News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Breast Cancer

Started by chooka03, January 23, 2017, 08:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chooka03

Great news!!... (From my sister...)

"All CLEAR! No sign of cancer anywhere atm. I just have a larger saliva gland on the right that's benign and all fine just weird like me😂. Will be having a DO sometime soon at Brighwater hotel for anyone who wants to help me celebrate the end of a very long and hard year with good food and good company.
Time to try and get fitter so I can do what makes me happy & hopefully return to work in the new year. Thanks again for all the support peeps😘. Keep up the good vibes. It's still going to be a nervous next 5years after which my survival odds will go from 50% to 75or more! Can't wait."

A big thank you one more time to all of you here at TEAM BOINC AUSTRALIA! Your support and well wishes have been simply amazing and it's something I'll talk till my end of days. The generosity & kindness expressed here by people I've never had the privilege of meeting has been mindblowing :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to helping my sister both mentally & physically now to get her back on track and focused on future work..... and some fun of course. Because what's life without some fun to offset our tribulations.   :love

:rocks

P.S...If anyone would like to meet in QLD's Brightwater Hotel when we have a small shindig, please PM me and I'll send the details. You are more than welcome! :thumbsup:

Daniel

Great news chooka.
Thanks for posting.
:cheers:

Dingo

Fantastic news please wish her the best from me and the Team.

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Hurricane

https://valid.x86.fr/f3pegw
AMD Ryzen 7950X3D @ 4193.54 MHz, 1x Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 4080 SUPER.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3391.91 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7-5960X @ 3498.56 MHz, 1x NVIDIA TITAN X PASCAL. (Retired)
Intel Core i7 3960X @ 4513.26 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590. (Retired)
Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 4000.47 MHz, 1 x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra. (Retired)

Sean

Glad to hear she's doing well, thanks for the update Chooka

UnKnownFateZ

Awesome news Chooka!
So glad to hear

Mike Mitchell

Great news Chooka, glad to hear.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

tazzduke

Greetings Chooka

Excellent news to hear.

Thankyou for allowing us into a piece of your private life.  :wavey2:

AA 24 - 53 participant

Neil G

All the Best to Nicole (and you too) !!       v: v:

shift

My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer last month. She is 32.  She is going in to get all her lymph nodes remove next week because it was detected in some of the nodes that they took out last month. She hasn't even recovered yet from the first operation and she is going in for another one.  :thumbdown: After that she will start the chemo and then the radiation. No idea on time frame yet but from what I have been reading it seems like a long hard process. We already have two kids and weren't planning on anymore so at least we don't have that added cost of harvesting eggs like your sister Chooka. After the first operation we were feeling pretty positive and then a week later when they told us she would need chemo and another operation we have been pretty emotional. A family friend died from breast cancer and we keep thinking of her so it was good to read your sister's survival story.

JugNut

So sorry to hear Shift make sure to give her our best wishes and let us know if there's anything else that we can do to help.

All the best Greg.

- Participated in AA's 27 - 55 & Team Challenge # 1.
My team (Boinc@Australia) stat's
My personal stat's

Crunching today for a better tomorrow...

chooka03

Hi Shift,

I'm sorry to read about your wife's cancer.
Yes my sister also had the lymph nodes removed, chemo etc. It's been really tough for her and a similar age to your wife.
The biggest issue she has now is what they call cording -

https://www.healthline.com/health/axillary-web-syndrome

She wears a pressure bandage all the time and it's been very uncomfortable even after all this time.

Nicole's hair has grown back at least so she feels a little less...butch for lack of a better term :) But her hair has grown back curly...which is a bit funny even for her as she's always had straight hair. She has also picked up some temp work which is great but unfortunately my sister's outlook on life changed a bit afterwards and it's put a lot of pressure on her marriage. A real lot. Not to mention the financial strain of not being able to work.

The good news is she is cancer free now mate and it's onwards and upwards.

Life is precious and the guys here on this forum were unbelievably support (considering none of us have ever met) Likewise, if there's any was I can help please sing out. Even if your wife wanted someone to talk to about the process I'm happy to ask my sister if it helps remove any questions or fears.

Are you on the Boinc@Australia Facebook page?

Andrew D is me  :wave:

Daniel

Sorry to hear Shift.
I hope her treatment goes well.
As JugNut said, please pass on our best wishes.

Mike Mitchell

Terrible news Shift, sad to hear.

I wish your wife and you the very best.
AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Dataman

Bad news for certain. Best wishes for a full recovery. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Steve & Karen