News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

Your doing the right thing chooka,  i'm sure yours is not the first bad review he has had.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Last week was a disaster on the mining front for me. One array keeps failing and I awake to find it has been doing nothing all night.  :panic:
Over the weekend I tried an experiment and put all 14 gecko's on one machine that was doing nothing but mining. I could only get one of the arrays to work and it stopped within a few hours so I had to switch back.   :pcwhack: This has reduced my BU credits by half. I think the green lizards are possessed by demons.  biggrin The U3's crunch on without problems
Meanwhile I have enough credits in the PV jail at PG to reach 100 million so I have stopped all of the GPU's. I want to put everything on Asteroids but to do this I need to isolate the miners on one machine. Not sure why my experiment did not work but I didn't have time to investigate (Karen had another task list for me  :jester: ).
Still hot here but a chance of a shower or two by the end of the week.
Crunch on mates ...
:greet

Dingo

Dataman I was away from home and turned off my PC while I was away.  It is the one I have my miners attached to so I had a couple of days without Bitcoin credit as well.  Mine seem to be taking a little bit longer to complete work units but in the whole all four are still crunching up a storm.  On the one PC I have six POGS CPU tasks, one Einstein GPU and the four miners running on a powered hub and all is good except when it is really hot.  :rocks    I have two dedicated servers on the web that crunch 24/7 on POGS.  One is my web server for dingo-den.com and the other I use to backup the web server.  I use the SoYouStart company as they have Linux servers in Canada for a reasonable price.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Mining Tip of the Day: A hemostat works great to remove hot stick miners from an array!
Burnt my fingers (again!) and found a solution to the problem. Also found out why I was having problems with one array. The power switch on the hub had been inadvertently turned off. I blame the cat for that but it was probably me.  biggrin
The weather is great here in the foothills. Fall is usually the best weather of the year.

Dataman

What's up with BU? Yesterday Campaign #7 was 30%+ and today it is 105% and Henri has closed it down.  ???  Only two are still running; MW @ 77% and SRBase at 41%. No other news. The future looks bleak.

Dataman

Dataman

Calin (Romania) has joined us at BU.  :welcome1: Calin

kashi

chooka03

dyeman

HaHa just found this - what a laugh - great to see y'all having fun :-).  

Where I live we have a lot of gekkos - they are asian gekkos (have outcompeted the native species).  One of their claims to fame is blowing up electrical things on the way to gekko heaven. (make sure they aren't living in your air conditioner).  There must be a moral here somewhere...  

I'm surprised I'm still hanging on to the team top 10 without a single gekko :compbash:

I've got my own solution to BU madness - turn off gekkos in BoincStats, and get stuck into FAH - a benevolent dictatorship where All Points Are Equal :-)

Of course I'll always be back for the AAs :AUS:

Folding Stats

Dataman

One of my lizards is either "pining for the fiords" or it is dead.

kashi

Nah, it's just stunned. By the way, are you interested in a slug that can talk?  :crazy

JugNut

It must be a mass extinction event as one of my ants just bit the dust also.  :faint:

I'm now using a spare ant i've kept as a replacement. The reason I havn't used is it's a secondhand one that's seems to be on it's last legs, it has to be reset 3 or 4 times a day so i'm not sure how long it will last.  But i'm not buying anymore unless it's an out & out bargain.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Talking slugs? Dead ants and lizards? Must be a storm of stray neutrinos.  :panic:

Nope not pining or stunned ... seriously dead. Windows no longer detects 7 but only 6.  But which one is dead? That is the question.  ???

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on September 10, 2016, 10:12:22 AM
It must be a mass extinction event as one of my ants just bit the dust also.  :faint:

I'm now using a spare ant i've kept as a replacement. The reason I havn't used is it's a secondhand one that's seems to be on it's last legs, it has to be reset 3 or 4 times a day so i'm not sure how long it will last.  But i'm not buying anymore unless it's an out & out bargain.
I am not buying anymore either. I still think BU is on its last legs and all the stick miners will be relegated to the junk drawer. But the team numbers are awesome while it lasts.
v: