News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 30, 2016, 12:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

I guess all we can do is crunch till the tasks stop.  I am offline till the 19th of April as my PC is packed up ready to move to my RV resort.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

LOL...(not really laughing...just shaking my head)

I guess it was always a risk buying equipment for this project but some people have spend hundreds of $$$. I guess the flip side is, any of us could start actually mining BC for ourselves but I don't think it will be worthwhile with my small ASIC miners and 1 x U3.
Actually, one of my Gecko's is on the way out which will then leave me with just one out of the 5 I bought. The others will go in the bin shortly.

I called Sidehacks bluff when he offered to fix them for me. When I pressed him for a price, I heard nothing back. Personally I think he might be a good entrepreneur but has a poor customer service attitude. He's certainly not a businessman I'd want to deal with again.

Dataman

Campaign #12 Free-DC will reach 100% today. One down, three to go.
:greet

Dataman

Campaign #12 has ended. Free-DC should get the money in a couple of days.
Well mates, the weather is heating up around these parts and it is getting a might toasty in the server room. I need to recover two PSU's to complete the rebuilt of 2 LINUX servers as well. Today I will shut down the New R-boxes (4 blades). In about a week I will shut down the R-3 (4 blades). I plan to run the other 21 blades until BU ends or it gets too hot but I probably will have to shut them all down by the end of May. I will store the the RK "Rockets" and the R-3 but will probably try to sell the rest this summer.
I am looking forward to getting back to CPU/GPU crunching again in June.

Dataman

Dataman

My R3 shut down due to high temp today so I took it off line.   :compbash:
I do not think I will make it until BU shuts down. It is already 30.3 C today.  :thumbdown: Spring this year was about a week long.  :cry
On the bright side, I have repaired and refurbished 7 of the 8 machines. I will work on the last one tomorrow if I get time. Can you believe it? I had to replace 13 fans in 8 cases. BOINC still does not like the GPU drivers on the Linux machines but they are just single GTX 460's so it is not a priority yet. Have some more learning to do.

Dataman

Campaign #10 had ended, Campaign #5 is at 87% and campaign#15 is at 22%. The end is near.

Dingo

Yes the end is near.  I am trying to get 10 Billion in #15 before it stops and have almost 7.5 Billion now.  It has been a great credit project and the only conciliation about crunching it is that it helps fund project and the Cancer council so not all bad.  I guess I should have started a long time earlier !! :rocks

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

You should be able to make it Dingo. The Bitcoin price fell today and Campaign 10 dropped from 104% complete to 90% complete. I am trying for 300 billion but that will take until June 2nd ... it will depend on price whether or not there are enough wu's left.

Dataman

The bubble burst and Bitcion price dropped ~$700 USD. Appears BU will keep going for a bit more.
:bloodshot

JugNut

Sheesh!!! I was reading an article the other day that said it had hit an all time high of $2K. 
It sure is on a roller coaster ride at the moment.  :faint:

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on May 28, 2017, 03:28:02 AM
Sheesh!!! I was reading an article the other day that said it had hit an all time high of $2K.  
It sure is on a roller coaster ride at the moment.  :faint:
Yep, it topped at $2700 USD and change but has been in free fall the last two days. More wu's for us.  :wink

https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/bitcoin

JugNut

Quote from: Dataman on May 28, 2017, 03:31:18 AM
Yep, it topped at $2700 USD and change but has been in free fall the last two days. More wu's for us.  :wink

LOL Always looking on the bright side eh DM?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXyRsOQ9Is

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on May 28, 2017, 04:16:24 AM
Quote from: Dataman on May 28, 2017, 03:31:18 AM

LOL Always looking on the bright side eh DM?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXyRsOQ9Is

LOL ... that's because I can't see in the dark.  :rofl:

Dataman

Campaign #15 has ended early at Blurf's request due to the sinking prices.
:panic: