanding!

Henri.