News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

@Dataman.  I assume that RPI is a Raspberry PI 2 so this post might help from the Raspberry thread.  http://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?topic=1352.msg41430#msg41430

If it is a new one it should start straight out the box and you might just need to load BOINC.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on January 30, 2017, 06:57:38 AM
@Dataman.  I assume that RPI is a Raspberry PI 2 so this post might help from the Raspberry thread.  http://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?topic=1352.msg41430#msg41430

If it is a new one it should start straight out the box and you might just need to load BOINC.

Cool, thanks. It is used. I formatted a 32 G SD card and downloaded Raspbian. I think I have all the other stuff to config. it. I have an old TV with a HDMI port so hope that works. Don't get the RPi until late next week so should be good to go when it arrives. Will try some Einstein on it. The tutorials on the Rasberry site are quite good.

Dataman

I identified the U3 that was not hashing well. Totally by accident, I noticed it had a 6A power supply. The other three have 8A power supplies. I changed the 6A to 8A and it is hashing well.  :thumbsup: Still do not know if the one from the flea market is good. It powers up with 6A but I do not have any spare USB cables or another 8A PSU. Yet another order to Amazon ...  :rofl:
:greet

Dingo

It would be good if we could see which is which when they are running / or not.  Good pickup on the power supply though.  I only have two U3's and Windows 10 kept overwriting the driver.  I did the same fix as the other one and reverted the driver in Device Manager and said the Windows one did't work and it has been running well for two days.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on February 01, 2017, 04:10:43 PM
It would be good if we could see which is which when they are running / or not.  Good pickup on the power supply though.  I only have two U3's and Windows 10 kept overwriting the driver.  I did the same fix as the other one and reverted the driver in Device Manager and said the Windows one did't work and it has been running well for two days.

I have the same Win10 problem every time it updates it loads silbaster (sp?) instead of WinUSB. Sometime it loads one miner with one driver and the other one with the old driver. Last update I got 3 with WinUSB and 1 with silbaster. I have to check each time.

Got my mojo working today. 1,353,737,402  :yes

EDIT: @Dingo I am just curious. We both got two U3's from the same seller. One of mine is 8A and the other was 6A. What did yours come with?

Dingo

@Dataman  Both mine are OUTPUT 12V 7.5 amp.    I had this problem on both mine and then I went to the control Panel/ Device Manager and found that  silbaster driver was there.  On the "Driver" tab I clicked "Roll Back Driver" and it chugged along a bit then produced a screen and asked why I wanted to roll back.  I selected the top option which is some like the driver does not work or something.  After a Reboot the WINUSB driver was back and it hasn't changed back to slbaster since I did it. 

I had my biggest day ever yesterday when both the U3's were working all day and achieved 295,200,000 just on Bitcoin.  Makes a big difference when they both work.

Radioactive@home graph

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on February 02, 2017, 06:33:06 AM
@Dataman  Both mine are OUTPUT 12V 7.5 amp. 
Haha too weird. Good information thought. 6A works but not well. Both 7.5A & 8A work well. Thanks.

Dingo

I see there is now American Cancer Society (Campaign #15) open with work.

Radioactive@home graph

JugNut

Hey all, today looks like it will be another golden bitcoin day,  so everyone should do well today.
Not sure whats going on with the credits at BU at the moment, it used to be just once every month or two you'd get a golden day where you'd get 25% more credit than you should have. Now there's been 5 days out the last 10 that have been golden days and by more than 25% too.  By rights I should not get any more than +/- 350 mil a day but today already I have 416 mil & yesterday 836 and the day before 500 mil.  It is happening to everyone so in that regard I guess it's fair?

Mmm then again maybe I should shut my yapper & listen to the old saying? "never look a gift horse in the mouth" LOL

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

I agree. I should be at ~900 mill. Yesterday I did 1.5 Billion. ? Run times seem to be decreasing. For example, when I first installed the U3's they took about 55 min/wu. Now they run in about 27 min. Same miner; same wu but much different run times. I'll take it though.  :wink

JugNut

Hey DM, yea the U3's should take just under 30mins when there running at full speed.  I have only one left that runs at full speed the other 3 run half speed and take about 55 mins like some of yours.  I think half the chips have failed in them.  Changing USB slots, cables & PC's doesn't bring them back to full speed. I'm glad my rockminer 2 is still firing well.   
My daily credit should be tanking but thanks to the golden bitcoin it's skyrocketing.

LOL All hail the golden bitcoin  :worship

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on February 04, 2017, 01:24:11 AM

LOL All hail the golden bitcoin  :worship
... and it certainly helps our team position.  :wink

Dataman

:cry My $5 flea market U3 is D*E*A*D.  :cry Red light comes on, fan spins but Win10 does not recognize it even as an unknown device. Oh, well.
:greet

Dingo

In device manager did you try looking to see if it is hidden ?  Control Panel/Device Manager /View/Hidden  One of my U3's ended up there because it did not have a driver or the driver was corrupt.  Might be lucky  :niceday

Radioactive@home graph

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on February 05, 2017, 06:26:02 AM
In device manager did you try looking to see if it is hidden ?  Control Panel/Device Manager /View/Hidden  One of my U3's ended up there because it did not have a driver or the driver was corrupt.  Might be lucky  :niceday
Thanks but it is not there either.  :thumbdown:
Got the RPi and got it up and running and updated. Loaded the BOINC app but have not attached to a project yet. Am sharing an Ethernet cable with another PC. Have to pull a separate cable but if I get caught in the hall with a coil of cable over my arm I am in BIG TROUBLE!  :rofl: Will have to wait until she is otherwise occupied.  :jester:
:love