News:

Members can see all forum boards and posts. Non members can only see a few boards.  If you have forgotten your password use this link to change it.
https://forum.boinc-australia.net/index.php?action=reminder

Main Menu

Magpie Power

Started by MAGPIE, March 13, 2017, 08:21:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAGPIE

Dataman

Mike Mitchell

AA's > 1-Malaria 2-Tanpaku 3-Riesl Siev 4-Seti 5-ABC 6-Einstein 7-WCG 8-Seti 9-QMC 10-WCG 11-Cosmo 12-ABC 13-MilkyWay 14-3x+1 15-Rosetta 16-ABC 17-MilkyWay 18-Einstein 19-WCG 20-WCG 21-Poem 22-Rosetta 23-Docking 24-Spinhenge 25-Alternate 26-Simap 27-Alternate 28-Constellation 29-WCG 30-Edges 31-Alternate 32-Pogs 33-WCG 34-Seti 35-Pogs 36-Poem 37-Pogs 38-Asteroids 39-Pogs 40-Simap 41-Pogs 42-Seti

Dataman

Four and twenty magpies baked in a pie? Yum.  :wink

Friggin' cold here.

Happy New Year!

:greet

MAGPIE

Well I think it was blackbirds in that pie but a nice little dig just the same :pcwhack:  hehe just kiddin :BigGrin

And yes I bet it is cold over there...I have been seeing a lot of news footage showing how bad.....reckon you could just put your food outside as it would be colder than your freezer :rofl:

Happy New Year to you as well cobber and keep that fire or heater cranked right up (consolation I guess is your puters won't over-heat at the moment)

I honestly dunno how you guys can handle that sort of cold...better get a big jacket :thumbsup:

Dataman

Quote from: MAGPIE on December 31, 2017, 07:24:22 PM
Well I think it was blackbirds in that pie but a nice little dig just the same :pcwhack:  hehe just kiddin :BigGrin

And yes I bet it is cold over there...I have been seeing a lot of news footage showing how bad.....reckon you could just put your food outside as it would be colder than your freezer :rofl:

Happy New Year to you as well cobber and keep that fire or heater cranked right up (consolation I guess is your puters won't over-heat at the moment)

I honestly dunno how you guys can handle that sort of cold...better get a big jacket :thumbsup:

Haha, no dig mate, just made me think of the old rhyme.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sing_a_Song_of_Sixpence

I always have to laugh about the magpie comments. They do not come up to our altitude but are a scourge in the Great Central Valley in California. They are considered a "trash bird" by orchard owners (and the State) as they eat almost anything (especially fruits and nuts) and crap on almost everything.  :rofl: Thousands die by shotgun each year. Duck and cover mate!  :jester:

Yep, cold sucks. We do not have it bad here as it rarely gets below -5C but I have friends in CO where it routinely gets down to -35C. I do not know how they survive but they love it there.

We are going to a small party tonight for New Year's ... hope I can stay awake that long.  :wink

Watched the Sydney fireworks ... always enjoy them.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

:greet

chooka03

At least it beat the bin chook!  :rofl:

MAGPIE

Actually down here in Tasmania the Magpies are not a problem really (quite friendly and everyone likes them)..its all the bazillions of starlings crapping everywhere and they eat all the fruit off the trees in big swarms.like locusts in your back-yard.

Not to mention that my car looks like Picasso has had a go at it every second day :thumbdown:

Some of my family run a huge orchard here that supplies supermarkets as well as china, and they get the bad old crow giving them all the grief..and yes many crows have died by shotgun here as well.

So guess I am sticking up for the Aussie Magpie who is not quite as aggressive as the variety you guys have over there it seems :AUS:

MAGPIE

Sorry just couldn't help this one..think his name is Magzilla :rofl:

Dataman

Ours ...  :USA1

MAGPIE

Actually Dataman, they look totally different don't they, especially since they have the same name :wavey2:

MAGPIE

MAGPIE

Yep just another Magpie story, for some light entertainment :wink

https://pickle.nine.com.au/2018/05/29/14/04/pickle-2905-magpies-vs-planes-reaction-threat

As you can see from this remote plane picture, they aren't scared it seems, but still friendly little buggers :thumbsup:

shift

"the four most common collisions of planes and flying animals between 2014 to 2015 involved bats, swallows, kites and plovers."

Kites are animals?!  :shock