News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on January 22, 2017, 08:50:28 AM
Lets say you where in an horrific accident where through some miracle of science you were saved from death but had to eat & talk through your butt hole? Something tells me you would not think of yourself as any stronger?  LOL What do you think?
I know a lot of people who talk out of their butt. In fact, one of them is running my country now!

Wow, my best day ever at 607,207,015 credits. The 3 r-boxes are on full afterburner with hash rates up to 114 GH/s.  :yahoo: When I get the 2 U3's installed I may get to 3/4 billion/day.  :shock

Got one lead from a forum that my R4 problem may be caused by a weak/failing PSU. I have been using the 750W Dell that came with it. It is rather beat up. The R4 uses 600W. Today I will remove it and install 4 new power cables and a brand new ATX EVGA 1000W Platinum.
:fingers

More rain and high winds today. Will someone FedEx us a box of Spring?

Dataman

It Works!
:yes
Good News:I changed the PSU and rebooted and Win 10 ID'ed it as 4 miners and loaded WINUSB. I started BU and it is running 4 wu's. Also good news is the old PSU was producing about 65% of the noise. The EVGA is almost silent. The R4 is quieter now.

Bad News: One blade is completing at 100 Gh/s and one at 83 Gh/s. The other two do not seem to be working as they have been running for 45 min. All 4 blades have red power lights but only one has a blinking blue hashing light. I am going to let it run for a bit and see if all 4 blades complete wu's. Then I will take it down and replace the 4 USB-MSU cables with my new gold plated Mini-USB cables. I know the hub is good. I will also replace the main USB cable but I cannot find one just now.

I am so excited it is working I almost had to change my skivvies!  :rofl:

:dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

EDIT: See pic. Got to get it off the floor. Not exactly a plug-and-play, user-friendly device.  :rofl: All 4 blades have completed wu's.

EDIT 2: Changed the cables and all 4 blades have blue hashing lights.  :yahoo:

[attachment deleted by admin]

kashi

Great you got it working.  v:
Very impressive, looks like some sinister contraption of a mad scientist. Showing off a nicely turned leg too.

Blue hash lights, aha, a house of blue lights:

Lace up your your boots and a-broom on down
To a knocked-out shack on the edge of town
An eight-beat combo that just won't quit
Keep a-walking till you see a blue light lit
Call in there and you'll see some sights
At the house, the house, the house of blue lights
There's fryers and broilers and Detroit barbecue ribs
But the treat of the treats
Is when they serve you all those fine eight-beats
You're gonna spend the rest of your brights
Down at the house, the house, the house of blue lights

Now we have a time and we cut some rugs
And we dig those tunes like they should be dug
A real home-coming for all the cats
Just shimmy down the path of the welcome mat
Call in there and you'll see some sights
At the house, the house, the house of blue lights

Dataman

haha Kashi. Karen said it was butt-ugly. All the Rock's are going full bore. I think they do better when they get warm.
v:

JugNut

Awesome stuff Dataman  :thumbsup:
WoW.. I just checked your really moving some numbers now!!  :crazy

What do you think the problem with R-boxes was? Did you change their PSU's and USB cables too?

chooka03

Well done Dataman!
You know...I gotta laugh...... WAAAAY back in the day, a number of people here were very ANTI Bitcoin..... now look.....The world's energy consumption has doubled and I think it's from all the B/U users  :jester:

Are there any more units other than the U3's your waiting for DM?

Also, any plans on building a mini nuclear reactor beside the house to power all this stuff?? :crazy

Dataman

@JN: The problem with the r-boxes was cables. When I changed to the red EVGA cables they took off. You need to put up an Avalon 6 so you can teach me how to do it.  :jester:       :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I know nothing about a RPi.

@Chooka: Just two more U3's that arrive today. Should put me close to a Billion/day. The power is not that bad ... less than GPU's. The R4 may change that as it is 600W.

I guess the R4 had to warm up. It is doing 4 wu's every 12 minutes.  :dance: The seller has more available ($60 + $50 shipping ... they weight about 5 kg). They ship from Canada.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockminer-R4-500-Gh-s-/122303361177?hash=item1c79d93099:g:WlMAAOSwt5hYcmH3

Note: The picture he shows is a T1 not an R4. You get what I show in my pic above. It was already cabled and a 750W (albeit dead) PSU. The T1 is 900 Gh/s and takes 8 power feeds and ~ 1,200W  :shock Every cruncher shoud buy one.  :jester:

:greet

JugNut

Wow that's cheap!! But one of if not the biggest problems we have here in Oz is the cost of power,  and another 750 watt's worth of juice would be more than my electrical system or pocket could handle plus they don't sell internationally(although that could be over come).  If I could get a few smaller units I could regulate the load better as i'm doing now.

I'm still on the lookout for something that might do the trick but as yet nothing has come close that fits my needs.  Mmm you know can do a zillion credit a day,  is cheap,  and only draws a few watts.
Yea I know i'm dreaming but something a tad closer to those ridiculously lofty goals would be nice though. Then again if I shut down all the other miners? Then maybe?  The thing is I don't wont to stop doing any of my other crunching,  to me that would be counter productive.

I keep looking.  Crunch-on   

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on January 24, 2017, 02:04:14 AM
Wow that's cheap!! But one of if not the biggest problems we have here in Oz is the cost of power,  and another 750 watt's worth of juice would be more than my electrical system or pocket could handle plus they don't sell internationally(although that could be over come).  If I could get a few smaller units I could regulate the load better as i'm doing now.

I'm still on the lookout for something that might do the trick but as yet nothing has come close that fits my needs.  Mmm you know can do a zillion credit a day,  is cheap,  and only draws a few watts.
Yea I know i'm dreaming but something a tad closer to those ridiculously lofty goals would be nice though.

I keep looking.  Crunch-on  
I understand completely mate. There was some method to my madness. In the summer I cannot run the r-boxes/R4 due to heat. But I can run the lizards and ants. True, I cannot run CPU and GPU wu's. The CPU jobs interfere with the miners and the miners lose. GPU wu's work but sends my power bill through the roof. (probably > $1,000/month.) But now I have some flexibility. Crunch on mate!
:cheers:

Dataman

Quote from: chooka03 on January 23, 2017, 05:43:12 PM
WAAAAY back in the day, a number of people here were very ANTI Bitcoin.
I was one of them and to some extent still am. I think the credits are obscene and not in the spirit of what BOINC is. However, I got tired of seeing our team slide from #9 to #49 so I held my nose, closed my eyes and jumped to the dark side to become a credit whore. Like it or not, to be a major player a team must crunch BU.

True story: As you might imagine I was quite excited when I got the R4 stable. After I fixed it I got Karen to admit that it was quieter and did not bother her. She paused for a moment and said, "We are not going to end up with one of these in every room of the house are we?" "No, I said but I am going to install two more U3's." Another pause. "Those are the cute ones in the cages?" I nodded. "Good", she said, "They are quiet and don't blink."
The Lady knows her bitcoin miners.  :rofl:
I think she is so pleased that I did not die a couple of years ago that she is willing to put up with my weird hobby. Come to think of it, I am rather damn happy I didn't die either!!  :rofl:
I am lucky to have her in my life.  :love  

Dingo

Just looked at the Fedex tracking and not getting my two new miners till tomorrow now.  :cry

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

I am lucky to have her in my life.  :love  

LOL Dataman... you go your Lovely smile  :rofl:
Nice one Dingo.

At least you're in the States Dingo..... Mine is coming from Croatia to Australia! Doesn't get much further I think. :)

Dataman

Got one of the new U3's installed. It is causing some sporadic errors:
   195 (0xc3) EXIT_CHILD_FAILED
Will look into it later.
Otherwise a 3/4 Billion credit day is not bad ...  :wink
:greet

Dingo

Got my U3's, the ones in the cage, this morning.  Had to reboot windows 10 a couple of times to get the WINUSB driver to take in both of them but seems to be OK now after I remembered to change the cc_config.xml up from 4 to 6 ASICS

<coproc>
            <type>miner_asic</type>
            <count>6</count>
            <peak_flops>0.000000</peak_flops>
            <device_nums>0 1 2 3 4 5</device_nums>
        </coproc>

One is running faster than the other.  I think the one plugged into the powered hub is running quicker but hard to see which one is which.  I have an empty port on the wired hub but it kept dropping out after a minute or two so I just plugged it into the PC USB port.

One ran in 1,827.26 milliseconds and the other one took almost twice as long at 3,468.51 milliseconds .

Will keep an eye on them and see if I need another powered hub or another USB cable ?

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on January 25, 2017, 07:16:42 AM
Got my U3's, the ones in the cage, this morning.  Had to reboot windows 10 a couple of times to get the WINUSB driver to take in both of them but seems to be OK now after I remembered to change the cc_config.xml up from 4 to 6 ASICS

<coproc>
            <type>miner_asic</type>
            <count>6</count>
            <peak_flops>0.000000</peak_flops>
            <device_nums>0 1 2 3 4 5</device_nums>
        </coproc>

One is running faster than the other.  I think the one plugged into the powered hub is running quicker but hard to see which one is which.  I have an empty port on the wired hub but it kept dropping out after a minute or two so I just plugged it into the PC USB port.

One ran in 1,827.26 milliseconds and the other one took almost twice as long at 3,468.51 milliseconds .

Will keep an eye on them and see if I need another powered hub or another USB cable ?
Good Dingo. Un-powed hubs just don't seem to work. I put 4 U3's on one and all four failed. Just switched them to ports on the PC and all are working but one of them keeps throwing out errors. I think I will kill the running one and reboot (again).
Hey thanks for the love smiley.  :wink