News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

You really are getting into it, good luck with the new farm and  :holy-moly 2 Tb a day is HUGE.   :bravo

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

Quote from: Dataman on February 14, 2017, 02:02:36 AM
(Hint: I bought a 5-tier rack and I will be consolidating the rockminers and replacing the U3's and Gecko's with ........ snicker, snicker.)  :wink
:greet

Butterfly labs Imperial Monarch 1 TH/s??  :crazy

JugNut

:wink
Quote from: chooka03 on February 14, 2017, 05:40:07 PM
Quote from: Dataman on February 14, 2017, 02:02:36 AM
(Hint: I bought a 5-tier rack and I will be consolidating the rockminers and replacing the U3's and Gecko's with ........ snicker, snicker.)  :wink

Butterfly labs Imperial Monarch 1 TH/s??  :crazy

Are you guessing chooka?  or has DM let the details slip?

@DM: Don't leave us hanging mate?  Spill the beans already.  :BigGrin

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

OK, since you asked ...  :BigGrin

2 x these:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=677056.0

"El Diablo" will have:
3 x Rockminer New R-Box @ ~110 GH/s each
1 x Rockminer R4 @ ~ 500 GH/s
2 x Rockminer Rocket RK @ ~480 GH/s each
13 x Gecko Science @ ~1.6 GH/s each

4 x Raspberry Pi crunching Collatz
1 x Server i7 980 (w/ 2 x EVGA GTX 970)

I do not know if I will restart the U3's. Testing their wattage at the wall I found they waste (as heat) a lot of electricity converting 110V to 5V/7.5A.

The new rack arrives today (some assembly required  :wink ) and the Rockets arrive the middle of next week. Cabling is a nightmare but I will take my time and try to make it tidy. Power consumption for El Diablo will be ~ 3,500W at the wall.  :holy-moly but I can shut down 2 other servers (~ 2,000 W) so the net is not as bad as one might think. WARNING: When I fire it up the lights may dim on the West coast of California.  :jester:

I am having fun ....  :golf

JugNut

Oh my glory!!!    :bravo on your excess,  DM  :worship   I'm not sure whether to be horrified or jealous? LOL

My personal stat's

Dingo

:holy-moly Looks like it might be techno disco in the room as they have blue lights and the Gecko' flash.  There is a Youtube Video in Chinese  but it is sub titled and looks like the installation to a Raspberry is quite simple.

Good luck put up a photo when they are all hooked up and running.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Dataman

Quote from: Dingo on February 15, 2017, 05:29:30 AM
:holy-moly Looks like it might be techno disco in the room as they have blue lights and the Gecko' flash.  There is a Youtube Video in Chinese  but it is sub titled and looks like the installation to a Raspberry is quite simple.

Good luck put up a photo when they are all hooked up and running.
Good video. Is the potted plant a necessity or an accessory?  :rofl: I will post a pic when done.
I cannot run them at BU on a RPi. There is a procedure but it is lengthy and you have to do it each time you reboot or restart BOINC.

Dataman

I just put "El Diablo" back online. The small pic does not do it credit to the enormity but you get the idea. I still have some cable management to do but I completely ran out of small wire ties. Need to put the side cover on the server so it does not look like it just committed seppuku.  :wink
This has been a lot of fun ... now we shall see what numbers it produces.
:golf

Dingo

Looks good and let the credits start rolling in.  I am a bit jealous but I have had my time, now just need to go with the flow and do what I can.  It will be interesting to see how much your credits per Day jump.  :bravo

Radioactive@home graph

JugNut

:congrats01 that's an awesome looking setup you got there Dataman.  :thumbsup:

My personal stat's

Dataman

Thanks JN and Dingo. I got 1,585,305,326 on the first 3/4 day of operation. Can it do 2 billion/day? Should be able to tell tomorrow.  :fingers

chooka03

WOW...super impressive.
I wonder how much Bitcoin you would pull in if it weren't being donated to projects. I see the price hit an all time high.

:oz:

Dataman

If anyone is interested:
I got the following eBay email from asmidl3 in Croatia

"Respect
Are you interested in buying antminer u3 have in stock 50 pieces
Price depends on the amount that would have taken
for further details contact message"

He is known to be a reputable seller. I do not know if he has them listed or is selling them outside eBay. His international shipping rate was $35 USD on the ones he had listed before.

Well, it looks like the new array has settled down to doing ~20 BU wu's every 20 minutes.  :crazy Took a sneak peek at PG&E this AM ...  :faint:

chooka03

Some HUGE numbers there Dataman!  :faint:

Thanks for the message about the U'3s. Personally, I'm done. Definitely no more Bitcoin hardware for me. (Just noticed I got the same email.  sigh...wish I could afford more but I have to say no :()

Edit - wow..lets call a spade, a spade..DM you are now contributing WELL over HALF the teams daily credits! 5th fastest daily credits with daylight between us and 6th.
:bravo

Thank you! :USA1

Daniel

I recieved the email as well.
I've ordered 2 more.