News:

If you are a member of the Team on BOINC you still need to register on this forum to see the member posts.  The posts available for visitors are not posted to much by members.
 Remember to answer the questions when Registering and also you must be a active member of Team BOINC@AUSTRALIA on BOINC.

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 31, 2017, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Quote[Amicable Numbers] Beta test of part 3 of the 10^21 search
Part 2 of the 10^21 search will be over some time in March this year, so it's time to start getting ready for part 3! I found a few bugs in the current GPU applications that needed to be fixed (CPU applications are fine).

To make sure everything works as intended, I will launch a small beta-test of the part 3 search by the end of this week. The new work units will require ~2.5-2.7 GB RAM on CPU, and the same amount of RAM on GPU (for GPU applications), so the minimum requirement for GPUs will be 3 GB RAM.

The purpose of the test is to confirm that all OS/CPU/GPU combinations work properly and confirm that 3 GB GPUs can process the new work units.

View article · Mon, 22 Jan 2024 20:15:18 +0000

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dingo

Quote[Amicable Numbers] Part 3 of the 10^21 search has started
Part 2 of the 1021 search will be finished, for the most part, today. There are still ~2000 unfinished WUs which can take up to a couple of weeks to complete, depending on individual participants processing them.

Part 3 of the search will look for amicable pairs where the smaller member of the pair has its largest prime factor between 1011 and 1014:

m=m1*p, 1011 < p < 1014

There are too many primes larger than 1014 (all primes up to 5*1019 need to be checked), so they will require a different approach and a new application when the time comes.

Most of the participants have already started getting part 3 WUs. The new work units will require ~2.5-2.7 GB RAM on CPU, and the same amount of RAM on GPU (for GPU applications), so the minimum requirement for GPUs will be 3 GB RAM.

Right now I don't have an estimate on how long part 3 will take because I haven't accumulated enough statistics yet, and I haven't even finished generating all WUs for part 3.
View article · Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:24:42 +0000

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA