News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

BOINC electricity usage

Started by chooka03, July 13, 2016, 04:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JugNut

I'm sorry to hear DM. Hopefully just a knee jerk reaction in the markets and there'll soon settle.
Although i'm glad things aren't as bad as you first thought.

As for us in Australia we are heavily reliant on the US so it little surprise when the US sneezes we get a cold.

Who knows Trump may pull a rabbit out of his hat and surprise everyone?

I hope you don't have to give up crunching as you'll be sorely missed, but of course you have to do whats best for you and your family.  If you do have to stop crunching make sure your not a stranger and keep in touch. My best wishes go to you & your family.

Dingo

I don't think it is all doom and gloom.  I would have never voted for Trump but that said I think he will take advise more than thought as he has no experience.   The US is already in so much debt it is hard to see it getting worse. http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Wait for the fallout you will be missed from the Team but we all need to make our own choices.  Hope to see you still around.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dataman

Quote from: JugNut on November 10, 2016, 05:36:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear DM. Hopefully just a knee jerk reaction in the markets and there'll soon settle.
Although i'm glad things aren't as bad as you first thought.

As for us in Australia we are heavily reliant on the US so it little surprise when the US sneezes we get a cold.

Who knows Trump may pull a rabbit out of his hat and surprise everyone?

I hope you don't have to give up crunching as you'll be sorely missed, but of course you have to do whats best for you and your family.  If you do have to stop crunching make sure your not a stranger and keep in touch. My best wishes go to you & your family.

Actually the rest of the world is tanking but the US markets are doing great. I think it is the "Thank God the Election is Over" reaction. The other shoe is yet to drop. The DOW futures went from -800 to +200 right now. Friday will be the tell-tale day when investors decide what to take off the table before an uncertain weekend. I moved considerable equities to cash and gold today and will stay on the sideline until things sort. May not be the best move but better safe than sorry. If nothing else, we live in interesting times.  biggrin

Hell yes, I'll still be crunching. I have things down right now as we are switching from satellite TV to web based TV and I am installing the app on all machines. Then I am going to dump Dish Network. We seldom watch TV anyway. I took the opportunity to blow out the dust while I was at it. Should have what few machine I have left back to running tomorrow.

So? Who is going to meet us at the airport?  :rofl:

:greet

tazzduke

Ummm what didnt you get the tickets in the mail, am awaiting at the airport as we speak lol......Dataman and Mrs Dataman, where are you   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

AA 24 - 53 participant

Mike Mitchell

Quote from: JugNut on November 10, 2016, 05:36:44 AM

That's the part of Australian economics I don't understand. We're far more attached to the Japanese and even more so to the Chinese but don't give a toss about their elections and economics.

I'm beginning to suspect it's more Pavlovian than factual. Perhaps when today's kids are in business & government they wont even consider the DOW.

Half of economics (capitalism anyway) is human behaviour.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

chooka03

I was going to say Dataman....you probably didn't LOSE half a Mil $.... you probably GAINED half a mil$ + some!
DOW cracks 19K.   (Sorry....I'm a share trader in my spare time....absolutely LOVE stocks)

I did read a story in The Australian yesterday about the web traffic from US citizens still looking at places to live in Australia :) Noosa, Gold Coast etc.. I'll see if I can track down the article
We are happy to take US refugees  :cheer1:

Dataman

Is true ... but not nearly that much.  :wavey2:

Dingo

I was just looking online at my electricity usage here in Arizona and it is cheap compared to Australia.  Although I am in a RV and there is just one of me but the TV is on all day, even if I am not looking at it, plus the electric heater at night, plus the electric hot water and I have one PC running 24/7 at 100% with one GPU and four Geckos.  I can compare to see how much the U3's use as they have a daily graph to show usage and at 7.93 cents a Kwh not too bad.  Currently running at between 16 ($1.26) - 27 ($2.14) KWh per day depending on how long I have the  on.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

chooka03

I haven't run a GPU task since the last AA I think..... purely because the air con has been running overtime here and I'm scared of the next bill  :shock
It kills me to have the GPU off but I've done well to just focus on other projects for a while until summer passes.