News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Breast Cancer

Started by chooka03, January 23, 2017, 08:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

Hi Neil,

Thank you very much for your generousity! It means a lot.
The community here has been truly amazing. :greet

Glad to hear you have beaten the "Big C" mate! It certainly highlights the importance of telling people you love them on a daily basis...because once they are gone... you can't say it to them ever again.

Cheers
Andrew

UnKnownFateZ

Hi Chooka,

I'm so sorry to hear the news. I was just browsing the forum and came across this.
I was just wondering if there were any new updates?
I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

Stay strong man,

Best Wishes
Zach

chooka03

Hi Zach,

Once again I've been slack with the updates sorry  :thumbdown:

Well the good news is my sister has finished the last of her chemotherapy.  She looks like your typical chemo patient with the loss of hair etc and I think she's glad the chemo is over with. It's extremely taxing on the body.
Unfortunately she now starts DAILY radiation therapy.  I can't remember how long that's for but I'm seeing her today for my mum's 64th birthday so I'll ask and let you all know.

I believe they had to stop the chemo a little bit early due to Neuropathy
Definition - "Peripheral neuropathy is caused by damage to nerves, most commonly the sensory nerves (nerves that sense touch, heat or pain). As chemotherapy travels throughout the body to target and kill cancer cells, it can also cause damage to the nerve cells"

So basically she's losing feeling in her fingers & toes. Nicole also has quite a lot of fluid build up in her left arm due to having the lymph nodes removed on that side.
I think Nicole would just like to hurry up and get this over with. She really wants to find a job and get back to some normality in life.

She was very happy to hear from a youtube celebrity (I guess that's what you would call him..... he has 1.3Mil subscribers) that's she has spoken to over recent months. Stonemountain64 is a pretty funny guy and the world could use more humour. My sister's not MASSIVELY into computer/console games but she does have a great sense of humour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA2ihDhbWDk

Thanks for the words of support Zach!  :thumbsup:
The group here on this forum has been absolutely amazing  :worship

:rocks

chooka03

Radiation treatment is everyday for 5 weeks.  :thumbdown:

Mike Mitchell

Quote from: chooka03 on July 31, 2017, 04:49:16 AM
Radiation treatment is everyday for 5 weeks.  :thumbdown:

That really sucks.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

UnKnownFateZ

Hey Chooka,

I'm gad to hear she finished chemo as we all know what chemo does to people. I have never heard of it causing neuropathy though, that sounds horrible!

At least the radiation therapy isn't for a very long time, I'm sure she will be back to normal life soon, as she sounds like she is doing an awesome job fighting.

That's great that she has been talking to a really well known Youtuber! How did she get in touch? I went and watched a few of his videos and I agree, he is really funny, i'm sure his sense of humour would be appreciated. It's nice to know that there still are caring people around, I feel like this forum is full of them, which is amazing.

Keep us updated,
Zach

Dataman

Kicked in a bit more to Nicole. Tell her to spend  it on something totally foolish.  :rofl:

:greet

chooka03

Thank you Zach and Dataman!

Yes Zach...it is great to see some caring people still in the world and I feel most of them are here on this team!  :love

Dataman - I'll pass that message on.... thank you sooo very much from all of our family!

P.S..the little boy in this picture is my son :D
Loves his auntie Nicole. Especially when she was driving the excavators and bobcat around the property that they live on.

https://www.gofundme.com/nicoles-breast-cancer-fight?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_content=CTA_view_campaign&utm_campaign=donation_receiptv5

Neil G

Hi Chooka 

Just saw the latest on Nicole, and sent another contribution.  I never had chemo, but that radiation sure had weird side effects.  Nothing I couldn't handle tho.  Dataman has a bloody good idea suggesting she spends it on something frivolous - maybe some good Aussie Beer of her choice??  (only a suggestion, of course LOL).   :cheers:  All the Best to Her and Family!!   :BigGrin

Neil

chooka03

Thank you very much Neil, you're too kind!
:thumbsup:

JugNut

Thanks for the updates Chooka.   It's good to hear Nicole's treatment is progressing as planned and with the exception of her neuropathic pains all seems to be going as well as can be expected so far,  well at least under the circumstances anyway.  Although from what i've heard it's at least possible her neuropathy will slowly get better after her treatments are over & her body starts to return to normal,  of course there are never any guarantees with these types of things it just depends on what caused it & how bad the damage was,  but it is at least possible. 

I've have had peripheral neuropathy in my hands and in my lower legs & feet for the last 4 or 5 years,  although mine is caused by arthritis in my spine that's growing inwards & putting pressure on the nerves in the spinal column. So on that one level I do understand some of what she's going through.
As mentioned from what i've read that giving time many people do eventually get relief and I hoping that's how it goes for her.  There's still a way to go yet,  but I got my fingers & toes crossed everything works out the way she wants it too in the end.

Anyhoo.. all the best to you,  your sister & your family.. Greg

PS:  Please keep us informed.

PSS: I'll donate again as soon as I get some more funds.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

chooka03

A quick update from my sister....

"15 Radiation done ✅ 10 left. I have a big tanned square on my chest with a heap of new freckles on it. It's only a little tender when my bra or chicken fillet touches it all day but so far totally bearable. My pec muscle is tightening up but I stretch it daily to keep it from seizing.

The pain I had after surgery is worse with radiation but still bearable during the day. I'm not really tired too much yet however they tell me the first 2 weeks you feel nothing and I've done 3 weeks so far but it gets worse towards the end and just after. My Radiologist says my skin is looking great and handling it well. I'm still working hard with my exercise physiologist to regain my strength and be able to get back some of my normal self. Even though I've lost weight the only shirts I have that work with all of this are my work shirts.

My hair is growing back, although thin and some greys I had are actually turning brown again thank god. I'll post a pic soon. Thanks again for the support and words of encouragement. Nothing goes unnoticed by me. (Except when I was on chemo lots went unnoticed)."

So all in all Nicole is on the road to recovery. The end is in sight for the treatment and hopefully, some normality can return to her life.
Thank you to everyone for your support!!

Daniel

Thanks for the update chooka.
I'm glad things are going well for her.

JugNut

That's great Chooka, she sounds like she's well on her way. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

Mike Mitchell

Great to hear. Hope she continues to improve.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti