News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kashi

Graph shows fall off is only 10-11% over last 2 months. Looks much more doesn't it? The reason: Misleading graph is misleading (very truncated y axis). Downward trend is real enough though so it doesn't really matter. Will probably fall much more when CPU and GPU apps are no longer available. Server status shows 100-200 still crunching CudaMiner and CPUMiner apps in last 24 hours.

Don't think they use much power so I'll keep mine going for a while. It's a bit like watching professional sport, even though the game is likely rigged, we can just suspend disbelief and enjoy the spectacle. I rarely drink, don't smoke or gamble, if I've had a bit of a flutter on these sticks, so what. I couldn't use it to buy more computers as they would use too much power.

That reminds me, just started assembling dual E5-2670 yesterday. Hopefully should get it going in the next week or so. :thumbsup:

chooka03

I've no doubt the numbers will drop when they cut off GPU users.
Like you DM, I'm keen on supporting worthy campaigns but I won't fund Henri either.

Dataman

QuoteMove over David Steel! lol
:rofl: I do not think David Steel has anything to worry about from me during this decade! I wish he would drop in for a chat.
v:

EDIT: The new miners were not delivered but I did get an email from the seller that he would check into the invalid tracking #.

JugNut

Quote from: Dataman on July 13, 2016, 12:33:10 AM
QuoteMove over David Steel! lol
:rofl: I do not think David Steel has anything to worry about from me during this decade! I wish he would drop in for a chat.
v:

EDIT: The new miners were not delivered but I did get an email from the seller that he would check into the invalid tracking #.

Don't worry dataman i'm sure you'll get them eventually.  I've had a few miners take well over a month to arrive.   

If you remember a few months ago I was desperately trying to find ways to cut back on crunching costs,  now instead i've added 1x Bi-Fury, 2x raspberry Pi's, 3x Antminer U 3's & 5x Gekko's.  *LOL* I give up. 
I have one more U3 and a USB HUB on order but  that's it,  the piggy bank is officially empty.

At the moment only 2 of the Gekko's are working. As for the others, well 1 of them is dead, another one seems dead but I have hope for it at least & the last one seems to work fine i'm waiting for a new  hub for it and to be able to test the others as well.  The hub I have on order is a 7 port Superpbag like some of you guys have. I bought it through a forward Shipper called Hop.Shop.Go which is run by Paypal. Boy those forward shippers are straight out thieves.

As for David Steel, Boinc stats seem to show him as as team #1 but that isn't quite true.
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/list/0/0/e5cad8c6fa8c91b81bd8408c4428d8df#1

95% of his credits have came from Bitcoin Utopia. Of course thats not a problem(especially these days) but what is a problem is he doesn't crunch BU for boinc@Australia instead he crunch's for a team called "Bitcoin Australia".  After saying that i'm almost positive he would have crunched bitcoin Utopia for our team "if" we would of had a team at the time,  which of course we didn't.

The mix up is not his fault it's the fault of Boinc Stats in the way they do there stats formula's.  You see for the majority of his other projects he has cruched for Boinc@Australia,  so Boinc Stats has just lumped the total of all his projects together.  Why? Well I can only guess, but if you look at anyones combined total you will see them as member of just one team even if you are a member of multiple teams.  The team that is chosen to be on combined total page will be either the first team you've joined or the team you joined  the most accross all your projects.  For some reason your combine total can only show one team.
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/detail/3062
But he has alway crunched BU for another team
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/144/user/list/0/0/2026#1

But your right Dataman there are a few big hitters that for some reason never visit the teams home page. Why?  I really don't know why?
And by the way I think Chooka is right,  at the rate your going it's inevitable that you'll catch him sooner or later

The team is doing well we moved up 4 places and are like a hungry pack of lions, soon our next snack will be the Christian's.  :rofl:
http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team/list/0/0#45

Sorry I couldn't help myself  :jester:  Have a good one. :wavey2:

Dataman

QuoteThe team is doing well we moved up 4 places and are like a hungry pack of lions, soon our next snack will be the Christian's.  :rofl:

Sorry I couldn't help myself  :jester:  Have a good one. :wavey2:

I was going to say on the last Team Milestone post that we are about to nail them to the cross ... but I refrained ... until now.  :rofl:

EDIT: Still no new ants and no answer from the seller. My hopes are diming.  :thumbdown:

JugNut

Quote from: Dataman on July 13, 2016, 11:31:39 PM
QuoteThe team is doing well we moved up 4 places and are like a hungry pack of lions, soon our next snack will be the Christian's.  :rofl:

I was going to say on the last Team Milestone post that we are about to nail them to the cross ... but I refrained ... until now.  :rofl:

EDIT: Still no new ants and no answer from the seller. My hopes are diming.  :thumbdown:

AWESOME!!   :thumbsup:  Good one Dataman  :rofl:

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on July 14, 2016, 12:01:01 AM
QuoteThe team is doing well we moved up 4 places and are like a hungry pack of lions, soon our next snack will be the Christian's.  :rofl:

I was going to say on the last Team Milestone post that we are about to nail them to the cross ... but I refrained ... until now.  :rofl:

The devil made me do it.  :jester:
I sent David Steel an email encouraging him to join our BU team. He can be contacted via the BU mail option. Would be a nice addition as we only have 8 active miners.
v:

JugNut

Quote from: Dataman on July 14, 2016, 01:34:00 AM
Quote from: JugNut on July 14, 2016, 12:01:01 AM

The devil made me do it.  :jester:
I sent David Steel an email encouraging him to join our BU team. He can be contacted via the BU mail option. Would be a nice addition as we only have 8 active miners.
v:

Yes he would.  Nice try DM  :thumbsup:

kashi

Yes David Steel would add nicely to our few BU members. Calin is also crunching Bitcoin Utopia without a team.

Wouldn't give up on the Antminers just yet, freight from China can take a very long time to Australia, could be similar from China to America.

Overtaking Christians eh:

What does Jesus do at the gym?
Cross training

How does Moses make his coffee?
Hebrews it.

Who was the greatest comedian in the Bible?
Samson. He brought the house down.

What brand of car did the Apostles drive?
Honda... because the apostles were all in one Accord.

Need an ark?
I noah guy.

Dataman

Quote from: kashi on July 14, 2016, 02:53:38 AM
Yes David Steel would add nicely to our few BU members. Calin is also crunching Bitcoin Utopia without a team.

Wouldn't give up on the Antminers just yet, freight from China can take a very long time to Australia, could be similar from China to America.

Cross training

Hebrews it.

Need an ark?
I noah guy.
:rofl: Oh my, we have reached a new low now.  :rofl:
I will try to email Calin.
EDIT: Both PM's were successfully sent so we shall see what happens.

Dingo

I have been waiting since 8 Jun for a package by China Mail which contains my USB Fans.  The tracking number did not find anything either but the tracking page on amazon.ca shows it should be here by 21 July.  Must be on a slow steamer from China to Canada..

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

HAHAHA :rofl: you guys are a crack up. :crazy

I concur, freight from China is REALLY slow. Many weeks. That's why we refer to "on the slow boat from China" at work. (Our parts are made in China....like everything else)
We'll overtake Bitcoin Australia soon anyway.

GTG to work. Have a good day all :)

JugNut

Quote from: kashi on July 14, 2016, 02:53:38 AM

Cross training

Hebrews it.

Need an ark?
I noah guy.

Oh kashi your a bad,  bad man.   But still I almost wet myself laughing  :rofl: :rofl:  Good one buddy  :thumbsup:

Since we're on a theme,  check these out.(yes they are basically clean)  I was going to cut & paste a few but naa they'd take up to much space.  enjoy.. 
http://www.laughfactory.com/jokes/religious-jokes

Dataman

Fun and games with my missing Ants. The seller supposedly reshipped them. But instead of using DHL (4 day delivery) he shipped them by GuangDongShengShenZhenShi  (say that fast 3 times  biggrin ) which has a 23 day delivery (by wind powered Chinese junk  :jester:). Tried to look up the tracking number (after translating the page) and got a popup stating tracking is valid only inside China. It will be snowing here before I get them ... if ever. Mentally I have written them off. If they show up I will be pleasantly surprised.
:greet

chooka03

I really feel for all the people who bought great video cards to rack up their massive BU scores...... only to have the project stop supporting GPU's.
There's a lot of people not producing any credits anymore. Only those of us with ASIC devices are left.