News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Project Update

Started by Dingo, January 31, 2017, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dingo

Quote[Amicable Numbers] Beta test of part 3 of the 10^21 search
Part 2 of the 10^21 search will be over some time in March this year, so it's time to start getting ready for part 3! I found a few bugs in the current GPU applications that needed to be fixed (CPU applications are fine).

To make sure everything works as intended, I will launch a small beta-test of the part 3 search by the end of this week. The new work units will require ~2.5-2.7 GB RAM on CPU, and the same amount of RAM on GPU (for GPU applications), so the minimum requirement for GPUs will be 3 GB RAM.

The purpose of the test is to confirm that all OS/CPU/GPU combinations work properly and confirm that 3 GB GPUs can process the new work units.

View article · Mon, 22 Jan 2024 20:15:18 +0000

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA

Dingo

Quote[Amicable Numbers] Part 3 of the 10^21 search has started
Part 2 of the 1021 search will be finished, for the most part, today. There are still ~2000 unfinished WUs which can take up to a couple of weeks to complete, depending on individual participants processing them.

Part 3 of the search will look for amicable pairs where the smaller member of the pair has its largest prime factor between 1011 and 1014:

m=m1*p, 1011 < p < 1014

There are too many primes larger than 1014 (all primes up to 5*1019 need to be checked), so they will require a different approach and a new application when the time comes.

Most of the participants have already started getting part 3 WUs. The new work units will require ~2.5-2.7 GB RAM on CPU, and the same amount of RAM on GPU (for GPU applications), so the minimum requirement for GPUs will be 3 GB RAM.

Right now I don't have an estimate on how long part 3 will take because I haven't accumulated enough statistics yet, and I haven't even finished generating all WUs for part 3.
View article · Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:24:42 +0000

Radioactive@home graph
Have a look at the BOINC@AUSTRALIA Facebook Page and join and also the Twitter Page.

Proud Founder and member of BOINC@AUSTRALIA

My Luck Prime 1,056,356 digits.
Have a look at my  Web Cam of Parliament House Ottawa, CANADA