News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

Just look at it as a right of passage into the world of obscenely large credits. :jester:
My two new ones have been stuck in Dallas, TX for two days drinking Lone Star beer and wearing cowboy boots. They are coming by the United States Postal Service (who could break an anvil) so it will be late. This Gov't Agency should have been eliminated decades ago and replaced with private enterprise who has an incentive to please their customers.  :thumbdown:
Maybe you need a meaner looking guardian, Kashi. Yours looks too friendly.  biggrin
We had breakfast on the new deck. I had to cook but she had to wash-up. Beautiful morning here. Life is good.
:oz:

kashi

Great looking deck, didn't see the photo before.  v:

Haha, "break an anvil", good one. :rofl:

My parcel has current status of "Your shipment has been flagged for review prior to export" . Think that means it's "sitting in our warehouse so as not to get to you too quickly because you're too tight to pay for faster shipping" . Ordinary shipping was expensive enough, AU$50, yes I'll save more than that compared to Aussie prices and articles aren't available here, but still.

I've had that message before and there's been no delay but it's with i-parcel and we don't take too kindly to i-parcel 'round here. DHL out of Frankfurt for motherboard are being ornery too and don't even have tracking now it's left the Fatherland. Never mind, it will get here some time.

Still got to get registered memory. Can't understand why some building E5-2670 duallies are paying extra for 1600 CL11 when 1333 CL9 would perform almost identically. If my ciphering is correct, the 1333 actually has the teensiest faster access time. Will get low voltage stuff anyway to save a little on power.

Think the President could be meaner than he looks when necessary. Strikebreaker on the Finnish docks and other political shenanigans. Finnish political history is a bit different to what we're used to here. Communists vying with Social Democrats and the strong links to the USSR, etc.

Hope you all have better success with your Gekkos soon. When they work they can certainly pump out the the cobblestones so fast it's almost obscene.

Edit: Well looky here, I was told no tracking after Frankfurt and 2 week delay but look what's just appeared, corker:
Wed, 08.06.2016 07:12 a.m./p.m.    Australia    The shipment has arrived in the destination country

Dingo

@Dataman   Like the deck, it would look good on my lot in BC.  I am too poor to afford a deck jst yet but it is on the list along with a Gazebo and a concrete pad to park the RV on.   Canada post is just the same system as USPS I think.  If you opt for free shipping it usually takes 10 business days from Toronto.  I bought the hub from Amazon.ca and paid for shipping and it was here in two days by courier.  I guess the best thing is  :panic:

These run really hot when they do one after the other.  What is everyone doing for cooling ??   Dataman is that a Arctic Breeze Mobile USB fan I see in the photo ???

I got the HUB today and when I started Bitcoin up with the USB Miner in the Hub the Purple / Blue light flashed almost at once and the task is validated and a new one is running with the light flashing.  My record is three in a row so hopefully the extra power in the Hub fixes the problem....

EDIT:  15 in a row since I plugged it into the powered HUB.   :mwalk:

EDIT:  Now 27 in a row.  The Hub is the reason without a doubt,  well I thinkl so  biggrin  27 X 30,000 = 810,000 in one hour and 10 minutes gotta love that.   I guess I am now a credit whore, is that what they call miners on the forums...... :rofl:

Its flying

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Well done, Dingo.  :congrats  Put a fan on it if you can.
Four days without a problem. My two finally left Baja Oklahoma (Texas) and arrived in Sacramento. :bloodshot I expect them tomorrow.
Yes an Artic Breeze. They move a lot of air. I have two fans on the array now and they are only warm to the touch.
You will find the flashing light becomes annoying. With four now my office looks like a dance club at night. I just need to play some Disco music in the background.  :cool: Perhaps some ABBA.  biggrin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB3wTUbOMEU
With two more it will only get worse.

chooka03

Quote from: Dingo on June 09, 2016, 10:09:58 AM

EDIT:  Now 27 in a row.  The Hub is the reason without a doubt,  well I thinkl so  biggrin  27 X 30,000 = 810,000 in one hour and 10 minutes gotta love that.   I guess I am now a credit whore, is that what they call miners on the forums...... :rofl:

Its flying

Hmm I don't mean to be a wet blanket but I hope you are right Dingo. I think it might be a bit early to say yet.
Mine was running fine for most of the weekend then bang, 4 invalids which timed out after 2hrs each  :hbang:

Similar today by the looks. Runs fine most of the time and I've just come home to another wasted 2hrs.
http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/results.php?userid=6049&offset=0&show_names=0&state=5&appid=

That's why I don't get a steady BOINCstat credit score from day to day :( Only got 7.3Mil the other day instead of 11Mil.

Let's all hope a hub is the best outcome to resolve these issues  :thumbsup:

chooka03

I'm going to have to say that adjusting the voltage on the miner doesn't appear to fix the issue of getting stuck on some WU's.
Since increasing the voltage, I still get invalids. About the same as when it was at 0.62V.

http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/results.php?userid=6049&offset=0&show_names=0&state=4&appid=

The only reason some of these are 1800sec is because I hotplugged it.

Next try will be a hub...... eventually

Dingo

QuoteI'm going to have to say that adjusting the voltage on the miner doesn't appear to fix the issue of getting stuck on some WU's.
Since increasing the voltage, I still get invalids. About the same as when it was at 0.62V.

I have had 399 consecutive tasks complete without any errors since I put the miner in the powered hub.  I turned the power up very slightly before the hub arrived and it didn't seem to make a difference and tasks failed all the time.

So touch wood the Hub is the answer......   

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dataman

The two new Geckos arrived and I installed them. They started working immediately but one of them is running wu's in 9-10 min. where the other 5 are running them in 2-4 min. I will turn up the voltage on that one later. Right now I am just happy they are all running! I think I can do about 60 million/day now.  :dance: All slots are filled now on the hub but one is occupied by the receiver for the wireless keyboard/mouse. I think it will have to relocate to the back of the case to make room for miner #7.  :rofl:
:oz:

Our team now has 8 active miners and it shows in the credit scores. Come on Aussie come on.  :crazy

Dingo

Glad your miners arrived and are working out of the box.  Makes me think I should order another one but will have to see how the $$ go this fortnight. 

Radioactive@home graph

Daniel

QuoteOur team now has 8 active miners and it shows in the credit scores. Come on Aussie come on.

Yes, well done to all our bitcoin miners.  :congrats
We're now earning more credit per day than many of the teams ahead of us.
It will be interesting to see how high in the rankings we can get.
:rocks

chooka03

It's going to get better yet  ::) :thumbsup:

Dataman

"To flash or not to flash, that is the question. Whether it is nobler to dance in the brilliance of light or to remain cloaked in the darkness of obscurity."
I noticed this morning that 3 of the Gecko's flash and three do not.  ??? All are working great with no invalids for almost a week now. Rather odd.
Appears we may gain a team position in 8 days. :cheer1:
:greet

chooka03

That's strange DM  ???
I had 39 invalids yesterday  :thumbdown:

I don't mind the flashy light but then again my pc is on the floor and I can't really see it. For the time being till my hub arrives.
I'm really hoping the hub help run things more stable.

I also don't mind the flashy light as it reminds me of my old clubbing dayz......... but we won't go there  :wiggle:

Edit - We are crunching at 23rd highest daily amount as far as teams go. Should really overtake some slow pokes soon.

Dingo

I ordered three more today,  I can eat next fortnight :yahoo:

I had my best credit day ever today with 13,800,000 from one Gekko. 

Radioactive@home graph

chooka03

Quote from: Dingo on June 11, 2016, 12:24:01 PM
I ordered three more today,  I can eat next fortnight :yahoo:

I had my best credit day ever today with 13,800,000 from one Gekko. 

That's an excellent result Dingo!  :congrats
Kashi & I only seem to squeeze around 11Mil out of ours. I wonder if that because Kashi's unit is like mine and does the odd, stupidly long WU or maybe because you ordered that one from Europe was it?? With the different coloured heatsink.

I can see this team is coming out of nowwhere on the global ranks and will rocket into position.
It's quite amusing...... and fun filling sense of achievement......or maybe i need to get out more LOL  :rofl: :bloodshot

2 weeks till I see my hub  :faint:
Hoping that helps things.
:AUS: